Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Minecraft Dungeon Crawl Project-Diamonds of the Bay  (Read 4654 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Minecraft Dungeon Crawl Project-Diamonds of the Bay
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

I was making a Painterly Pack a while ago, and thought "Hm, there are a lot of RPG-esque options here..." Combine this with a discussion about Zelda dungeons on a server I visit and I end up with an idea-"Hm, maybe I could build my own dungeon?" This was quickly followed by "Hm, I fail at Redstone... and exterior design... and several other things..." This follow-up was followed up by "Hm, maybe the Bay12ers would like to aid me in this project?" Which kind of brewed over a while until this idea came to fruition. The long and short of it is-we're going to make our own Dungeon Crawl, in whatever form we want. Because we can.

We'll need a number of people working on this project, who should be good at doing different things. I've come up with a list which would encompass most of the things we'd need for a dungeon, but my guess is that I've missed a few things.
  • Magagers: People who will oversee the project and dabble into the majority of fields. Only one or two of these will be needed.
  • Designers: People who will design and dig out the dungeons themselves. Would need to co-operate with other jobs to make their intentions clear.
  • Redstoners: People who will create all the circuitry and traps in the dungeons. Would need good knowledge of Redstone to ensure a good job is done.
  • Artists: People who will make the dungeons aesthetically pleasing. Also responsible for above-ground buildings. Could also make a texture pack?
  • Server Host: While they may not seem like an important job, having a server would be the best way of doing things. If someone could host a whitelisted server, that would be amazing.
I also have a somewhat vague idea of what the plot would be! Ahem;

A thousand years ago, a great evil terrorized the land. A great, foul beast known as Armok came from the depths of the Nether to send his minions to wreak havoc upon the population of the Bay. However, in times of darkness, 12 heroes from across the Bay stood up and defeated Armok, imprisoning his powers in 12 Diamonds. To keep these diamonds safe, they each dug their own dungeon, to which only the bravest heroes could traverse, and hid their diamonds in the bottom of their dungeons. Armok was sent back to his own realm, waiting for his chance to seek vengence. His chance is now. He has come back to this realm, and is seeking the Diamonds of the Bay to regain his powers. You, the hero, must find all of the diamonds before Armok, lest the world fall into chaos.

So I suppose it all boils down to this: would anyone be willing to help me create this project? And if so, how?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Dungeon Crawl Project-Diamonds of the Bay
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:42:09 am »

This does seem like quite an interesting project, I'd help but I don't have any computers that can work Minecraft ATM.

You also might want to move this to "Creative Projects" ;)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:45:10 pm »

Yeah... if I did that, hardly anyone would look at it.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:50:11 pm »

Does the server host need a 24/7 thing? I could easily make a second server run on here, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 04:59:42 pm »

If you could do that, that would be the most amazing thing since canned bread was invented.

Which is to say, very.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:04:56 pm »

Do you need anything from mods/bukkit (nicknames, /setspawn, /home, warp to co-ords command, etc) or just an active whitelist?
The 24/7 thing was because I didn't know if you wanted that or not, since I am not so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:14:45 pm »

Hmmmm... Sounds cool. I had some interesting ideas in terms of dungeons that I tried to implement on Aklyon's server. But then I got tired because of the difficulty involved in doing it by myself.
It's FEF, not FEOF

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »

Do you need anything from mods/bukkit (nicknames, /setspawn, /home, warp to co-ords command, etc) or just an active whitelist?
The 24/7 thing was because I didn't know if you wanted that or not, since I am not so.
Probably everything you listed minus the nicknames, whitelist, ability to spawn jack schitt everything... 24/7 isn't an issue, but relative frequency would be appreciated. Also, you'd need to be able to save the world file and upload it for obvious reasons.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 05:36:35 pm »

uploading it I can do, I've got plenty of space in Wuala.
The first sentence is confusing, though; I thought you wanted the whitelist?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 05:38:17 pm »

Everything minus the nicknames.
Whitelist and setting spawn as well as the ability to spawn blocks are needed.

a ; would have fit better than a ,
*Hugs*

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 05:39:55 pm »

I'd be up for this, im good at building and decent at everything else. I could be a Magager, but redstone isn't exactely one of my strongest talents.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 05:44:02 pm »

uploading it I can do, I've got plenty of space in Wuala.
The first sentence is confusing, though; I thought you wanted the whitelist?
Wheeee, I feel silly because I overlooked the word whitelist in your post. I would bang my head against a table, but there is a distinct lack of tables in my vicinity.

Ok, basically, everything minus nicknames.

In the future, unless I say otherwise, please assume that my commas are the start of a new piece of information and not a continuation of the phrase before it.

NINJAS: TMoM hit the nail on the head. I just like commas.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 03:46:28 am »

Aaaaaaaand bump.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 04:52:28 am »

I'll do ya redstone Kirby, if I get a break from my redstone computer (So much repition  ;)).
1=0

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 01:46:59 pm »

So what are we gonna start with?
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: [1] 2 3