Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Infinite Eating/Resting loop for the Injured.  (Read 1559 times)

Citizen of Erl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinite Eating/Resting loop for the Injured.
« on: November 24, 2007, 07:53:00 am »

In the latest version, that is 33c I believe, I have an injured dwarf who is hungry, so he decides to go eat. Then he decides to go rest his injury. Then he decides to go eat, all in an unending loop of red messages and getting nowhere.

I thought the problem was that I had no rooms, just beds out there. But creating a room did not solve the problem.

The injury is a yellow upper body wound. And I notice he's not flashing an injury cross, either.

I can send a save if needs be, but it's kinda a pain, since I'm on dial-up, thus not offering it up immediately.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Eating/Resting loop for the Injured.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 09:35:00 am »

Bump, same thing. Will upload save if needed, except mine is flashing injury.

Poil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »

I've got a wrestler who is interrupting his drinking because he is resting an injury x300.
[DEMONLORD]

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »

I don't know about interrupts (my message bar is already cluttered by dwarves trying to clean somewhere they can't get and I can't find it), but I've noticed a Thirsty wrestler going back and forth five steps between his bedroom and the long corridor down to the drink.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Jeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »

Yes, 33c I have 2 dwarves going back and forth between bed and towards the drink stockpile and spamming cancel messages.

Update: Well, at least some dwarves managed to get these dwarves water and get them to lay back down.

[ November 24, 2007: Message edited by: Jeon ]

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »

I have a dwarf with a yellow wound doing the same kind of drink : cancel repetition.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TomTheHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »

Yes, recovering from wounds seems totally broken.  If you have someone in bed in 33b, thirsty or hungry, and then load the game in 33c, he'll immediately get up and start wandering, doing a drink/rest or eat/rest loop.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »

What about worlds generated in 33c? Do they do the same there? I'll stick with 33b for a while until I feel like generating new world and starting over. Then I'll dl whatever version is out and go with that. :P
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

It still occurs with 33b. My miner was injured and won't rest. I'm waiting for him to pass out.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »

It wasn't occuring in 33b for me, not with someone with just a yellow injury. My manager has one - he was resting fine before 33c. Now he's getting out of bed, walking downstairs, picking up a booze barrel, dropping it, going back to bed, getting out of bed, walking downstairs... Endlessly. He's hungry and thirsty and it doesn't look like anyone is going to feed him or give him anything to drink.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Durnheist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »

Funny, I have both the dwarf cancel repetition bug and the same problem as you Align, dwarfs are trying to clean some place they can't reach and that I cannot find.  I have no areas forbidden, the message started a little after I found a cave river though and so I wonder if it's at all related.  

Back on topic though, this problem is so severe with a decent sized military with just sparring wounds that I'm going to have to turn off job cancellations.  They don't seem to be able to walk far enough to reach the booze, let alone have enough time to drink it before the rest job overrides.

EDIT:  Looks like my wounded are now dying of dehydration and starvation.  Before none had died of these problems in 33b, probably because peasants did a good enough job bringing them food and water, but now that they are trying to do it themselves and only pacing back and forth they die.  I don't want to revert to 33b or let my dwarfs die like this so I'm going to just quit playing until it's fixed I guess.

[ November 24, 2007: Message edited by: Durnheist ]

Raiden333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »

I drafted a woodcutter to kill some zombie mountain goats that were getting a bit too close. He went to the weapon and armor stockpile with a job like "getting equipment", then he'd walk about 15 steps away and turn around and do it again. I watched him do that for about 15 cycles and then just undrafted him and let him go back to cutting trees.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by THLawrence:
<STRONG>It still occurs with 33b. My miner was injured and won't rest. I'm waiting for him to pass out.</STRONG>

Sorry meant to say that is was still occurring with new worlds made with 33c. My bad.

Oneiros

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 07:14:00 pm »

Same here, my military is falling apart  :(

Fire Tempest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 08:02:00 pm »

Mine are a little bit dumber.
"Cancel sleep, resting wound"
Wish I could tell a hammerdwarf to tap these two on the head.
urrounding yourself with dwarfs does not make you a giant.
Pages: [1] 2 3