Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957842 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7530 on: August 19, 2017, 03:51:16 pm »

Somebody needs to make a real wrestling game.

And by "real" wrestling game, I mean a real fake pro wrestling game. Not a mediocre fighting game with licensed pro wrestler likenesses, but a game about managing a roster of whatever wrestlers you want to create. Take the character creator option that's in most of the WresleMania games, tighten it up and add an irresponsible amount of detail, then let the player set up crazy story-lines for their stupid custom wrestlers.

In fact, I don't even care if they add the ability to actually play the matches; I'd rather just watch. Add a ton of different random events and reactive AI, combine that with player-created content, and let it loose. Hundreds of hours of entertainment. Imagine the Twitch streams!

Hell, just implement modding support, integrate it with Steam Workshop or something. Create an entire universe of custom moves, characters, venues, weapons, ring entrances, EVERYTHING
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: August 19, 2017, 03:57:27 pm »

I'd say make it like Ender's Game.
Giants drink from enders game would be sweet
××××××××××××××××××

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: August 19, 2017, 04:39:31 pm »

And by "real" wrestling game, I mean a real fake pro wrestling game. Not a mediocre fighting game with licensed pro wrestler likenesses, but a game about managing a roster of whatever wrestlers you want to create. Take the character creator option that's in most of the WresleMania games, tighten it up and add an irresponsible amount of detail, then let the player set up crazy story-lines for their stupid custom wrestlers.

In fact, I don't even care if they add the ability to actually play the matches; I'd rather just watch. Add a ton of different random events and reactive AI, combine that with player-created content, and let it loose. Hundreds of hours of entertainment. Imagine the Twitch streams!

Hell, just implement modding support, integrate it with Steam Workshop or something. Create an entire universe of custom moves, characters, venues, weapons, ring entrances, EVERYTHING
Y'know what? I wish that existed too.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: August 19, 2017, 05:04:16 pm »

Agreed, that sounds like a great concept. I would worry a bit about the trouble one might get into from implying that matches could be decided prior to their commencement and such, but overall I would imagine that the support would outweigh the antagonism.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: August 19, 2017, 05:39:23 pm »

Sounds a little like those manager games (Football Manager, Motorsport Manager, etc.)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

rico196534

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: August 21, 2017, 09:11:03 pm »

There is wrestling management game where you manage a promotion, create your storylines etc.
Unfortunately it's mostly text based with few images (mostly wrestlers portraits). The game itself features made up "universe" with fictional promotions and wrestlers but there are real life "mods". You can edit the database to add your own wrestlers, promotions and so on. Here's the link: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2016/

(Note: I played the 2013 edition so I'm not knowledgeable about the 2016 one.)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: August 23, 2017, 02:07:02 pm »

Agreed, that sounds like a great concept. I would worry a bit about the trouble one might get into from implying that matches could be decided prior to their commencement and such, but overall I would imagine that the support would outweigh the antagonism.

Hell I have no interest in fake pro wrestling and this sounds super fun.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: August 23, 2017, 02:13:20 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: August 23, 2017, 02:18:59 pm »

Don't look at it as managing a wrestling league, look at it as producing a serialized drama. Imagine the plotlines! The betrayals! The unexpected team-ups! The end-of-season big reveal/epic duel!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: August 23, 2017, 02:48:08 pm »

Don't look at it as managing a wrestling league, look at it as producing a serialized drama. Imagine the plotlines! The betrayals! The unexpected team-ups! The end-of-season big reveal/epic duel!

THE SLAP PANDA is a silent sumo-style wrestler wearing a large costume panda head. No-one knows his true name or identity, only that he fights to avenge his panda brethren.

KOALA KING is a huge man with an outback hat and koala-themed body paint. His signature move is the EUCALYPTUS DROP in which he attaches to a corner post and waits for his opponent to get tired then falls on them to pin.

SLOTH-LORD is an acrobatic wrestler who refuses to take any normal steps. He can only launch himself via flips and mid-air-twists to a new location, where he is again immobile.

They take on any team that openly disrespects unique animal habitats.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: August 23, 2017, 04:58:15 pm »

Seems like some kind of variation of The Movies, except for wrestling.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: August 26, 2017, 04:26:42 am »

I wonder if a survival deathmatch like Player Unknown's Battlegrounds could work in a scifi setting like Planetfall Planetside. Planetfall Planetside already has a wide variety of maps well-populated by structures, and the the map could close in on different locations each match so the final battle happens in unique arenas. Maybe add a few more, like a low grav area.

PF PS itself probably couldn't be ported directly, though. No tanks, the sunderer is too large/armored for carrying a group - need something more car/jeep like. A harrasser with more seats could work but remove the weapons. The quad bike (forget the name) is fine on its own provided it doesn't have an onboard weapon. No flying units, obviously. Limit to small arms/rifles since you don't need the AA/AT anymore (and the heavy AI like LMGs would be too much). Maps would probably need to be flattened and made more open except in specific areas (I always felt they were all uneven and rocky to really drive around comfortably off-road). Maybe mash all the continents together so the terrain of each is available each game, with the map closing on different areas each map for variety and map dynamics.

Edit: What the hell is Planetfall? (Yes, is apparently an old thing.) I meant Planetside.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:10:57 am by Niveras »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: August 26, 2017, 04:48:46 am »

I want a version of PUBG where everyone's a chimp like hominid, with lots of improvised stick and stone based weaponry, intense climbing in forests with giant trees, large monstrous animal hazards that could be lured and used to kill off other players, stuff like that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7543 on: August 26, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »

An open arena game operated by competent developers. For some reason the genre attracts neophyte coders and amateur producers, with the result being instability, low performance, hacking, and constant exploits. And generally have a well-moderated community. Raw internet culture does not work well with having a good experience.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: August 26, 2017, 02:12:10 pm »

I want a version of PUBG where everyone's a chimp like hominid, with lots of improvised stick and stone based weaponry, intense climbing in forests with giant trees, large monstrous animal hazards that could be lured and used to kill off other players, stuff like that.

Makes me think there needs to be more games where you get to play as a neanderthal. Probably not what you meant what with the climbing and stuff, but it would be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 577