Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957839 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7515 on: July 19, 2017, 07:31:46 pm »

Look, I'm not going to pretend to be mature here, if given 100% free reign over all animations my character would 100% wield his lightsaber with his ****. Single-grip, as it were.

You need to put safeguards in against this or else I will ruin it. I'll try to stop myself, but I'm weak I'm sorry.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: July 19, 2017, 10:26:48 pm »

I fully support the troll animations. Thats the part of the fun of physics games. In this perfect holy game, server admins will have the option to limit the flexibility of the character and other such settings.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: July 19, 2017, 10:38:31 pm »

I need a game with four seperate and intertwined parts to it: FPS, RTS, flight simulator, and 4X, with Stellaris' customization style. You have your character, the one you make yourself and choose the skills of, and control in the FPS part of it. You can control them independent of others, doing intrinsic things like hacking a door or stealthing behind enemy lines, then once you have your job done you switch to the RTS and command all your squads or what have you to do their thing, likely having been fighting or holding position as you did this, and once they are doing whatever you can switch to an empire view, ordering around fleets between planets and battling for territory like resource rich asteroid fields etc. Obviously not always in that order, you could for example command a fleet battle, make a breach, land your guy and a squad on the surface to do a mission, spend a long time doing that, then finish the mission and retreat back to the fleet. There would be an AI for all your troops that is active for them while you're away, that'd play mostly passive/defensive without your commands. You could spend time making your empire's next battleship, or negotiating with a neutral shipyard to produce you 20 of their design, or talking with a travelling merchant to buy an old survey map he has of an old abandoned junkyard with a small fleet of cruisers to reactivate and renovate. Everything is customization by you, be it your ships, your troop's loadouts, your flag, the paintjob on your ships and bases, even how your men react to situations, for example you can have heavy weapons troops fall back to a defensive position while scout units harass from the sides, frigates make a defensive screen around battleships and let them cycle their weapons then move to let them fire, then close back up, etc.

Yes, I know, it'll never happen, and if anyone attempts a game with so many layers it'd be crap, but I can dream, can't I?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: July 19, 2017, 11:59:29 pm »

There are two indy games I can think of that fit your description.

The serious answer is Enter the Depths.  You build with a voxel system a fleet of vehicles and buildings in an ocean/island world, using resources you can fight over with other factions each of which has their own designs.  You can spread out through the world building better and better designs and encountering more and more dangerous enemies; you can also personally board their vehicles and take control.  It lacks the "troop" aspect but you can have a fleet of airships/submarines/planes/boats of all sizes and shapes and the AI can pretty much handle it, plus if you want to go into detail you can basically build your own AI for your vehicles.  Its technically in early access but in reality its a full product and its the kind of thing that a hundred games have offered but few have delivered.  That being said it was too much of a time investment for me to learn.

The less serious answer (although still an impressive creation) is this.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: July 20, 2017, 12:49:15 am »

Ooh, the first sounds interesting. Guessing it's on Steam? Internet's down right now, will have to check the link in two days.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: July 20, 2017, 03:24:01 pm »

I want a game like Wurm, except instead of a medieval city you build a modern city, with asphalt streets and stuff. Then you drive your car over it like GTA, carjack stuff, etc. Then you strap a weapon on your car and it becomes car wars and do a lot of property damage, until your city legalizes death races and arenas, to compensate for all the destruction, making the money back to fix things. And stuff.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: July 21, 2017, 10:34:17 am »

Damn, can't find "forgot the name of the game thread"  so posting here.
Game - RTS  where you can take  your hero under direct control (3rd person view). "Time" - ancient rome, egypt, whatever.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: July 21, 2017, 01:00:07 pm »

Wait is this a real game or one you want to exist?  If its the latter then you have the right thread.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: July 21, 2017, 01:19:04 pm »

Isn't it obvious? It exist, and i want to know it's name, but can't find right thread.    ::)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: July 21, 2017, 02:38:39 pm »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: July 21, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »

I searched for it, dammit!  Why it isn't given me anything!?(Because i searched it horribly wrong. Double dammit!  >:( )
Oh. Sorry for posting in wrong thread, then.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: July 24, 2017, 02:43:05 pm »

I guess it was obvious.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: August 02, 2017, 10:08:46 pm »

I once imagined a game where you play an off-site troop commander and have to make decisions based on radio reports and satellite photos. You wouldn't have real-time information and instead have to update a physical map as reports come in. The thing is I have no idea if this would be fun or just frustrating
Probably both.
But there are variants.

On the operation level with maps and all, it would look like this.

But what about strategy level? It should be less detailed... yet having more control than "show me the result" can be interesting.

The best indirect control of tactics i have seen implemented are Battle Plans in "Stars!" - you can choose per fleet which one to use, and customize them: general behaviour (run away ASAP/try to inflict maximum damage/etc - unarmed ships will run either way, obviously), target priority (e.g. kill bombers first), whether to dump cargo before battle (to increase tactical speed) and whether you want to attack neutrals. For simple patrols pre-made  "Default" or "Sniper" do the job, but there are always cases when tweaking helps.

Now, an automated tactical combat with generic goals, but also controlled by list of tactical responses + NPC personalities for decision making? This could be fun. Add reputation system (for NPC-unit interaction) and some unit customisation (even basic traits like in Battle for Wesnoth), and this could also cover Your Dudes aspect. And remain useful in variety of settings.

It could also work as a surgeon simulator style physics joke game.  Play as the general, fuck up everything, then after the battle the blinders get taken off and you see a replay of what actually happened.
Aren't after action reports half of the reason why Fun is called so?  ;D
You'd give orders and hope the enemy screws up at least as much as Your Dudes, might as well watch replay.
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7528 on: August 13, 2017, 02:17:34 pm »

I'd say make it like Ender's Game.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: August 19, 2017, 02:16:03 pm »

A racing game with tracks based around the Pan-American Highway (including the Alaskan roads, unofficial US and Canadian roads, and the roads that go across Argentina and into Ushuaya from both sides) with photo mode and a GT Sport-like custom livery tool.
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 577