Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957815 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7485 on: June 30, 2017, 10:50:04 pm »

I want a game where you can REALLY build your whole spaceship. You design the interior layout, the 3d shape, turret placement, maintenance tunnels, escape pods, etc. You link up the power generator, the weapons, cockpit, controls, etc. etc. Something akin to 0x10c... Starmade keeps getting closer and closer to this ultimate-ship-customization thing I have in my head... but the adventuring and RPG part of it is not developed at all. Building a spaceship is only half the fun! The other half is using it to great affect, fine tuning it, and enjoying a story.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: June 30, 2017, 11:07:07 pm »

Strangely I think part of the fantasy to 0x10c is that the ship components and computer programming aspect could be too complicated for most people to use, meaning that most people end up using designs made by other people.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: June 30, 2017, 11:14:41 pm »

Strangely I think part of the fantasy to 0x10c is that the ship components and computer programming aspect could be too complicated for most people to use, meaning that most people end up using designs made by other people.

I agree, we have no way of knowing how it'd have turned out... it might have been a serious drag. But, I have another memory which also influences my wish of such a game. Back in the day, I used to play Gmod Spacebuild and for all its shittyness it was wildly enchanting to build your own drones and fully working spaceships with life support, energy, weapons, and rooms.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #7488 on: July 01, 2017, 12:30:23 am »

Robocraft, but without the pay2win esq features (see the crates) and reverted to before tiers were removed
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:33:42 am by MoonyTheHuman »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: July 01, 2017, 10:54:17 am »

This is a bit simple, but I want a Pokemon game (official or fanmade, I don't particularly care) without the bog-standard grass-water-fire starters. Gimme a different triumvirate of types. Dark-Psychic-Fighting, maybe. Ground-Rock-Flying. Something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7490 on: July 01, 2017, 11:12:38 am »

This is a bit simple, but I want a Pokemon game (official or fanmade, I don't particularly care) without the bog-standard grass-water-fire starters. Gimme a different triumvirate of types. Dark-Psychic-Fighting, maybe. Ground-Rock-Flying. Something.
Well shoot dude if all you want is a different starter there are options for that.
Use action replay codes: https://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/pokemon-emerald/4576/ar-codes/choose-your-own-starter-pokemo/
Romhack tool that lets you change starters in GBA games: http://hackromtools.altervista.org/advance-starter/

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: July 01, 2017, 11:20:47 am »

Nah, I want new Pokemon.

Besides, there are tons of three-stage Psychic lines. How many three-stage Fighting or Dark lines are there? Off-hand, the only one I can think of is the Machop line. Dark and Fighting tend to be either two-stage or just plain one-stage.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: July 01, 2017, 11:22:46 am »

How about no starter pokemon? You just have to catch one right off the back, and it'll be hella hard. PokeSouls. You're pokemon can die, YOU can die. No handholding. Yeeaaaa.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7493 on: July 01, 2017, 12:09:21 pm »

I definitely want a Pokemon type game where the first "pokemon" you catch is one you can beat in a fist fight without it maiming you.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: July 01, 2017, 12:52:10 pm »

How about it being like this.

You can use yourself to battle wild pokémon, but not trainers. (Except evil team. They will try to kill you.) If you get defeated it is game over. You do not get a starter pokemon, but have to catch your first pokémon on the first road. You level up similar to pokémon, but you get these attacks on level 1. Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Pokéball and bash. When you use Pokéball, you get to choose which Pokéball you use. Bash uses your held item to hit the foe and different items deal different amounts and types of damage.

Also, there are two ways anyone can die.
A) Having your HP reduced to -MaxHP
B) Getting hit by a lethal strike. If you are hit by a critical hit, the chance of critical is rolled again, and if it suceeds, it is a lethal strike.

Also, if you end up dead before getting your first Pokémon, the last thing you hear is the professor saying: "Another one to dispose of."
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: July 01, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »

I'd like to see EDF with muskets and cannons.

Not literally Earth Defense Force mind you, but the same mindset.  Which I would describe as "having the player fight 1 normal sized enemy or 100 giant enemies takes about the same developer time so fuck you."  Just the player leading a unit of musket and bayonnette equipped soldiers against, I don't now, steampunk robots or dinosaurs or something.  Indie quality standards, very simple formation controls where your unit mostly mimics your movements and that's how you give them orders.  A lot of silly overly formal dialogue with British accents.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: July 01, 2017, 02:39:27 pm »

That would be awesome, fighting like werewolves, vampires, and bearmen and shit. Yeeeeaaaaaaa

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: July 03, 2017, 06:25:54 pm »

I wish a Bloodbowl game but in the vain of Football Manager existed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: July 11, 2017, 05:09:27 pm »

Watching people play Super Mario 64 multiplayer hack has made me yearn for a really, really good SM64 remake. I love SM64 to pieces and multiplayer looks fun, but it really needs an update. Also a multiplayer feature that was designed and planned for, not a hack.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7499 on: July 12, 2017, 01:59:50 am »

You are the first sentient computer. It is real time with pause, with a twist -- there is a maximum amount that you can "slow time" and still give orders, and that is limited by your processing power. The robots you build have Childeren Of a Dead Earth level customization, and your character's goal is to annihilate humanity -- but the humans don't know that you're hostile, or even that you exist, until you makes yourself known!

Hacking and cybersecurity is included.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 577