Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957624 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7320 on: December 22, 2016, 08:39:45 pm »

The inevitable full-history paradox game.

Starts in -10,000 BCE. I feel that the tech tree would be very important to refine.

The best part is that it's impossibly ambitious for most companies, but heck this thing could cost $500 by the time you have all the DLC and it's normal for paradox.
Only history? Written records seem to be a rather limited field... Wouldn't it make more sense to try to charge up a favourable big-bang and end trying to generate and survive a new one?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: December 23, 2016, 04:18:57 am »

I wish there was a game like Hexen but not at all like Hexen.

Hexen's a dark fantasy first-person action game based on DOOM. It takes place in a delightfully grim and gory world with all sorts of weird fantasy creatures to beat up, hack to bits or zap with magic. It had every opportunity to be fun, every chance to be an alright game.

But, Raven seemed hell-bent on making a puzzle platformer. Using DOOM physics. So you have slippy-slidey jumps in first person, usually over death pits while being shot by enemies. Then, when you're done with extremely unfun platforming sections, you have to navigate through tedious, maze-like hub areas with unclear objectives so you can do another jumping puzzle.

Can we have a melee-focused first-person action game that looks like Hexen but with different levels, please?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: December 23, 2016, 02:44:05 pm »

Try King's Field?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7323 on: December 23, 2016, 04:36:29 pm »

I really like King's Field but if he's looking for a game like Hexen, then he's going to be disappointed.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: December 29, 2016, 02:51:40 am »

A 4X or grand strategy game that incentivises not growing all planets/settlements to their highest possible level/population.  I want a valid ingame reason to have rural villages or smaller farming colonies instead of every single base becoming a sprawling metropolis.

The only game I can think of that really does this is (the kind of ancient) RTS Warrior Kings.  You had a single walled city that would grow over the course of a level and continue your unit production facilities, commercial building and the like.  Then you could set up additional unwalled villages for basic resource harvesting and farming.  You could throw down a windmill, maypole or church to increase their productivity but that was pretty much it for development.  Nevertheless, founding and protecting these villages was crucial, as their frequent shipments of resources to your city kept the whole war machine pumping and your troops fed.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: December 29, 2016, 09:58:34 am »

Star Ruler 2 is a bit like what you're looking for. It is actually impossible to fully develop all of your planets, because worlds with higher tier resources require the combined imports of several lower tier worlds to reach the development level required to exploit those resources. You end up with a handful of valuable, high output metropolis worlds supported by a large number of suppliers, which must be defended lest your centers of power grind to a halt.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: December 29, 2016, 12:19:28 pm »

Nox 2, Darksiders 3, and a GOOD continuation of the overlord Series of games that isn't a shitty multiplayer party game.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: December 30, 2016, 12:13:34 pm »

You end up with a handful of valuable, high output metropolis worlds supported by a large number of suppliers
That sounds oddly like real life.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: January 02, 2017, 08:12:18 am »

A game where you can use your own heightmaps without modding. Aside from DF and Minecraft
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: January 02, 2017, 09:23:24 am »

Sim City 4

Cities Skylines.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: January 08, 2017, 11:03:33 pm »

A survival game like Rust or Ark, with a wide array of primitive tools and constructions, wherein, the challenge was to survive in nature, consistently, throughout the entire game. No MMO grind or seasonal trash events, no overbearing RPG mechanics, and no toxic PvP. And make it more like a roguelike in the respect that you were more likely to die per run through than to get bored of playing and just put the game down.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: January 13, 2017, 11:06:12 pm »

i got this idea today after watching a small video in youtube about "western RPGs" vs "JRPGs". its a turn based RPG set in a universe where music can be used as a weapon, with 4 factions representing four different types of instruments (Percussion, Wind, String and Electronic as an extra).

each instrument reflects the basic tropes of RPGs, the heavy fighter, the light fighter, the marksman and the mage. each faction has its own set of these but they capitalize in one specific instrument.

the story? im not sure, it could be open world i guess, or have some sort of epic arc related to the origin of music. enemies would represent musical genders that would test the player to different musical configurations i think.

sounds so good i started writing a bit on it. but i guess it will stay on the sketches meanwhile, that, if i can get people to make it.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7332 on: January 14, 2017, 01:03:33 pm »

I really wish there was a strategy game that captured the feel of things like X-Files/Delta Green. You know, you play someone or a team of someones investigating suspected Mythos/Alien/Supernatural activity. You have to keep your investigations secret from the official police forces, and take care of the problem. Something akin to the first hour or two of Dark Corners of the Earth, but without eventually devolving into "Shooter with a Sanity Mechanic".

I can imagine an X-Com 2 style combat system, and Fallout 1/2 style top-down gameplay when not in combat as you go about investigating with your team and their individual stats, and a masquerade system like Vampire has.

Basically I've got an itch to play Delta Green but I'm not into Tabletop Gaming enough to go out and satisfy that itch xD
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:08:21 pm by MorleyDev »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: January 14, 2017, 03:50:25 pm »

I want a game where terrain destruction is a major factor for PVP. In Minecraft I have dream scenarios about blowing holes in fortresses, destroying bridges, etc. but in practice those opportunities are rare and usually there's a faster/cheaper alternative.

I want a game where you can level a building that your enemies are inside of. Or maybe you're inside that building and have to deal with fire, collapsed rooms, etc. Or maybe the battle's on a mountainside, and you can blast the ground out from under their feet.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: January 14, 2017, 09:50:11 pm »

I want a game where terrain destruction is a major factor for PVP. In Minecraft I have dream scenarios about blowing holes in fortresses, destroying bridges, etc. but in practice those opportunities are rare and usually there's a faster/cheaper alternative.

I want a game where you can level a building that your enemies are inside of. Or maybe you're inside that building and have to deal with fire, collapsed rooms, etc. Or maybe the battle's on a mountainside, and you can blast the ground out from under their feet.

Okay, I'd like a more specific version of this. One of my dreams is Red Faction: Guerrilla. Mostly multiplayer. No pickups, you make your classes a la Battlefield. The entire match takes place in a massive tower, one team spawns on the top floor the other team spawns on the bottom. Fight. Then rebuild the tower and switch spawns. Standard scoring. I mean a BIGASS tower though. Like some WTC1 shit.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 577