Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957419 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7155 on: September 15, 2016, 08:56:13 am »

I didn't have something more specific, I just feel its underused in games.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: September 15, 2016, 09:12:12 am »

The above were empire managers, there is also a city builder:  https://www.gog.com/game/children_of_the_nile_complete

Would be cool to see something set in the pre-dynastic period.  You would have a divided Egypt, and could either fight to subjugate the other half or work for unification of upper and lower. 

Trade and relationships with nearby lands could be important to this; like, you should never be able to totally conquer Syria or Nubia, but you could make them protectorates or trade partners.  If you are receiving benefits from them, it could tip the balance of war between Upper and Lower Egypt in your favor, if you are bogged down there trying to suppress them, it could tip the balance the other way.

I'm not sure if pre-dynastic egypt ever actually traded with Syria, or if that was all later.  Regardless, there is probably a closer example.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: September 15, 2016, 04:58:07 pm »

Classical writings are a good example, barely anything survived the dark ages.  Archimedes had calculus 2000 years before Newton, where would the world be if we had progressed from there instead of backsliding?
I wouldn't call being able to do a few math problems with Riemann's sums as having calculus. As for classical writings, we only know about the ones that were lost because of scholars from the "dark ages".

On a more relevant note, I'd love to see a game with a historical ancient egyptian setting.

It certainly wasn't historical, but I recall a diablo-like set in Egypt. I think. Maybe it was just one chapter of Titan's Quest? (I remember TQ went into China as well.)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: September 15, 2016, 06:38:52 pm »

It certainly wasn't historical, but I recall a diablo-like set in Egypt. I think. Maybe it was just one chapter of Titan's Quest? (I remember TQ went into China as well.)

Could be thinking of something else but Titan Quest definitely did have a chapter in Egypt.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: September 15, 2016, 07:05:02 pm »

Diablo 2 had a chapter in an Egypt-esque fantasy kingdom. IMHO it's the worst part of the game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: September 16, 2016, 04:49:35 am »

Diablo 2 had a chapter in an Egypt-esque fantasy kingdom. IMHO it's the worst part of the game.

Act 3/The Jungle was worse.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: September 18, 2016, 11:37:59 pm »

Maybe this is weird, but I wish there were an open-source standard for robotic pets, like Furbies and stuff. With the Internet, and all the ways that toys interact with apps and websites nowadays, I imagine all sorts of cool possibilities for robotic pet toys.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

GrandpuhTy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: September 19, 2016, 02:01:14 am »

Caravaneer 3.

There was talk of a settlement builder on the Facebook page, so I'm looking forward to that.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7163 on: September 19, 2016, 12:20:47 pm »

An myst-like or RPG that starts out in English but gradually transforms into a different language so as to teach the new language. Heck, a full-immersion Skyrim in a second language, written so that your character doesn't initially speak it, would be interesting.

Wait, I just realized that Skyrim does do that, it's just specifically dragon language.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: September 19, 2016, 12:26:57 pm »

That would be a great way to learn a language, actually.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: September 19, 2016, 01:44:56 pm »

Mass Effect 4

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: September 19, 2016, 01:46:39 pm »

As opposed to Mass Effect: Andromeda?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #7167 on: September 19, 2016, 01:51:35 pm »

Similar idea to PTTG, I've wanted to create a game that is completely in a unique fictional language. Completely. Particularly a text-heavy game like a CCG.

It's like when you play an import with little knowledge other than what "yes" and "no" are, except with an import there's people who actually speak the original language.
Check out my books at O and H Books

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: September 19, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »

Rome Total War 3: The less Bug ridden edition!

Srsly I liked Shogun 2 and Attila but just couldn't get Rome 2 to work quite right.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: September 19, 2016, 06:34:27 pm »

Rome Total War meets Paradox games. The we won't cheap with stupid dlc's and cut corners edition.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 577