Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956999 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6945 on: June 17, 2016, 05:18:15 pm »

A VR game playing with the powers-of-2 concept. You start as a subatomic perspective, but each time you level up, you double in size until you are crushing planets with ease.

Maybe make it katamari damancy esque.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: June 17, 2016, 05:34:41 pm »

Basically a merger of Space Station 13 and Space Engineers. The general structure and direction of the former with the 3D perspective, Newtonian physics, construction system, &c. of the latter. That would be fucking excellent.

I think the ss13 inspired game 'Ion' that was teased last year is this.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: June 17, 2016, 09:43:48 pm »

I wish there was a game where you could play as one of the industrial companies from the Star Wars universe. It would be primarily a game about economies, but you could build on different planets, take political action if wealthy/influential enough and be visited by Jedi or Sith. There would be several different routes to victory such as a pure purchasing power win, or political influence, or market share, etc. etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: June 18, 2016, 01:12:02 am »

On Star Wars, I want an open-world game set on Coruscant, from the crime-filled industrial wasteland on the surface all the way to the landscape of wealth and debauchery at the top of the tallest skyscrapers.

Also, I'd like a modern sequel to System Shock, but I'm not sure how good it would be without SHODAN as the villain, and bringing SHODAN back would just be falling into the Alien trap of implausibly bringing back the same villain multiple times beyond the point of reason.

Nevermind, I learned like ten seconds after this post that it's happening, disregard.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:05:41 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: June 22, 2016, 10:02:29 pm »

Imagine a game like Starmade, you can build your own ship however you want it. But at the same time, it has a huge variety of weapons that all look amazing, like in Fractured Space or Starsector.

;-;

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: June 23, 2016, 02:28:20 am »

Spess Engineers with mods? :P

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: June 23, 2016, 02:46:55 am »

I want an interplanetary strategy game based around assassination; you lead what is functionally a galactic assassins guild, like the Genohardan from KOTOR.  You take contracts, arrange missions, utilising operatives with various skills, contacts and resources, and your reputation rises and falls depending on the success of contracts.

Contracts are how you make money and establish yourself.  But the real meat of the game lies in the sandbox-y nature of the galaxy, which has its own factions, planet populations, ideologies, economies, wars, all of which involve important individuals who can be killed.  By selecting certain individuals for death, you can unmake entire sections of the galaxy, enterprises that could have worked crumble with one laser bolt to the head.  You can prevent wars, cures from being made, all sorts of galactic simulation goodness. 

Your ability to gather information is dependent on your network of informants ( and how much money you spend on them ) and therefore flawed.  This entire game is about the consequences of the killings you sanction, and dealing with other factions who may want to put your Space Dark Brotherhood out of commission.  You can't really survive very long brazenly killing political/business/religious/military leaders all willy-nilly, so secrecy is your best shield.  Apart from that, the galaxy is your playground.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: June 23, 2016, 03:32:54 am »

A Fallout themed grand strategy game where you get to take control over one of the franchise's factions and lead it to victory over the others. For example, take one sect of the Brotherhood of Steel and unite all of America under your technocratic rule. It could have historical (according to fallout lore) starts, or random starts. Multiple Brotherhoods (Original Brotherhood before the schisms+West coast, Midwest, East Coast), Enclave and Enclave remnants, Independent Vegas/ House Vegas. NCR, Caesar's Legion, Master's Army, etc. personally, I wouldn't want the Minutemen, Institute or Railroad in the game, because they're all very localized, unlike the other more empirical factions. I'd really love a good total conversion mod for any other game if I found one.

Ooh, also inlcude starts for every different New Vegas ending. That'd be interesting.

There used to be a mod for HoI III - maybe we'll get one for HoI IV?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: June 23, 2016, 05:35:23 am »

Anno 2205, without the online crap and more worlds. Mars, Europa, Io, Titan... and less but more meaningful, elaborated battles.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: June 23, 2016, 09:28:16 am »

A sorta clone of Darkest Dungeon, but with cyberpunk, and maybe a tiny bit less incompetence / death rate.
Actually I'd love to play something exactly like Darkest Dungeon but more dungeon rompey and less suicide grimdark uberdepressing everyone's-gonna-die-anyway.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:30:15 am by Sergius »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: June 23, 2016, 01:42:24 pm »

I'd like a new Red Dead game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: June 23, 2016, 01:46:49 pm »

I'd like a new Red Dead game.
Its rumored one is in development.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: June 23, 2016, 06:17:45 pm »

I want a real, competently-executed Gauntlet remake done in the top-down style.

Somewhere like late 90s or early 2000s ideas about what Gauntlet should be drifted. And produced a lot of fun games.

But original Gauntlet had that weird mix of small spaces, lots of enemies, easy killing with a dash of puzzle solving, procedural elements and puzzle solving.

Why can't someone just....do that better now? So many of the indie dungeon crawlers out there come close but opt for a different gameplay format. And Gauntlet 2015....it got it so right in some ways, and so fundamentally wrong in others.

With today's experience in mechanics, tech and procedural generation, someone should be able to revamped Gauntlet that rocks.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: June 24, 2016, 06:24:11 am »

Shouldnt the failures to your standard, suggest that its really hard?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: June 24, 2016, 07:52:41 am »

A "light" version of Dwarf Fortress with 2d graphics, kinda like Stronghold or some city building games.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 577