Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 954885 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6735 on: March 11, 2016, 12:06:14 pm »

another patchwork of lame concept:

"and unholy amalgamation between Life Simulator, ARPG and Sandbox Survival, something along the lines of The Sims+Elder Scrolls+Minecraft"

"play as either a simple peasent or a hero of legend, spiritual leader or even potential god. survive in a high fantasy world with its own history and completelly destructable geography while you have freedom to develop whoever you want...."
Yes, someone should make that game. Hm, a good example of the life sim+destructable geography could be some race that mines stuff, like fantasy dwarfs. Living in a fortress.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: March 11, 2016, 12:56:11 pm »

well, due to being partially based on something akin to The Elder Scrolls. there would be some towns or locations randomly generated in the world. so dwarven structures could be coded i guess.

the world is not supposed to be blocky either. just to manage voxels like some new titles that are coming to life(life is feudal? empyrium, medieval engineers?)

the main hook on the game is make the player feel like his actions have a real repercussion in the world, outside of following a narrative. you could become the most powerfull wizard, the most famous thief, the most legendary warrior. heck, even the leader of the most bloodthirsty nation in the world. without having to be put on rails for it.

and of course there's the issue with random encounters, survival (this is partially a life simulator, so you will have to eat, drink, sleep, socialize and even take a sh*t....)

it would take years to make though...setting the most basic stuff is easy but the whole worldgen along with procedural encounters and that stuff would require decades of formation i guess...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: March 11, 2016, 03:43:59 pm »

you want to play chemistry k
Googling shows nothing useful.
Link to this "Chemistry K" game?

The goal is something between Pokemon, Critter Forge, Monster Rancher, and Rune Factory, but with the monsters being genuinely hostile, without the tones of "friendship".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:46:16 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: March 11, 2016, 04:41:44 pm »

The goal is something between Pokemon, Critter Forge, Monster Rancher, and Rune Factory, but with the monsters being genuinely hostile, without the tones of "friendship".
Pretty sure the person was trying to say, "You want to play chemistry, k." K probably meaning "okay" but who knows? Maybe they meant Kerosene or Kellogs cereal.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: March 11, 2016, 04:55:00 pm »

ye i just in shite banter mood
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: March 11, 2016, 04:57:46 pm »

I think he was saying, "So you want to play chemistry? Ok."
Because he thought your game was like real life chemistry.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: March 11, 2016, 05:29:02 pm »

Flabort, I would play your chain game. Go make it immediately.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: March 11, 2016, 08:49:23 pm »

Flabort, I would play your chain game. Go make it immediately.
Title: Chainistry K
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: March 17, 2016, 03:37:43 pm »

I want a game that explores the social implications of some event that caused a "forced evolution" of the human species as a whole. Like, there are tons of games where some baddy is plotting to change all humans and is stopped, but instead of that, it works, and it makes everyone sorta better (not silly superpowers a la DCUO, something more subtle).

Like, if the fusion ending of Mass Effect 3 had happened. But not as an adventure game, but as a game where now you have to find out what happens once everyone has to accept their new physiology. I haven't thought this thru, exactly. Just the broad idea.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: March 17, 2016, 04:45:17 pm »

Deus Ex is kinda that. The mechanical augs seen in Human Revolution and soon Mankind Divided have become mainstream, there's not much opposition to them anymore... but now, mechanical augs are going out of fashion now that nanoaugs exist, so your coworkers are understandably annoyed that basically their entire body is obsolete. It's pretty sympathetic honestly, and one of the best arguments against human augmentation that I've ever heard.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: March 17, 2016, 05:24:49 pm »

Yeah but those augmentations are voluntary. I'm talking more about a species wide event that just changed human physiology. Like, just made everyone tougher/faster/smarter. Like turning everyone into baseline asgardians or something.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: March 17, 2016, 08:20:26 pm »

...Warframe? Sorta? The plot is odd but actually pretty good. Just takes a bit of slashslashslashslash and waiting to get there.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: March 18, 2016, 05:17:29 am »

Deus Ex is kinda that. The mechanical augs seen in Human Revolution and soon Mankind Divided have become mainstream, there's not much opposition to them anymore... but now, mechanical augs are going out of fashion now that nanoaugs exist, so your coworkers are understandably annoyed that basically their entire body is obsolete. It's pretty sympathetic honestly, and one of the best arguments against human augmentation that I've ever heard.
That sounds like the argument is based on the assumption that augmentation hardware is non-modular or, more specifically, that nanoaugs aren't backwards-compatible.
Taste my Paci-Fist

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: March 18, 2016, 06:00:07 am »

Since nano-augmentations are designed to work with organic tissue, there would have to be special augments that work with mechanicals. Those take time and money to research and produce, which would become less and less of an option for companies as mechanical augments become less popular anyway.

And what if augs aren't cross-compatible, i.e. your VersaLife arm socket won't fit any LIMB arms? What if VersaLife then goes out of business and stops producing arms that fit your socket? Would you risk making a piece of your body a third-rate, unofficial item?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6749 on: March 18, 2016, 06:04:02 am »

That sounds like the argument is based on the assumption that augmentation hardware is non-modular or, more specifically, that nanoaugs aren't backwards-compatible.
In Metal Gear Solid nanomachines are passed out of your body and need to be replaced, just like your actual cells. So borrowing from that idea, I can see where the appeal of nanomachines comes in, since it's not at all like cloning an organic replacement organ when you decide you don't want your cyber hand anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 577