Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955356 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6615 on: February 06, 2016, 07:25:00 pm »

depends. normal encounters like skeletons, zombies or slimes would have a reaction depending on how you treat them if you encounter them while minding your business. you can either kill them and take their loot or act with them and they would give the loot willingly. or even help you with stuff like, this zombies knows of a good minings spot you would look after or some rare material nearby.

bosses are more complex in that they would be tied to the overall storyline in the game. maybe a boss will give you rewards only if you prove your worth in battle. maybe sparing a boss from death will reward you for it. maybe discussing your pureness of soul is the only way to defeat another. and each approach to them could have a consequence in the world. for example, imagine a case where if you kill Plantera the whole jungle becomes weak and the corruption/crimson engulfs it far more quicker than usual. maybe by helping to protect the jungle in away would get the attention of Plantera and due to this she rewards you with the same loot you would get killing her, apart of helping to improve a zone in the world from the spreading biomes.

in a nutshell, the idea is to allow the player to get onto the same stuff by either being peacefull or hostile. by being pure or sadistic there could be important consequences in the world as a whole. like evil biomes spreading faster if you destroy "guardians" or rooting out the disease by finding ways to cleanse the world.

this would also influence the behavior of NPC characters that could act depending on the player's actions maybe.

at its core its still a 2d sandbox survival game. but the mechanics copied from Undertale would give interesting ways to progress and finish the game.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6616 on: February 06, 2016, 08:12:49 pm »

A free-for-all Planetside... Let me explain.

Take the basic FPSMMO. PCs do not level up, but equipment is complex, highly moddable, and both limited and droppable. The terrain is taken from Outerra- that is to say, an earth-scale planet with procedural details.

Players team up with friends to from gangs or corporations; your team can take procedural-generated contracts to collect goods, control sites, take locations, and so on. Contracts go out to a selected assortment of other groups, and they are always paired in a matchmaking way- so if there's five of your friends online, your team and another team of five might go up against a large team of eight in a head-to-head fight.

Above the small scale, corps can form alliances and contracts in a tiered structure. You four guys are Delta Team, and you work for the Black Division, who are a part of Checkmate, Inc., who work for the Applied Tactics Alliance. When Applied Tactics Alliance gets a contract like "Take out Whitewater Refinery," all 98 players, including you 4 from Delta Team, are invited to participate in an attack against the 45 defenders there.

These contracts are on a time-delay, anything from 5 minutes for a squad-vrs-squad deathmatch to a couple days leading up to a cross-continent mega mash battle (probably involving many sub-objectives orchestrated by the leadership of both sides). You can set your calendar to be online for a big battle, or participate in a smaller battle of a major war.

Furthermore, players and groups have bases and facilities under their control that provide bonuses. Players can make contracts themselves to either recruit allies or to give orders to their own organizations, or even just place bounties on other players.

Between site bonuses, cybernetics, weapon upgrades, and customized vehicles, an advanced player can be immensely overwhelming to a new player; however, the best equipment is "unique," meaning that you can permanently lose it in combat, and others can steal it. This sort of thing happens when you lose a "major contract" or when you lose your main base, although if you don't perform risky missions there's a chance you'll lose it anyway (to prevent the best items getting troll trapped). The result is that the most powerful players are also the biggest targets.

But procedural contracts and pitched battles are only part of the game. The big thing is betrayals and civil wars, because those unique items and facilities have very limited output, and it's always better to split the prize 4 ways instead of 5. And 3 ways, instead of 4....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:11:06 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: February 06, 2016, 09:11:49 pm »

i wish That Which Sleeps existed

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: February 06, 2016, 11:04:39 pm »

I wish there was a game where you could design tanks, troop equipment, fighters/bombers, etc. for your army, with an extremely in-depth, completely customizable design interface. If I wanted to make a big square tank with 100 mm of armor, I could, or I could make a giant, 10 meter long dong-tank if I so pleased (which I would most likely wish to do. heh). Equipment designed for soldiers would affect them in certain ways. For example, making a 10mm thick steel armor suit would considerably slow down anyone wearing it but also increase their chances of living.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: February 06, 2016, 11:06:39 pm »

I wish there was a game where you could design tanks, troop equipment, fighters/bombers, etc. for your army, with an extremely in-depth, completely customizable design interface. If I wanted to make a big square tank with 100 mm of armor, I could, or I could make a giant, 10 meter long dong-tank if I so pleased (which I would most likely wish to do. heh). Equipment designed for soldiers would affect them in certain ways. For example, making a 10mm thick steel armor suit would considerably slow down anyone wearing it but also increase their chances of living.
Cortex command with mods?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: February 06, 2016, 11:10:43 pm »

Space Engineers looks like it maaaaaay work... Minus the whole troop equipment part, but you can make fighters and tanks and stuff so maybe I'll get it.

Cortex command with mods?

Are there mods that allow you to do that?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: February 06, 2016, 11:12:30 pm »

You can mod in troops with obscene amounts of armor which makes them slower, but it is probably not what you're looking for.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: February 06, 2016, 11:16:20 pm »

You can mod in troops with obscene amounts of armor which makes them slower, but it is probably not what you're looking for.

Meh, not really. Thanks though!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: February 07, 2016, 12:15:15 am »

Multiplayer 3D Magicmaker.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: February 07, 2016, 12:21:46 am »

A shooter (doesn't matter if it's first or third person.) Where you are some sort of spirit that can possess other people's bodies for short periods of time. After that time, your hosts body will force you back out and they won't be able to be possessed anymore. When you are without a body, you can be hurt but you can also attack people as well. When you are in somebody else, you won't take damage as they do, but you can use their weapons to kill other guys. If a person who you are possessing dies, you get forced out as well. The main gameplay would be strategically choosing who to possess and when to ditch the body you are currently in. And as the game goes on, enemies get smarter, and they force you out faster.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: February 07, 2016, 01:11:42 am »

Multiplayer 3D Magicmaker.
Magica. I mean, the flexibility of Magicmaker's isn't there; only 8 elements compared to however many there are in Magicmaker now, but it's similar. You can make your spells on-the-fly, though, so in exchange for being less spells you can use more kinds of spells at once.

Honestly, I'd prefer Magicmaker's spell system in a multiplayer setting like Magica too.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: February 07, 2016, 03:56:08 am »

A shooter (doesn't matter if it's first or third person.) Where you are some sort of spirit that can possess other people's bodies for short periods of time. After that time, your hosts body will force you back out and they won't be able to be possessed anymore. When you are without a body, you can be hurt but you can also attack people as well. When you are in somebody else, you won't take damage as they do, but you can use their weapons to kill other guys. If a person who you are possessing dies, you get forced out as well. The main gameplay would be strategically choosing who to possess and when to ditch the body you are currently in. And as the game goes on, enemies get smarter, and they force you out faster.

Pretty sure that's Geist, an obscure FPS for the Gamecube. May also be literally the only FPS on Gamecube other than Metroid Prime, now that I think about it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #6627 on: February 09, 2016, 07:10:42 am »

I wish there was an advance wars like strategy game I could just pick up and have some fun with. The best thing about those games was that even if you hadn't played in a while, you could jump back in where you left off in the campaign because you didn't exactly need to know what you were doing when you last played.

Then I remembered I'm a programmer and I can make one myself!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: February 09, 2016, 07:45:01 am »

Yay!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: February 10, 2016, 12:28:35 pm »

You know those flight simulator cabinets, the ones that move around and surround you with screens so it's almost exactly like the real thing? I want one of those, but running a Star Wars dogfighting game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 577