Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956282 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6330 on: December 13, 2015, 03:16:15 pm »

They also have similar storytelling methods though in two different directions (Souls reveals it's stories through implications in flavor text, Miami does it through implications in dialog, both use the environment for storytelling) and both have divisive sequels which detractors claim missed the point of the original. Both are also all about that 'smash your head against a wall until it falls down' style of difficulty.

The name Miami Souls is beginning to grow on me. Anyone have any ideas for what it could be apart from a mashup between Dark Souls and Hotline Miami?
Sixth Sense meets Burn Notice. Or Dexter.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: December 13, 2015, 04:05:15 pm »

A visual novel that isn't anime?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: December 13, 2015, 06:29:52 pm »

Was Myst like that? What about the walking dead and such?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: December 13, 2015, 06:32:42 pm »

A visual novel that isn't anime?
Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme
it's only trying to be shitty japanese art
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: December 13, 2015, 06:49:30 pm »

A game with a non-sexualized monster girl protagonist. I can only think of one.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: December 13, 2015, 10:19:29 pm »

Was Myst like that? What about the walking dead and such?

Myst, not really. Walking Dead and other Telltale games are debatable.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: December 13, 2015, 11:06:48 pm »

I don't recall Myst being about long stretches of non-interactive dialog punctuated by seemingly arbitrary and often binary choices, which is how I define a visual novel and most of why I hate them.

Telltale games could be thought of as VN derivatives; they have the same (annoying lack of) gameplay and a similar focus on character interactions and dialogue in a very linear fashion. I would consider them essentially VNs adapted to both American cultural sensibilities and big budgets allowing for 3D animation and QTEs.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6337 on: December 13, 2015, 11:32:49 pm »

A Myst-licensed game where you play a writer, with access to the Art and everything. There actually is a Minecraft mod that adds that...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: December 13, 2015, 11:42:33 pm »

Spore as it should have been, before EA sucked all the soul from it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: December 14, 2015, 12:04:33 am »

Something like Guild of Dungeoneers but with more depth and variety to the gameplay. As it is there's only about half a dozen skills/decks with only about four levels each and it becomes repetitive very quickly. Plus upgrading is rather grindy. I'd add a bunch of new skill decks and make them all go up to at least level 6.

I'd also like to see the same concept implemented with different themes than fantasy (like outer space or wild west or prehistoric or noir)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:07:29 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: December 14, 2015, 01:42:29 am »

A Star Wars 4x, covering all of the known Expanded Universe, from the beginning to the end of the known Star Wars timeline.

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: December 14, 2015, 02:50:40 am »

*A space 4x where you don't start with FTL and it isn't the first thing on the tech tree either
Alien Legacy is kind of close.
Not quite 4x and no tech tree in the exact sense, but it's RTS with pause and you must get resources, expand, research, upgrade and later fight.

A Warhammer 40000 videogame, accurate to the actual rules of Warhammer 40k, where you play as the forces of Chaos.
I doubt anyone would make Chaos-only. And with the current less than clear situation on both ends possibility of a licensed game seems blurry. Thus, your best chance is VASSAL.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:22:35 am by TBeholder »
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6342 on: December 14, 2015, 07:52:42 am »

A Star Wars 4x, covering all of the known Expanded Universe, from the beginning to the end of the known Star Wars timeline.
EU isin't really a thing anymore.
A Warhammer 40000 videogame, accurate to the actual rules of Warhammer 40k, where you play as the forces of Chaos.
I doubt anyone would make Chaos-only. And with the current less than clear situation on both ends possibility of a licensed game seems blurry. Thus, your best chance is VASSAL.
Chaos is yucky. Imperium ftw.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: December 14, 2015, 08:30:08 am »

EU isin't really a thing anymore.

The stories still exist, it's not like they were all vaporized :v

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: December 14, 2015, 10:03:12 am »

*A space 4x where you don't start with FTL and it isn't the first thing on the tech tree either
Alien Legacy is kind of close.
Not quite 4x and no tech tree in the exact sense, but it's RTS with pause and you must get resources, expand, research, upgrade and later fight.

Distant Worlds: Universe has a start without FTL, I think you need to find some ruins to unlock that research. It happens fairly early tho, otherwise you can't progress beyond your starting 4 or 5 planets.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 577