Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956958 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5985 on: October 06, 2015, 08:26:34 am »

Azathoth Simulator. As a cultist, you have to prod an elder god into doing your will until eventually you win him over, somewhat like an idle game. However, there's more active elements for when you want to advance a little quicker; minigames to perform rituals, kidnap sacrifices, general cult-type stuff.
Sounds like it should be a dating sim, not an idle game.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5986 on: October 06, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »

I built up a couple cities and then never touched it again, so...

You also made a couple of the most popular mods of all time...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: October 06, 2015, 03:51:06 pm »

My main issue was if you passed the dumb asset limit, even if you delete stuff, you still can't build. Completely broken.

Also, what is the point in a 1 million pop cap, when 100k is most that can be used? Parts of my city looked completely dead.

Very broken design

I went back to simcity 4, much better for big cities.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: October 08, 2015, 01:38:47 am »

Here's an idea. How about an RPG with no hitpoint increases (Or at least not with automatic hitpoint increases for leveling up). No matter how powerful you become, you're still mortal.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: October 08, 2015, 02:37:16 am »

Well it depends upon what you are asking for. If you just took a normal gobs-o-H.P. game and made the maximum-life static, then it would be stupidly lethal as everything would very rapidly reach one-hit-kill territory and it would end up being ruled over by fast area effects that shoot around corners. now this may be realistic, but doesn't make for a game that is both fun and epic.
 Alternatively you could make the total combined stats static and make power-creep a purely customisation thing, letting folk spam the life bar if they wanted, but forcing them to drop other aspects to do it.
 You could just have a fairly small power differential, I believe that in Shadowrun Returns you can start with enough max health to last the whole game... I forget the specifics of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, though I suspect that the amount of incoming damage probably went up by about a factor of three to five as far as serious battles went, you can probably afford to skimp on the longevity upgrades...
 Then again you could have alternative defences, you die in three hits at the start and end but by the end you have 99% damage avoidance chance with three retries and always get a half-dozen opportunities to get to safety between any attacks...
Honestly, I just wish that enemies never had enough longevity for things to become repetitive...

I wish for a sequel to Iji,,,
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: October 08, 2015, 02:43:27 am »

Here's an idea. How about an RPG with no hitpoint increases (Or at least not with automatic hitpoint increases for leveling up). No matter how powerful you become, you're still mortal.

That's kinda Dwarf Fortress. Sure, you can become tougher and stronger, but a broken bone is still a broken bone.

Honestly, DF Adventure Mode has enough unique and interesting game mechanics for like... four or five separate games.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: October 08, 2015, 03:44:53 am »

I... honestly can't think of one (Dwarf Fortress aside).  Um... final fantasy crystal chronicles maybe?  Not sure if that one even had levels...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: October 08, 2015, 04:08:25 am »

I... honestly can't think of one (Dwarf Fortress aside).  Um... final fantasy crystal chronicles maybe?  Not sure if that one even had levels...

I swear I've seen this before.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: October 08, 2015, 04:12:32 am »

Does C:DDA have hitpoint increases?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: October 08, 2015, 04:33:20 am »

Most FPS games do not, but I guess those generally aren't RPGs. System Shock/Deus Ex/Bioshock? I forget if you could increase base HP through leveling/augments in those games.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: October 08, 2015, 04:54:17 am »

You also made a couple of the most popular mods of all time...
I made like 2, and they weren't huge ones either.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: October 08, 2015, 07:00:07 am »

Iji 2 would be amazing and get all my money.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: October 08, 2015, 07:05:14 am »

An animal arena fighting game with realistic fighting movements, locomotion, senses and survival strategies for the various plucked-outta-nowhere animals.  First and third-person perspective, with open environments capable of giving certain species advantages,ie trees, rocky outcroppings, desert dunes, etc.  DLCs include extinct animals and megafauna.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: October 08, 2015, 01:21:46 pm »

I wish they'd make a sequel to Twilight Princess, or an HD remaster, or even the 3DS version that was speculated about. Wind Waker's already had two successors and an HD remaster, while Twilight Princess is just "The one that came after Wind Waker". It wasn't amazing gameplay-wise, but it gets a lot of unfair backlash because WW Zelda is the fan favorite right now. So we'll probably never see another creepy, dark, scary Zelda game again, forever closing off that avenue of creativity in the Zelda universe.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: October 08, 2015, 02:27:02 pm »

An animal arena fighting game with realistic fighting movements, locomotion, senses and survival strategies for the various plucked-outta-nowhere animals.  First and third-person perspective, with open environments capable of giving certain species advantages,ie trees, rocky outcroppings, desert dunes, etc.  DLCs include extinct animals and megafauna.
Did You Mean: SPORE?
 ;D
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 577