Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955234 times)

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5220 on: April 28, 2015, 04:54:56 am »

I'm actually building a text-based wargame (because, not surprisingly, it has never been done before and because I'm still learning to program) which incorporates this idea. It will be focused on tactical battles (think chess with terrain) but the idea of giving orders will be central to the game.

I believe that it has been done, actually, in Combat Mission series. Orders have delay before they are executed, which depended on equipment, morale and experience of the unit receiving order, if I'm not mistaken. It was turn-based, with turns lasting 60 seconds, and poor quality units sometimes took more than that to execute an order.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: April 28, 2015, 09:22:51 am »

I'm actually building a text-based wargame (because, not surprisingly, it has never been done before and because I'm still learning to program) which incorporates this idea. It will be focused on tactical battles (think chess with terrain) but the idea of giving orders will be central to the game.

I believe that it has been done, actually, in Combat Mission series. Orders have delay before they are executed, which depended on equipment, morale and experience of the unit receiving order, if I'm not mistaken. It was turn-based, with turns lasting 60 seconds, and poor quality units sometimes took more than that to execute an order.

I meant text based wargames not order based ones I do know of combat mission my game mostly is inspired by it but for pre modern rather than modern warfare (there isn't too much lag in the former since most communication is instant)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: April 28, 2015, 01:25:44 pm »

An RPG where you actually have to convince merchants to buy all the crap that you accumulate during your adventures. They'll probably take quality weapons and armor, clothing, gems, etc. but you'll have harder time convincing them to buy random machine parts, single items of food, rust flakes, troll dandruff, etc. etc.
In Receattar you ARE the merchant buying and selling random crap to people.  Once I stocked my entire store with slime fluid.  I went bankrupt a week later.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: April 28, 2015, 01:26:39 pm »

So fantasy pawn stars.

"There isn't really a market for troll dandruff"
Alternatively:

"This is a really nice Elven songblade, but I don't really know much about songblades, so I'm going to have to call in my buddy who's an expert in songblades to come in and check it out."

Actually, this might make a pretty fun forum game.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: April 28, 2015, 01:51:38 pm »

So fantasy pawn stars.

"There isn't really a market for troll dandruff"
"You say you train war toads? I'll buy a hundred."

Get it? war toads? Battle toads? Battletoads?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: April 28, 2015, 03:57:13 pm »

So anyone remember that card based RTS, Battleforge by EA?
Well, I just thought of a card-based, tabletop and Dawn of War inspired turn-based game for W40k. Each unit (card) requires a certain amount of points to be deployed in a army (deck) before each match, you can configure your deck (armies) just like in the tabletop and your deck "levels" up the more you use it, allowing for more or higher level deployables and every faction can be represented! Bring your max level Imperial Guard deck comprised of as many cheap guardsman squad cards and Leman Russes as you can fit vs. a similarly leveled Tau deck using fewer, but higher level Fire warriors and battlesuits! Plays like turn-based DoW, but with all the F2P goodness! WHY ISNT THIS A THING, DANG YOU GW.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: April 29, 2015, 01:44:45 am »

Celestial bureaucracy game.  You begin as an all powerful deity powered by people's belief in you, and must answer people's prayers and make divine policy decisions.  However, you can only take a limited number of actions at a time, and as more and more people believe in you the number of prayers will increase to the point where you can't possibly answer them all.  So you create supernatural creatures, and assign them to committees which handle prayers in a pre-prescribed way.  Different types of supernatural creatures have different abilities, and thus you create different departments and direct the prayers to the ones most suited to dealing with them.  However, these creatures have wills of their own, and might sometimes shirk their duties or take sacrifices meant for you as bribes.  You can discipline or destroy them for this... but that takes away from your limited action budget.

Prayers aren't your only responsibilities.  As you go on, worldly changes and disasters will require a response from you in the form of divine edicts, which are permanent (unless they are repealed) changes to how the world works.  However, to delegate this duty you must hand a way part of your power to make these decisions, called authority, and you cannot easily get it back.  So if you give others too much power, you might find yourself having to play politics to get anything done.

Basically the game starts out simple, and then as time goes on you have less and less influence and the game gets increasingly taken over by a political machine of your own creation, which you must then manipulate to deal with changing circumstances.  The main strategy is planning this bureaucracy ahead of time to avoid problems.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: April 29, 2015, 05:07:54 am »

Sounds it like might work as an idle game, but where the goal is to minimize the unanswered number of prayers as much as possible (spending power to increase prayer-answering ability through the creatures) instead of more numbers/achievements the usual idle games go for.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: April 29, 2015, 11:00:35 pm »

A Diablo clone set in the Mario universe.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: April 30, 2015, 07:07:19 am »

There is no goomba level!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: April 30, 2015, 08:22:30 pm »

The Force Unleashed engine + The world and bending abilities from Avatar/korra.

Nuff said.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: May 01, 2015, 12:18:55 am »

The Force Unleashed engine + The world and bending abilities from Avatar/korra.

Nuff said.
Oh my yes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ibor211

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: May 02, 2015, 01:10:33 pm »

SS13 + LCS !!1!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: May 02, 2015, 04:55:19 pm »

Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: May 02, 2015, 05:01:56 pm »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 577