Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955226 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5025 on: March 09, 2015, 02:12:06 pm »

Do you mean you don't lose if they die or they have basic self preservation skills?

Because I've had a squadate get run over by a tank.  An allied tank.
The first one. Do you mean that if they all die, you lose?
And believe me, I've experienced ARMA AI. I once called over my mates in a truck, who then promptly ran me over.
I survive, so I imagine the PC giving them one hell of a glare afterwards.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: March 09, 2015, 02:15:29 pm »

When I played ARMA 3 over a year ago, if any of your squadmates died they went into like a bleedout mode, and then if you didn't get to them in time you lost.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: March 09, 2015, 02:27:09 pm »

I didn't like the ARMA 3 campaign because the harder modes expect you to be John Rambo to succeed when you're routinely heavily outnumbered and your guerilla buddies aren't too good at outshooting the AI as was the case in ARMA 2.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: March 09, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »

Operation Flashpoint (The original, not the sequel) and the ARMA series is kind of like that. There's this particular feeling of helplessness that I get knowing that even if I'm a hero it will do crap because the operation itself is FUBAR.
The thing I like about ARMA/Operation Flashpoint is that there's helicopters/tanks/machine gunners/whatever... And you don't get a rocket launcher to deal with them. Sure, you can find it off some soldiers you kill, but if you don't find any there won't be one conveniently lying around. You'll just have to crawl in the dirt and hope to God that helicopter decides killing you isn't worth it's time.

This so hard, except the original OFP's squad combat system is incredibly unwieldy; hope you like menus during a heated battle! And the tank missions suck, because it's entirely luck whether your AI crewmates interpret your commands correctly and quickly enough.

When the AI and the mission scripting are working as intended, however, it's one of the most intense games I've ever played. A lot of it does, indeed, come from fear of the enemy's vehicles; nothing like seeing a tank on the horizon and realizing that you left the LAW behind much earlier in the mission, when the soldier carrying it died. It's a shame that they weren't able to and/or didn't make the game closer to an open-world experience, because the game world is quite expansive and I'm positive there are parts that don't get covered during the campaign missions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: March 09, 2015, 03:15:36 pm »

Operation Flashpoint (The original, not the sequel) and the ARMA series is kind of like that. There's this particular feeling of helplessness that I get knowing that even if I'm a hero it will do crap because the operation itself is FUBAR.
The thing I like about ARMA/Operation Flashpoint is that there's helicopters/tanks/machine gunners/whatever... And you don't get a rocket launcher to deal with them. Sure, you can find it off some soldiers you kill, but if you don't find any there won't be one conveniently lying around. You'll just have to crawl in the dirt and hope to God that helicopter decides killing you isn't worth it's time.

This so hard, except the original OFP's squad combat system is incredibly unwieldy; hope you like menus during a heated battle! And the tank missions suck, because it's entirely luck whether your AI crewmates interpret your commands correctly and quickly enough.

When the AI and the mission scripting are working as intended, however, it's one of the most intense games I've ever played. A lot of it does, indeed, come from fear of the enemy's vehicles; nothing like seeing a tank on the horizon and realizing that you left the LAW behind much earlier in the mission, when the soldier carrying it died. It's a shame that they weren't able to and/or didn't make the game closer to an open-world experience, because the game world is quite expansive and I'm positive there are parts that don't get covered during the campaign missions.
Might I recommend the mod Pilgrimage if you're looking for an open world experience? It sounds exactly like what you're looking for.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: March 09, 2015, 06:30:57 pm »

I'd like to see a 4x game with both science-fiction elements (like Master of Orion) AND high-fantasy elements (like Master of Magic or Warlock: Master of the Arcane)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: March 09, 2015, 06:33:03 pm »

Endless Legend is a lot like that, but it goes light on both elements so it might not be your thing.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: March 09, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »

I'd like a 4x game that doesn't have the "rolling ball" effect so often present in other games, where the hardest period of the game is usually the early one, until you snowball in size/technology and start rolling over all your opponents and they can do nothing about it.
._.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5033 on: March 09, 2015, 07:45:55 pm »

I'd like a 4x game that doesn't have the "rolling ball" effect so often present in other games, where the hardest period of the game is usually the early one, until you snowball in size/technology and start rolling over all your opponents and they can do nothing about it.
^^This.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: March 10, 2015, 01:04:59 am »

I had an idea a while back for a shooter where you play as a kitten who works as an exterminator, and you go into these little mouse cities that are themed after whatever kind of building the mice are infesting and you gun them all down. Sort of a combination of Hotline Miami, Postal, and ]i]Grand Theft Auto[/i], but woth funny animals and corpses that can be devoured for bonuses and/or powerups.
That is super dark...I like it.

Other features/details I've considered for this game concept:
-Mouse disguise. Disguise yourself as a mouse
-Several scoring methods; speed, stealth, gruesomeness, style, completion
-Most mice are civilians - (women and children mouse civilians too); you may have to chase them down and/or find them in hiding for full completion
-But many are too naive to flee immediately upon seeing you however; they think they're in something closer to the type of funny animal cartoon where species is purely cosmetic
-Many of the other characters are the opposite, and more than usually/realistically hostile towards vermin.
-Alternate roleplaying solutions to levels. Instead of hunting them all down, you may be able to, for example, ask around and find out where their main water supply is and poison it.
-Maybe borrow the psychadelic catnip thing from Postal 2; it's more apropos here anyway.
-There needs to be a crazy large number of weapons, including use of non-weapon objects as improvised weapons
-Dismemberment should be modeled at least as extensively as in Postal 2 or Fallout New Vegas. Preferably moreso, like limb and organ damage in Dwarf Fortress.
-Lots of weird theme levels and weird mice subtypes. Elemental mice, mermice, robo-mice. There's a lot of more normally themed levels too though.
-Procedural level generator in addition to prefab levels.

I wonder how much it would cost to have this game made. Maybe I could do a kickstarter.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: March 10, 2015, 04:28:06 am »

Something like Poker Night at the Inventory, but with Sterling Archer and/or Deadpool.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

blazing glory

« Reply #5036 on: March 10, 2015, 05:12:07 am »

Something WWII and unique, every game that has to do with WWII is either a shooter, an online shooter, a strategy game, or the occasional game about airplanes.

Just in a WWII sort of mood today.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: March 10, 2015, 05:24:13 am »

Submarine simulations?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: March 10, 2015, 05:27:07 am »

Submarine simulations?
Not Steel Diver presumably?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: March 10, 2015, 05:31:25 am »

Silent Hunter. I needed to load up Steam to remember the name...

I've only played the 3rd one, but it's pretty cool. You're a German U-boat Captain in WWII, and you can change the level of simulation so it can be a fairly casual thing (find a ship, shoot it) to ultra-hardcore (find a ship, figure out ships bearing speed and angle, do math, shoot it, most likely miss and (depending on which year or what you were trying to shoot) spend the next 15 minutes dodging depth charges)

It's got a dynamic campaign with tech that unlocks over the course of the war, on both sides. It's comparitively easy to do stuff in the early war, but getting toward the end it's... challenging.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 577