Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955447 times)

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4275 on: July 31, 2014, 02:32:34 pm »

I should grab some hardware upgrades before it comes out, this HD5870 isn't really cutting it anymore
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: July 31, 2014, 03:12:45 pm »

SAO, plus logout button.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: July 31, 2014, 05:14:35 pm »

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: July 31, 2014, 06:59:26 pm »

The World, sans logout button.  NOW.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: July 31, 2014, 07:07:37 pm »

I'd like there to be a game about Firefly, but online, like, an online Firefly game. I would call it... Firefly On-The-Interwebs.

I would totally play the hell out of that game for a week or something then play something else.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: July 31, 2014, 07:18:10 pm »

I'd like there to be a game about Firefly, but online, like, an online Firefly game. I would call it... Firefly On-The-Interwebs.

I would totally play the hell out of that game for a week or something then play something else.
I have an even better name.  I would call it...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

bgraves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: July 31, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

There's a book by Cory Doctorow called For The Win, a novel set in the near future about the fight for the right of online game "gold farmers" to form a union. One of the games in this near future world is called "Zombie Mecha". It's an open world MMO where everyone has an awesome mech suit, and it's a zombie apocalypse. The two warring factions of the game face off in the open world, and while zombies are not a threat to the giant robots usually, when they become damaged in a fight, the zombies start to become much more threatening. One part of the story describes a character shooting the cockpit of an enemy mecha so that the zombies crawl inside and eat the pilot. It sounded amazing.

Also, I'd like a game where you can play as a necromancer and attempt to dominate the world. Not in one of those "Infect 'em all!" arcade style games, but in a more epic and strategic sense, with upgrade trees that change the nature of your zombies. Maybe your zombies are just as intelligent as they were when they were alive, but you have to be there in person to revive them. Maybe your zombies act like they usually do in fiction, being very stupid and slow, but super virulent (bites infect) and hard to kill (headshots only), and as a drawback they'd be hard to control. Maybe your zombies try to revolt! Maybe someone else discovers how to reanimate things and fights against you! Maybe a government tries to hire you to use your zombies against their enemies! Procedurally generated elements would make it infinitely replayable, and an upgrade tree that offered variety and options that were drastically different from one another would allow for games to be very much player driven.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: July 31, 2014, 08:19:08 pm »

I have an even better name.  I would call it...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, that's a surprise! For some reason my google search for "multiplayer game about a tv show named after a luminous insect" didn't come up with any results...  :P

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: July 31, 2014, 09:23:45 pm »

A multiplayer FPS based in the vein of strategic and stealth games.

Something with character/class/loadout setup as in-depth as a Dungeons and Dragons sheet, potentially even deeper. The field is level- everyone gets so many points, so many skills, all to spend on trying to make the perfect soldier. Everything can be changed in some way- how long you can sprint or how much faster sprinting makes you, for one small instance. Things do tie together- being smaller than average gives you less overall health and ability to use certain weapons, but increases speed and in some cases, stealth.

Now that you've got your physical character- sans armor, equipment, training, and weapons, mind you- it's time to set up for the different game modes. Some are simple enough- normal team deathmatches, etc. but there are specific modes that take advantage of complex character creation.

Legacy Mode- This is a co-op mode where completing objectives nets points to spend in character creation, effectively working as a campaign with the chance to level up a character.

Legacy Battle- Two Legacy teams face each other, and depending on their performances, can level up and get more points. This can also be done as a tournament setting, where everyone connects to the same lobby and forms their teams, players not actively fighting able to spectate or change non-concrete things about their character.

Fast Track Brawl- Similar to Legacy, however, a character follows a pre-made track from Lv.1 to a higher level, usually 20 or 40, gaining a level for every kill or every 2 past the half-way mark. Fitting the Legacy mode into a much shorter game.

Lucky Dip- Before the match starts, everything past basic character creation is randomized. Two variants- one that chooses things semilogically in an order (chooses things dependent on what is rolled) or 100% random (stealth class with an LMG, anyone?)

---
If you're playing in a normal match, the next thing you'll do is choose what training you have. Using a given amount of "hours", you can purchase perk-like abilities for your character. Some have prerequisites- LMG handling might require a certain amount of strength, for instance. Once you've expended all of your Hours, you then get to start choosing equipment, armor, and weapons.

You'll be buying these items from a Budget. Some weapons are better than others, and they'll cost more. You can take the best weapon you can afford, if you feel like that's all you'll need- or you can take less powerful guns for more equipment, allowing for better versatility.

Let's assume that we've built a smaller, lighter, dexterity-centric character. Through training hours, we've created a soldier who is made for stealth and infiltration- taking skills to remain silent firstly, and following up with breaching and parkour talents. As far as weapons are involved, we'll be taking a weapons-light approach- only one, a Machine Pistol.

A silenced MP9 isn't going to cost us too much as far as budget goes- which is good, because we're going to be spending a lot of cash on better armor, taking a normal armor class and filling every mod slot with sound-dampening material (3 slots, so each one reduces sound by 33%. If you're still in hearing radius, the knife is already in your back). That's most of our money- at least half on armor alone.

Lastly, we do have enough cash for some equipment, though not enough to get anything really fancy. We'll settle with three less-than-lethal breaching charges, simply because we get three of them in one slot, instead of one or two. (High-Explosive and normal, respectively)

---

While in-depth, I now have a character based entirely around subterfuge in a somewhat classic sense. Getting around the map better than anyone else and doing it silently, while spending money on armor to stay alive in a firefight. Hopefully I won't need it- the best-case scenario would be playing away from a team, clearing hallways and checking windowed rooms for enemy presence while I'd play along the ledges, ready to break in through the window and cause havoc as soon as the front door is blown off.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: August 01, 2014, 04:53:10 am »

There's a book by Cory Doctorow called For The Win, a novel set in the near future about the fight for the right of online game "gold farmers" to form a union. One of the games in this near future world is called "Zombie Mecha". It's an open world MMO where everyone has an awesome mech suit, and it's a zombie apocalypse. The two warring factions of the game face off in the open world, and while zombies are not a threat to the giant robots usually, when they become damaged in a fight, the zombies start to become much more threatening. One part of the story describes a character shooting the cockpit of an enemy mecha so that the zombies crawl inside and eat the pilot. It sounded amazing.

If you can shoot the pilot's cockpit to the extent that you can break it for fleshy things to crawl in (or weaken it enough for weak fleshy things to bust in), why not just shoot the pilot? Rule of Cool I guess.

Also, I'd like a game where you can play as a necromancer and attempt to dominate the world. Not in one of those "Infect 'em all!" arcade style games, but in a more epic and strategic sense, with upgrade trees that change the nature of your zombies. Maybe your zombies are just as intelligent as they were when they were alive, but you have to be there in person to revive them. Maybe your zombies act like they usually do in fiction, being very stupid and slow, but super virulent (bites infect) and hard to kill (headshots only), and as a drawback they'd be hard to control. Maybe your zombies try to revolt! Maybe someone else discovers how to reanimate things and fights against you! Maybe a government tries to hire you to use your zombies against their enemies! Procedurally generated elements would make it infinitely replayable, and an upgrade tree that offered variety and options that were drastically different from one another would allow for games to be very much player driven.

There is Nekro in development on Steam, which I have been watching. It's more of an ARPG with strategy elements than RTS. Also, clearly set in fantasy and graphics are very much animated and exaggerated rather than realistic. Probably not quite what you're looking for.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:55:21 am by Niveras »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: August 01, 2014, 07:37:17 am »

*sigh* My game. Finding time and motivation to work on it at the same time is hard nowadays.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: August 01, 2014, 03:14:17 pm »

My idea for the perfect game would be a reverse Dwarf Fortress. Basicly the computer plays the role of the fortress designer and you play the role of a specific dwarf.

How it would work is the AI would generate jobs, just like in DF,  and you can accept them. When you start off you may only be able to accept hauling jobs, but as you complete jobs you get XP which you can spend on skills like stonemasonary or lumberjacking.

it would be quite sandboxy so you create your own goals. For example you may want to become the best farmer, or you may want to get the best stone mason jobs, or even join the military. you dont even have to accept any jobs at all you could become an uber social dwarf if you wanted.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: August 01, 2014, 05:05:04 pm »

Would mental effects be imposed upon you? Should you suffer penalties when your husband dies in your arms, immediately followed by your baby dying when your arms are lopped off? Or would it be up to the player to determine the implications of such events?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: August 01, 2014, 08:09:52 pm »

yeah why not. if you wanted to have a character who was highly social, then these things should drain your social stats, but if you wanted to min max your profession stats then you could do some shitty hauling jobs to offset it.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: August 02, 2014, 01:25:43 pm »

Look up The Escapists Game. It's prison architect...With you as the prisoner. And it looks freaking amazing, considering some people got early copies, and made a lets play of it. It might be what you're looking for. No freakin' idea when it comes out.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 577