Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955260 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3645 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:34 pm »

An open-source ripoff of Pokemon, where making new mons is be handled in a relatively easy language (maybe a small-scale one built just for making mons in the game?). That way, the really dedicated contributors can make the underlying game better while everybody gets to have fun and submit mons for possible addition to the next big update.

Oh, and Nintendo won't crush the project into oblivion. While I'm wishing I would like a hot pink Lamborghini and a million billion dollars.

A game where spikes heal you and powerups hurt you, etc. etc.

I got the idea after reading a walkthrough for LoZ:WW.

A lot of the low-budget and freeware IWBTG clones already have this.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3646 on: February 18, 2014, 10:14:22 pm »

An open-source ripoff of Pokemon, where making new mons is be handled in a relatively easy language (maybe a small-scale one built just for making mons in the game?). That way, the really dedicated contributors can make the underlying game better while everybody gets to have fun and submit mons for possible addition to the next big update.

Oh, and Nintendo won't crush the project into oblivion. While I'm wishing I would like a hot pink Lamborghini and a million billion dollars.

Mon are procedurally generated and tied to their home region, as is the world. With gene splicers, you can even combine separate mons, but the main way you customize them is through training.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: February 18, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »

I should've known.

Ah well.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:19 pm »

So, yahtzee finally reviewed Dark Souls. And in the text at the end, I see this:

"I would like to suggest an entirely underwater sequel called 'Shark Souls'"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: February 20, 2014, 02:47:37 pm »

So, yahtzee finally reviewed Dark Souls. And in the text at the end, I see this:

"I would like to suggest an entirely underwater sequel called 'Shark Souls'"

Lol, that game would be ridiculous!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: February 20, 2014, 05:13:17 pm »

Will it be a blatant reskin of the original game that turns the difficulty up to even more ridiculous levels?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: February 20, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »

Dark souls with a third dimension of movement.

Difficulty: average energy output of 1000 neutron stars/10
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: February 20, 2014, 07:56:36 pm »

... so the average energy output of 100 neutron stars?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: February 26, 2014, 01:08:33 am »

A game in which there are two separate but interconnected layers of gameplay.

In the first, people are trying to complete a series of non-violent, not-mutually exclusive objectives within the time limit.  They aren't competing with each other, they're just running around the map doing stuff.  These are the civilians.  The second layer is two teams playing a standard FPS deathmatch, with an exception: all of them are penalized for killing civilians.  Some roles could have objectives that cross over, for example a doctor character who is supposed to treat all wounded on either side.

An example of one way this could go:
The map is a city street that contains eight houses, a police station, a bank, a hospital and a gun store.  There are 8 civilians, 4 policemen, and 4 hardcore criminals.  On the civilian layer, most players are ordinary civilians with one being the doctor and a third of the remainder being petty criminals.  There are two shifts. Each civilian will spend one shift working at one of the three stores, and another completing an objective: either going to one of the stores and receiving a service if they are a law abiding citizen, or robbing a building if they are a petty criminal.  If they work at a place they are responsible for grabbing things and giving them to people if they bought them, but also being alert to petty criminals trying to steal or fool them out of money/guns/painkillers.  All citizens can call 911 to call a doctor or report crimes in progress (including the appearance of the criminal); petty criminals can spend a few seconds lockpicking doors but don't have guns unless they steal them from the gun store.

Cops start with body armor and a pistol, as well as their choice of a taser, baton, or shotgun.  They can arrest anyone if they get close enough, and they are informed whenever a crime is reported.  Career criminals are usually bank robbers who have pistols, but they can also be junkies who have knives.  Robbers want to break into the bank vault, junkies want to break into the hospital and steal painkillers.  Both objectives take some time, but the criminals can take hostages to encourage the police to leave them alone.

If there are less people buildings and roles get subtracted in order of importance.  Rounds are reasonably fast (no more than ten minutes certainly).  At the end everyone is scored; civilians and robbers get points for completing objectives, police get points for every crime stopped and criminal arrested, everyone gets less points for killing people (depending on their role and who they killed), anyone who lives gets points, and police are penalized for all crimes that happened (more if they were unpunished).  Everyone on the side of the law gets points if they report a crime/injury and more if it was successfully dealt with by the appropriate service.  Everyone working at a building gets penalized if it is robbed during their shift, everyone gets penalized if their house gets robbed.  There is some system in place to make people want points.

Probably too complicated and massively vulnerable to abuse.  Plus it would be hurt a lot if people didn't voice chat.  Still I think it could work.  The idea behind that scenario is that civilians might have a boring day, but they might also get caught up in a crime/shooting based medical emergency and have to deal with that.  You could get emergent stuff like police asking civilians where a criminal went, or a hostage in a bank robbery getting shot in the legs trying to escape and the doctor has to get inside to treat them.  Also it would be an FPS where people have to be careful who they shoot.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: February 26, 2014, 03:59:01 am »

Blacksmith Simulator
A game where you're a blacksmith and have to forge swords etc. with Surgeon Simulator-like controls.
Bonus points for being set in Japan and the inclusion of this.

The material you're forging stuff out of actually changes shape depending on where and how hard you hit it, which ultimately means that you can make stuff that's not even reminescent of actual weapons of the era (since it'd be a medieval game, I presume).

And then you could possibly fight people using your stuff-that's-meant-to-look-like-weapons with a realistic combat system to boot.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:57:21 am by DarkDXZ »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: February 26, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »

Bonus points for being set in Japan
So you're saying the game should give you shit materials to work with.

This argument is far too overdue. There hasn't been one is something like six months.[/i]
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: February 26, 2014, 06:57:54 pm »

Not sure if I've posted this already, but : Dungeon Keeper-esque gameplay, however, in the setting of Castlevania. You are Dracula, and you have to build / summon a "Castle" that will spawn monsters that will keep angry peasants, the church, and eventually, the Belmonts out. Room designation is simple - all rooms are initially empty areas of any shape and size, and placing contents in the rooms alters what they do. I.e, putting a few paintings, some red carpet, some stairs, and some candlesticks in a regular shaped room will create a hall that self - populated with Axe Armours, Bats, and Skeletons (+ maybe boomerang skeletons and spear guards if detailed enough.) Making a room with stained glass windows and altars will cause Valkyries, Faeries, and Amalric Archers to spawn, etc.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3657 on: February 26, 2014, 07:57:03 pm »

Bonus points for being set in Japan
So you're saying the game should give you shit materials to work with.

This argument is far too overdue. There hasn't been one is something like six months.[/i]
What?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: February 26, 2014, 08:03:01 pm »

Not sure if I've posted this already, but : Dungeon Keeper-esque gameplay, however, in the setting of Castlevania. You are Dracula, and you have to build / summon a "Castle" that will spawn monsters that will keep angry peasants, the church, and eventually, the Belmonts out. Room designation is simple - all rooms are initially empty areas of any shape and size, and placing contents in the rooms alters what they do. I.e, putting a few paintings, some red carpet, some stairs, and some candlesticks in a regular shaped room will create a hall that self - populated with Axe Armours, Bats, and Skeletons (+ maybe boomerang skeletons and spear guards if detailed enough.) Making a room with stained glass windows and altars will cause Valkyries, Faeries, and Amalric Archers to spawn, etc.
[/quote

That sounds really fun!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: February 27, 2014, 12:23:14 am »

I think it was a comment on the lack of good-quality iron ore in ancient Japan, forcing rather long and overcomplicated steelmaking processes and hurting the ability to make decent heavy weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 577