Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956393 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2625 on: July 08, 2013, 02:53:02 pm »

I think that corneroids was planned to expand to that level, but then development mysteriously stopped.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2626 on: July 08, 2013, 03:10:01 pm »

Neat, also looking for general miencraft esque space games that isn't where you basically get owned by pirates *looks at star-made* have to repeatedly dig for various materials that take friggin forever to find/ tedious to mine * looks at corneroids* and you can land at planets, and has A neat building system, and you can just simply buy A premade ship for A certain amount of credits, or build your own, depending on how you feel that day.
It CAN cost A bit of money, I dont have any right now, but preferably it can be free :)
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

vladris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:21 pm »

More sports game and also more adventure games.In the last time they become rare.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 08, 2013, 06:01:54 pm »

Neat, also looking for general miencraft esque space games that isn't where you basically get owned by pirates *looks at star-made* have to repeatedly dig for various materials that take friggin forever to find/ tedious to mine * looks at corneroids* and you can land at planets, and has A neat building system, and you can just simply buy A premade ship for A certain amount of credits, or build your own, depending on how you feel that day.
It CAN cost A bit of money, I dont have any right now, but preferably it can be free :)
I think that corneroids kind of planned on getting to those stages, by having shipbuilding and automation and such. But as I said, the developer gave up or lost motivation or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2629 on: July 08, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »

Mm Neat, Anyways, do you know any general spess Block Games that are out right now?  :P in alpha /beta ETC

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 08, 2013, 10:18:37 pm »

Blockade Runner.
Development seems very slow but fairly steady.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: July 09, 2013, 02:57:31 am »

I just have had an idea that will probably sound crazy.

A 4x space TBS game... with magic.
There will be 2 vastly different kinds of races in that game. The first kind is your typical scientific civilizations, like in countless other 4x games. The other one is the magic using ones, with completely different tech tree, units, methods of space transportation and so on. Maybe some technologies will have requirements both from scientific and magical trees, so there is a reason to trade with races from the opposite camp. But there can also be repercussions for that, like high magic making technology fail and inverse.

Just think of the possibilities. Space paladins using magical artifacts vs space dreadnoughts with mass drivers and Class V shields.
._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: July 09, 2013, 01:20:19 pm »

I want:

A new F-Zero game.
On the PC (possibly).
With an expanded version of the craft creator from GX.
And the addition of a track editor.

Who's with me?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 09, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »

@ Sergarr:

There's plenty of space games where people use some kind of magic that they just call something else. Psionics, The Force, Symbology, Human Potential, the list goes on.

Few have massive space stuff that looks more like magic than tech, though. I'm imagining some kind of oceangoing vessel levitated through space by an onboard wizard, puny in firepower compared to the mass-driving dreadnought but the wizard can warp people aboard the other ship and summon demons inside.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 09, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »

Sound a lot like spelljammer setting, which is all kind of awesome. Starships powered by giant hamsters running in wheels is the greatest concept ever devised.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 09, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »

Needs to be done.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2636 on: July 09, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »

Already played Starmade!, and mentioned it before, Ill try out blockade runner :D

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 09, 2013, 05:56:24 pm »

@ HugoLuman

Well, I also want Wizardry 9. And Might and magic RTS/RPG.
._.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 10, 2013, 12:18:05 am »

A Roman war/ strategy/ interpersonal sim game. Concept: you are a legate in charge of a Roman legion. You must see to the loyalty, training, and discipline of your troops, and handle your officers. Hire mercenaries, loot provinces. Juggle a variety of people with their own predilections and biases, CKII-style, more or less. Promote valiant soldiers from within your ranks and give them assignments. Punish the weak and disloyal. And direct your legion in combat! However, you don't call the shots – it is up to the Senate/ Emperor to determine when and where you are deployed. Your goal is either a comfortable and prestigious retirement or a glorious death. After all, you're not the one who gets to decide if you wind up supervising a Gallic conquest or deathmarching through the heart of Parthia.

Your orders would be procedurally generated and not strictly historical.

You can choose a career from any period between the Republic around 250 BC to the late Empire up to 450 AD, with appropriate changes in organization, equipment, manpower, targets, etc.

Just don't get decimated!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 10, 2013, 12:26:00 am »

A Roman war/ strategy/ interpersonal sim game. Concept: you are a legate in charge of a Roman legion. You must see to the loyalty, training, and discipline of your troops, and handle your officers. Hire mercenaries, loot provinces. Juggle a variety of people with their own predilections and biases, CKII-style, more or less. Promote valiant soldiers from within your ranks and give them assignments. Punish the weak and disloyal. And direct your legion in combat! However, you don't call the shots – it is up to the Senate/ Emperor to determine when and where you are deployed. Your goal is either a comfortable and prestigious retirement or a glorious death. After all, you're not the one who gets to decide if you wind up supervising a Gallic conquest or deathmarching through the heart of Parthia.

Your orders would be procedurally generated and not strictly historical.

You can choose a career from any period between the Republic around 250 BC to the late Empire up to 450 AD, with appropriate changes in organization, equipment, manpower, targets, etc.

Just don't get decimated!

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN RIGHT NOW.

Ahem.

This needs to be a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 577