Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 954590 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2220 on: May 01, 2013, 01:50:57 pm »

Also, I BADLY want a game where you play as tin soldiers/something else in an enormous house (think all those rats maps in TF2, CS etc.)
Toy Story was nowhere near good enough.

I mean, of all things, it's the most plausible "large-scale" game design I wanted so far - since you won't make an Internet Explorers game or a Dwarf City, but such a game would be perfectly possible.

Fighting with little toy guns, flying on RC airplanes, trying to scale down the staircase...Or fending off cats. GOD, THE CATS!

There's an amazing game (well back then it was amazing, not sure how it holds up) called Toy Commander for the dreamcast.

You complete various missions using RC vehicles such as helicopters, planes, cars, trucks, and tanks. (I think there are some crazy ones too) Each mission takes place in a different room in the house and there's also multiplayer which i sunk all my time into. It's only TDM from what I can remember but depending on the vehicle type you can go into different areas like mouse holes as a car and up chimneys and vents as planes/helicopters. Ah the memories.

P.S. All the weapons were also house hold items like a pencil launcher (rockets) and eraser bombs (mortar-ish)

Only problem - it's for Dreamcast.
...*Sad panda*.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: May 01, 2013, 08:52:36 pm »

Man, Toy Commander is awesome!!!

But anyway, I just had an awesome idea for a game. Basically it would be turning Nitronic Rush into a roguelike-like. Randomly generated tracks that increase in difficulty and random power-up and things to upgrade your car and you just see how long you can last. I freaking love Nitronic Rush but there are only so many levels. I can barely make through the hardcore levels but the community levels are almost impossible. But I think a racing game like that could be turned into a roguelike-like but level design would probably need a genius to make.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:49 pm »

A game on a flat field, where two gigantic armies would rush right at one another, in big rectangular lines. Each unit is the same, and there's nothing different but a selection of weapons. You'd be one guy, in third person. Sword fights, also multiplayer. One big server that could handle everyone, with a number of computer guys. Each team would have a set number of respawns, a few thousand.
Pretty much, Mount And Blade at a larger scale, without all that strategy, army building, and non-fighting stuff. Also, to add to my impossible thought, it would run very well on every single type of computer, including mine.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2223 on: May 01, 2013, 09:20:43 pm »

A game on a flat field, where two gigantic armies would rush right at one another, in big rectangular lines. Each unit is the same, and there's nothing different but a selection of weapons. You'd be one guy, in third person. Sword fights, also multiplayer. One big server that could handle everyone, with a number of computer guys. Each team would have a set number of respawns, a few thousand.
Pretty much, Mount And Blade at a larger scale, without all that strategy, army building, and non-fighting stuff. Also, to add to my impossible thought, it would run very well on every single type of computer, including mine.
No respawn limit. Eternal war FTW.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:20 pm »

A 3D first person multiplayer (co-op not mmo) Cataclysm DDA (Mainly 3D fps to make multiplayer easier to achieve so to speak???)

Edit: Not DayZ
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:27:39 pm by Gruntdonttoot »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 02, 2013, 01:38:31 am »

Multiplayer on M&B is already pretty much like this, minus the respawning. There are mods to increase size of multiplayer battles to the thousands, though such battles will never, ever be optimized for lower end machines  :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 02, 2013, 06:43:07 am »

Here's an idea I had rattling away in my mind for a while.

A Wizardry-esque RPG set in the 1960s or modern day with a large dose of supernatural/Lovecraftian horror.

You would play a team of paranormal investigators of varying professions/classes, and you are hired to investigate a series of strange occurrences all over town. Many of the town's buildings have become warped by the chaotic magic of Elder gods trying to invade our world, resulting in (often) procedurally generated dungeon mazes infested with abnormal horrors.
Your goal would be to complete each dungeon to 'cleanse' the building, collecting components to upgrade and modify your investigator's equipment and discover new items through research, all while trying to discover who is trying to summon the Elder gods and stopping them.
Your characters would start off weak, and not only is death permanent, but their mental health is a concern as well, as while wounds of the flesh can be healed, the constant mental scarring could take its toll in the long run, resulting in one of your investigators going insane and attacking the others mid-fight.
Other perils could be present, as for example trapped containers and levers could prove to be very dangerous, and the shifting nature of the mazes themselves could prove to be dangerous as well as certain walls could shift whenever you're not looking, throwing you for a loop as a corridor to another room suddenly becomes a dead end, and a passage appears where once there wasn't one.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 02, 2013, 08:28:54 am »

Some sort of an RPG set in a world based on DragonForce's songs. (Fields of Despair, Valley of the Damned, Soldiers of the Wasteland etc.)
Because why the hell not.

Heck, I even (probably without permission) used the Fields of Despair here, but it's hardly related.

The closest I could get is probably Brutal Legend or something.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 02, 2013, 03:26:32 pm »

I want a groundhog day type of game where you have 24 hours to fix, or cause, as many problems as possible, and have it being that their is more than one way to stop a problem, boys going to get hit by a car, play football with him in the nearby field instead, or just knock down a tree in the cars path, but that could cause someone to be late, so you have to find out the best ways to do things.

Also it must be sandbox.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 02, 2013, 09:06:08 pm »

An RPG game where it looks like you're playing a tabletop RPG. For cutscenes, you might have slideshows of miniatures moving around a gameboard to narration. Whenever a die roll takes place, you see a die rolling on the playing area and settling on a number. A behind-the-scenes DM picks from many available choices at random plot junctures, with the ability to cope with unexpected situations a la Deus Ex. Even the starting area can be different, meaning you won't have to suffer through the same tutorial level over and over to see all the plot branches.

Spending some GP to bring food to game night has a chance of fudging the DM's secret rolls in your favor. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2230 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:14 pm »

An RPG game where it looks like you're playing a tabletop RPG. For cutscenes, you might have slideshows of miniatures moving around a gameboard to narration. Whenever a die roll takes place, you see a die rolling on the playing area and settling on a number. A behind-the-scenes DM picks from many available choices at random plot junctures, with the ability to cope with unexpected situations a la Deus Ex. Even the starting area can be different, meaning you won't have to suffer through the same tutorial level over and over to see all the plot branches.

Spending some GP to bring food to game night has a chance of fudging the DM's secret rolls in your favor. :P
I played a game online where you're "actually playing a board game." As in you had to set up the board, clicking the individual pieces and cards, interpreting and enforcing the rules yourself (lots of arguing), plus you could flip out and start throwing stuff when stuff doesn't go your way, etc. etc. It was too small to be fun for very long though, plus at any time any of the players can click the RESET button and put all the pieces back in their original places. Trolls would drop in to people's games, click RESET, watch the rage, then leave, but thats what friends, Skype, and a private match are for. :P

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 02, 2013, 09:45:46 pm »

I played a game online where you're "actually playing a board game." As in you had to set up the board, clicking the individual pieces and cards, interpreting and enforcing the rules yourself (lots of arguing), plus you could flip out and start throwing stuff when stuff doesn't go your way, etc. etc. It was too small to be fun for very long though, plus at any time any of the players can click the RESET button and put all the pieces back in their original places. Trolls would drop in to people's games, click RESET, watch the rage, then leave, but thats what friends, Skype, and a private match are for. :P
"Hello, I am Nonchalant Guard"
"Greetings, Nonchalant Guard. I am Lonely Birdman. There are some Furious Runes over there."
"I'm spinning out of control."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:09 pm »

Desparate Gods?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 03, 2013, 08:46:29 am »

I want a groundhog day type of game where you have 24 hours to fix, or cause, as many problems as possible, and have it being that their is more than one way to stop a problem, boys going to get hit by a car, play football with him in the nearby field instead, or just knock down a tree in the cars path, but that could cause someone to be late, so you have to find out the best ways to do things.

Also it must be sandbox.

Ever play Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask? It's not really sandbox, and most problems only have 1 or 2 solutions, but it's still a great game in my book. The world ends in 72 hours, and you have to do stuff piece by piece, resetting time before the end of the world, slowly piecing together the puzzle to save the world. There are a ton of sidequests too.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2234 on: May 03, 2013, 09:48:07 am »

Desparate Gods?
That's the one. I set up a thread for it here but it died.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 577