Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955378 times)

LibidoMax

• Bay Watcher
  • Noble in body and mind.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1350 on: November 04, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »

Okay, this is gonna be tough to explain. Rereading Watership Down makes me want a game that has something to do with being in a large, diverse, and mysterious world where any bastions of security and safety are far flung and the spaces in between are filled in with beautiful, yet deadly landscapes. It could be a strategy game where you lead a group of animals to create a new community, or an immersive rpg.

tldr; A game that makes you feel small, yet making a difference.
That which does not kill me...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 04, 2012, 05:26:58 pm »

Sounds sort like dwarf fortress only with you leading the dwarves to the embark point yourself instead of just magically appearing there. Hell, take it and make it so that before you even set out you just have one dwarf you're in control of who has to go out and recruit the other six from the population of the city, shop around for (or barter for, or steal) the supplies, and plot the course. If that doesn't make you feel small, well, I don't really know what will.
Nothing important here, move along.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 04, 2012, 05:27:42 pm »

A first person game where you start out modestly as a peasant in a medieval village, town, castle or city etc. One with life, a dynamic economy, other nations either warring or signing truces, conducting trade etc. Bandits and outlaws, a justice system. A perfect emulation and simulation of medieval life. And you can play any role you want with great depth. From farming to inspiring a revolution and overthrowing a king. Something with growing towns and places that are built by the people who live there and a dynamic population. The ability to expand technology or build your own kingdom. With the proper pacing for these kinds of events that take time, planning, luck, skill etc. Raise huge armies and march on enemies, lead small units. Be able to sneak through cities and steal valuables. And all of this as a first person game that you personally interact with. Not silly dialogue options with a static NPC and adhoc levels

But I also want it to look good, because silly though it may be I think graphics are important for immersion on some level. Sure, I can get immersed in DF with my imagination, but its not the same.
So someone making DF ~0.5's adventure mode but prettier?
I think we have a difference of opinion though, because in my opinion, with something as complex as this, immersion would be ruined by the frequent issues with animation/graphics that would doubtless pop up. Like in TeS where you're pretty into going through a dungeon, then you accidentally walk into a corpse and it gets stuck on something and starts flailing around with collision stuff. Kind of awkward when it's meant to be a consistent, sort-of-realistic world.
Well I am talking about a perfect world here where bugs never happen

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 05, 2012, 05:12:29 am »

A game wich in its base is Scrumbleships w/o bullshit and Tekkit levels of complexity, Blockade runner quality combat. A New Zero physics and graphics style. Newtonian motion and gravity.
On a higher level its like Star Ruler with EU III/HoI levels of strategy and difficulty.
Based on the stability of an organisation, players can attempt to break away from an organisation.
Realistic radio communication, realistic construction(weld shit together, scaffolding, etc)
AI citizens being quite dumb but still capable of rebelling, encouraging the use of robots wich require lots of maintenance.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 05, 2012, 05:19:30 am »

A first person game where you start out modestly as a peasant in a medieval village, town, castle or city etc. One with life, a dynamic economy, other nations either warring or signing truces, conducting trade etc. Bandits and outlaws, a justice system. A perfect emulation and simulation of medieval life. And you can play any role you want with great depth. From farming to inspiring a revolution and overthrowing a king. Something with growing towns and places that are built by the people who live there and a dynamic population. The ability to expand technology or build your own kingdom. With the proper pacing for these kinds of events that take time, planning, luck, skill etc. Raise huge armies and march on enemies, lead small units. Be able to sneak through cities and steal valuables. And all of this as a first person game that you personally interact with. Not silly dialogue options with a static NPC and adhoc levels

But I also want it to look good, because silly though it may be I think graphics are important for immersion on some level. Sure, I can get immersed in DF with my imagination, but its not the same.

This based on (as in: using the world of ) either real medieval history or A Song of Ice and Fire (preferably the first) would be my dream game.
Random world generation is fun, but breaks immersion too much.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:29:09 am by Dutchling »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 05, 2012, 06:51:27 am »

I want a roguelike where you play as a hunter. E.g. You get to play as a predatory creature that can stalk and kill it's prey, drag it back to it's den, etc. Kind of think Predator 1/2, or maybe just as a vampire. I just wanna get my hunt on.  :(

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 05, 2012, 11:49:15 am »

Firefly's "Stronghold", but set in the Colonial era with muskets and cannon.  The idea pounced upon me earlier today when I was playing some (poorly designed) Flash games.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 05, 2012, 11:50:36 am »

More games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7, 8 and 10...  well better ones at least.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 05, 2012, 01:59:52 pm »

I want a roguelike where you play as a hunter. E.g. You get to play as a predatory creature that can stalk and kill it's prey, drag it back to it's den, etc. Kind of think Predator 1/2, or maybe just as a vampire. I just wanna get my hunt on.  :(

Hmm. Well, you can pretty much do Unreal World this way. You're Human, but you don't have to play up that part if you don't want to. You can even find a nice cave to use as a Den!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 05, 2012, 06:57:27 pm »

Damnit, what I want is the Spore that we were promised when it was being developed.

Also, a game where it's our universe, but you have control over everything ever.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 05, 2012, 07:24:43 pm »

This exists, you know.

http://gruesomegames.com/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:26:27 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 06, 2012, 12:48:08 am »

Damnit, what I want is the Spore that we were promised when it was being developed.

Also, a game where it's our universe, but you have control over everything ever.
Let me make you sad by saying that the spore we were promised was actually being made and was actually coming out and it was actually good but EA said NO.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 06, 2012, 01:04:53 am »

So what does LCS stand for?

Cause a quick google search didn't find anything.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 06, 2012, 01:09:34 am »

Just a guess, but - Liberal Crime Squad.........
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 06, 2012, 02:23:07 am »

So what does LCS stand for?

Cause a quick google search didn't find anything.
Go here and be enlightened...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 577