Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955412 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1335 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:05 am »

I would like the 0x10c game but just totally open, maybe less emphasis on programming (but not removed) and more on logic gates like gmod. (Dont say Spacebuild, damnit!) and fully customizable everything. With an EVE-like economy maybe.

EDIT: You know what would be really awesome? Metro 2033 but open world, fully explorable labrythine of tunnels, fluctuating stations between the Nazis and Red line stations, but not RPG-ey, maybe a little survival, but still a shooter.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:56:28 am by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 02, 2012, 10:54:52 am »

A game i wish existed would be a game that simulated a larger city, that works completely independently of the player. With its seperate political, economic and such system.

So.  You want Subversion.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 02, 2012, 10:56:02 am »

A game i wish existed would be a game that simulated a larger city, that works completely independently of the player. With its seperate political, economic and such system.

So.  You want Subversion.
Everybody wants subversion. Even if they don't know what it is, you can assume that they want it and probably be right.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 02, 2012, 11:01:05 am »

Everybody wants subversion. Even if they don't know what it is, you can assume that they want it and probably be right.

Hehe.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 03, 2012, 08:36:04 am »

Wasent subversion cancelled?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:30 am »

Yes, it was. The designers couldn't make it work right, so they decided to turn it around and make you the guy who's stopping other people from abusing your system. And now they've got Prison Architect.
Nothing important here, move along.

dezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 03, 2012, 12:54:25 pm »

JK:III, Any kind of sword fighting game that had controls similar to JK :P

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:44 pm »

A multi player game that works like Sburb, but just on a computer. I would spend much less time bored out of my skull.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 03, 2012, 04:28:16 pm »

A stealth game where you play as a very large character.  Like maybe a giant version of catwoman (because clinging to ceilings in Arkham City was awesome).  Or there was this one parody intro to a (nonexistant) fantasy novel that had "night dragons" that could see perfectly in the dark, move silently and imitate human voices.  That could be fun to play as.

I know its a bizarrely specific idea to base a game around, but something about a massive creature sneaking by a bunch of comparatively tiny guards without any of them noticing just strikes me as hilarious and awesome.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 03, 2012, 08:35:35 pm »

I wish they Penny Arcade never stopped working on the games(On the rain slick precipice of darkness series)... I have both episodes, there really awesome, and I wish there was a sequel.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 03, 2012, 08:41:01 pm »

I wish they Penny Arcade never stopped working on the games(On the rain slick precipice of darkness series)... I have both episodes, there really awesome, and I wish there was a sequel.
There's episode three, though it switched genres.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 04, 2012, 01:48:05 am »

There's episode three, though it switched genres.
Its till an rpg.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 04, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

I'm currently interested in Battlefield 4: Dwarf King.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 04, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »

A first person game where you start out modestly as a peasant in a medieval village, town, castle or city etc. One with life, a dynamic economy, other nations either warring or signing truces, conducting trade etc. Bandits and outlaws, a justice system. A perfect emulation and simulation of medieval life. And you can play any role you want with great depth. From farming to inspiring a revolution and overthrowing a king. Something with growing towns and places that are built by the people who live there and a dynamic population. The ability to expand technology or build your own kingdom. With the proper pacing for these kinds of events that take time, planning, luck, skill etc. Raise huge armies and march on enemies, lead small units. Be able to sneak through cities and steal valuables. And all of this as a first person game that you personally interact with. Not silly dialogue options with a static NPC and adhoc levels

But I also want it to look good, because silly though it may be I think graphics are important for immersion on some level. Sure, I can get immersed in DF with my imagination, but its not the same.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:52:35 pm by zehive »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 04, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »

A first person game where you start out modestly as a peasant in a medieval village, town, castle or city etc. One with life, a dynamic economy, other nations either warring or signing truces, conducting trade etc. Bandits and outlaws, a justice system. A perfect emulation and simulation of medieval life. And you can play any role you want with great depth. From farming to inspiring a revolution and overthrowing a king. Something with growing towns and places that are built by the people who live there and a dynamic population. The ability to expand technology or build your own kingdom. With the proper pacing for these kinds of events that take time, planning, luck, skill etc. Raise huge armies and march on enemies, lead small units. Be able to sneak through cities and steal valuables. And all of this as a first person game that you personally interact with. Not silly dialogue options with a static NPC and adhoc levels

But I also want it to look good, because silly though it may be I think graphics are important for immersion on some level. Sure, I can get immersed in DF with my imagination, but its not the same.
So someone making DF ~0.5's adventure mode but prettier?
I think we have a difference of opinion though, because in my opinion, with something as complex as this, immersion would be ruined by the frequent issues with animation/graphics that would doubtless pop up. Like in TeS where you're pretty into going through a dungeon, then you accidentally walk into a corpse and it gets stuck on something and starts flailing around with collision stuff. Kind of awkward when it's meant to be a consistent, sort-of-realistic world.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 577