Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956577 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #990 on: June 05, 2012, 01:21:28 am »

I've been sucked entirely into Persona 3 lately, mainly because I'm trying to beat it before I have to leave again, and the whole system has really got me thinking of how to make A.I. controlled allies in battle useful and interesting. One thing that bugged me about that game was that whether you were a complete jerk outside of battle had no bearing on allies behavior in battle. So I'd like a game where actions you take, whether it's things like choosing whose advice you follow or who you use that last health-restoring-thingy on or just whether you say 'Hi' or 'Get to work' in the morning influence how your allies fight. So maybe if you're a big enough jerk to the healer, they'll 'forget' that you're low on health and instead give another of your allies a pointless powerup. Or maybe a particularly hot blooded character will ignore your orders to hang back and act as reinforcements unless you've been working on keeping him calm. It's important that it not just be a simple 'how much do I like you' meter, with them being more helpful or obedient the more they like you.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 05, 2012, 02:17:10 am »

I've been sucked entirely into Persona 3 lately, mainly because I'm trying to beat it before I have to leave again, and the whole system has really got me thinking of how to make A.I. controlled allies in battle useful and interesting. One thing that bugged me about that game was that whether you were a complete jerk outside of battle had no bearing on allies behavior in battle. So I'd like a game where actions you take, whether it's things like choosing whose advice you follow or who you use that last health-restoring-thingy on or just whether you say 'Hi' or 'Get to work' in the morning influence how your allies fight. So maybe if you're a big enough jerk to the healer, they'll 'forget' that you're low on health and instead give another of your allies a pointless powerup. Or maybe a particularly hot blooded character will ignore your orders to hang back and act as reinforcements unless you've been working on keeping him calm. It's important that it not just be a simple 'how much do I like you' meter, with them being more helpful or obedient the more they like you.

Star Ocean 2.

You want the game, Star Ocean 2.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 05, 2012, 11:00:55 am »

I wish there was a cyberpunk GTA-style game.

I'm not sure if this is a joke, or fortunate timing, but I'll treat it as serious, and point you to the just-announced Watch Dogs.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #993 on: June 05, 2012, 11:03:55 am »

Star Ocean 2.

You want the game, Star Ocean 2.

Everyone should play this anyway. One of the best PS RPGs, hands down.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 05, 2012, 11:11:10 am »

What I have been craving for a while is a Victorian era GTA style game based in London. Hijacking cabs, building a reputation, getting invited to the most scandalous parties. So many possibilities.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #995 on: June 05, 2012, 11:17:42 am »

Okay, a Victorian GTA would be awesome. Especially if your arch-nemesis was a Sherlock Holmes analogue.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 05, 2012, 11:52:22 am »

What I have been craving for a while is a Victorian era GTA style game based in London. Hijacking cabs, building a reputation, getting invited to the most scandalous parties. So many possibilities.

What about Berlin?  Would Berlin be ok?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 05, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »

What about Berlin?  Would Berlin be ok?
I love the designer of the FPS getting pelted with stuff in that video.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 05, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »

I love the designer of the FPS getting pelted with stuff in that video.

We all do, we all do...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 07, 2012, 04:19:07 pm »

A good, real remake of Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

I would give all my money to get nice 3d battles, textures, expanded research and diplomacy. Oooh, and if it could expand onto Original series too, and proper dates and timing on the game. *sigh*

For those who don't know: Master of Orion, Star Trek style.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 07, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

TBFPS - Turn based first person shooter. Multiplayer

You plan for x seconds (plan=look around for enemies, cover or whatever) and then you play for y seconds in the traditional FPS way. And then it's all planning again.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 07, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »

A game where you're just some (non-badass) norm being hunted by Assassins.

TBFPS - Turn based first person shooter. Multiplayer

You plan for x seconds (plan=look around for enemies, cover or whatever) and then you play for y seconds in the traditional FPS way. And then it's all planning again.

That would frustrate the hell out of me.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 07, 2012, 04:45:53 pm »

Sounds like Battlefield. Spend 10 minutes planning your attack and strolling across the terrain only to be shot by a sniper, respawning and then doing it all again.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 07, 2012, 04:46:17 pm »

Aurora, but with HoI3 ground combat, how awesome.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 07, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »

HoI?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 577