Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956843 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #855 on: May 08, 2012, 05:46:42 am »

A game with completely 100% accurate physics. It would be awesome.

It's called reality and it isn't all that great, but at least when you play your game you could have it run more fun games in itself.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:52 am »

It's called reality and it isn't all that great, but at least when you play your game you could have it run more fun games in itself.

Gameception is awesome.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:05 am »

The problem is, I can't pull off a bank heist in real life.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 08, 2012, 10:29:18 am »

A game realistically representing the City states of Greece, with all their warfare, economy, politics, etc.

Other than that, a game like say, the Total War games, but allows you to build, name, and develop a completely unique empire from scratch. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:13 am »

Monster Hunter with online is what i've always wanted. MH Frontier may just make my dreams come true  :D
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:33 pm »

Other than that, a game like say, the Total War games, but allows you to build, name, and develop a completely unique empire from scratch.
i've been designing\working for years, though mostly slacking, on a mod for warcraft 3 that does something like that. it's not as in depth as TW, but it's much deeper than wc3 itself

here's a brief summary of the finished game as i envision it

you'd start out as a city state belonging to one of four cultures, northern, inspired by celts and vikings, southern, inspired by egypt and medieval middle east, eastern, inspired by byzantium and ancient middle eastern cultures, like summeria and babylon, and west, inspired in rome and grece

battles themselves would be somewhat hands off and abstracted, it would be more focused in diplomacy and empire management than actual battles. you'd conquer cities, define and balance their production goals between farming, manufacture, military suport, infrastructure, trading and science. Each city could produce and trade unique luxury items and rare materials for bonuses in battle, production, and moralle, and to pamper your favourite nobles.

You would have to juggle your vassal noble houses, these would provide you with commanders and administrators of varying competences, that would have an internal diplomacy and hold grudges for each other, and you'd sometimes have to chose between appointing an incompetent administrator from a powerful noble house, or a competent administrator from a minor house and risk losing favor with the most powerful house in your capital city which is also the family your favorite comander belongs to

you'd chose the equipment and training of your troops too, you could arm a mob of peasants with spears instantly, or recruit an elite unit of spearmen heavily armored and trained in advanced formations, that would take years to train, cost more in maintenance, but bring honor and pride to the cities population, while the conscripted mob would create unrest in the city they were recruited and make your empire look worse in the eyes of your peers

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 08, 2012, 05:29:13 pm »

Monster Hunter with online is what i've always wanted. MH Frontier may just make my dreams come true  :D

Doesn't MH have online coop already?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 08, 2012, 06:45:24 pm »

Tri on the Wii did. The others? I'd have to guess no.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 08, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »

Tri on the Wii did. The others? I'd have to guess no.

I'm like 90% certain I played one of the PSP versions online.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 08, 2012, 07:21:24 pm »

With all this MH talk, I'll just throw my two cents in and say I wish they would make/release a MH game for the Vita (not counting the MHFU port ((Which I bought even though I owned it for PSP)) ).
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 08, 2012, 07:40:59 pm »

I wish JRPG would get the fuck over themselves, and modernize.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 08, 2012, 08:13:19 pm »

-Elder scrolls 20

-Physics heavy (like, better then any current game physics), realistic, and detailed MMO zombie apocalypse survival game.

-great old games fitted with modern graphics and UI, but no game play changes.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 08, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »

Changing the UI would probably change the gameplay.

Like, lets take a look at Civilization 3. Automatic Explore, is a small UI change but has a moderate impact on gameplay.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #868 on: May 09, 2012, 10:50:09 am »

Your character stands up in a trench as impenetrable fog flows away from you. You pick up a strange and mysterious tool and run through earthen trenches, every step lighter and faster than the one before. Soon you leap from the trench and are running through a ruined industrial wasteland. You encounter some dead men. Using your tool, you remove the lead pellets in the corpses and rejuvenate the fallen men. Your enemies stand up and start to breath. Soon they will get their own machines and go out and do the same to others. But before they can even see you, or thank you, you're gone. You travel through the ruined buildings and watch as a cloud of dust roils up and engulfs a pile of rubble. As quickly as it appeared, the cloud vanishes and a shining new building is where the rubble once was. The new building disgorges a rocket which flies up and over the horizon to some distant helicopter. You watch people emerge from the building and you tell your commanders of this over radio. You walk further and further on, until you find your comrades. They are sitting in ruined trucks, but as you come near, debris and smoke funnel into the hulks, searing with heat and energy as the vehicles reassemble themselves. The only things left when all is said and done are a few bland cardboard boxes. Later, young men will come take these boxes and disassemble them, putting the dangerous materials within to practical uses. You ride with your friends back to a fortified compound. Every wall bristles with machines which are occasionally used to restore the dead to life. You turn in your machine and board a plane. You fly in a plane and return home. You are trained to question orders, to shun violence. You callouses are worked away. You live.

There's an inverted CoD game.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 09, 2012, 10:52:06 am »

Your character stands up in a trench as impenetrable fog flows away from you. You pick up a strange and mysterious tool and run through earthen trenches, every step lighter and faster than the one before. Soon you leap from the trench and are running through a ruined industrial wasteland. You encounter some dead men. Using your tool, you remove the lead pellets in the corpses and rejuvenate the fallen men. Your enemies stand up and start to breath. Soon they will get their own machines and go out and do the same to others. But before they can even see you, or thank you, you're gone. You travel through the ruined buildings and watch as a cloud of dust roils up and engulfs a pile of rubble. As quickly as it appeared, the cloud vanishes and a shining new building is where the rubble once was. The new building disgorges a rocket which flies up and over the horizon to some distant helicopter. You watch people emerge from the building and you tell your commanders of this over radio. You walk further and further on, until you find your comrades. They are sitting in ruined trucks, but as you come near, debris and smoke funnel into the hulks, searing with heat and energy as the vehicles reassemble themselves. The only things left when all is said and done are a few bland cardboard boxes. Later, young men will come take these boxes and disassemble them, putting the dangerous materials within to practical uses. You ride with your friends back to a fortified compound. Every wall bristles with machines which are occasionally used to restore the dead to life. You turn in your machine and board a plane. You fly in a plane and return home. You are trained to question orders, to shun violence. You callouses are worked away. You live.

There's an inverted CoD game.
Whoa. That sounds..... haunting.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 577