Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957586 times)

dorothea23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • black jack
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #345 on: September 08, 2011, 02:35:53 pm »

I wish that to have a personalized game character and it would be me on the game. I'm sure that would be fun.
“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.”

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2011, 06:45:10 am »

I am currently drawing graphics for a 2d sidescrolling platoformy game where you wake in a big pile of irradiated sand, as a faceburnt mutant. You can then go east, into a dystopic industrial city where you must survive a rogue AI and a corrupt policeforce. It would be a sandboxy 2d innocent bystander slaughter game. YOu would do lots of stuff such as crafting, pooping, hacking limbs from corpses and making steaks etc. Spelunky in the dark future.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2011, 11:52:16 am »

You can then go east, into a dystopic industrial city

What about west?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2011, 12:15:12 pm »

I got nothing

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2011, 12:22:39 pm »

"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »

:D Thanks for reminding me I still need to build myself a CBG.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2011, 04:54:09 am »

http://games.adultswim.com/worst-game-ever-twitchy-online-game.html

Irrelevant question related to the random ad I got at the beginning of this.  Is "Axe" deodorant related to the Lynx stuff here in the UK?  They appear to use the same principle of advertising message ("makes someone(/thing) irresistible to women[1]) but with the twist of the (almost) pre-emptive attack on the dummy by the man, which I've not seen here in the UK.  (Where it's usually just the women going predatory or, in one version that looks more European, angels renouncing their angelicity.)

(It's just one example, and from Adult Swim, at that, but it seemed to me to be a most American attitude. :) )

[1] edit: More than this, of course, and the same design of can.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:04:27 am by Starver »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2011, 04:56:00 am »

A realistic warfare simulator, where you don't control your entire civ, you're just a general.  You must request funds and more troops from the civ leader, your boss, and they will reward and punish you depending on your successes and failures.  I imagine this to be like Julius Caesar's campaign in Gaul. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2011, 05:57:04 am »

You can then go east, into a dystopic industrial city

What about west?

Because west leads you into a horrible atomic desert of eldritch horrors that will eventually trigger a screamer that blows the minds out of the player.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2011, 08:37:41 am »

Off topic: Starver
Yes, they are the same company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_(grooming_product)

On topic:
I always wanted a game where one person is playing an RTS, whereas everyone else plays said units in an rts.

I know this exists (Savage or somethign like that?) but I'd rather seen it done better. I'm thinking something more like DOW, with squads and such. It'd require people to work together and actually listen to objectives and such, but I think it could work. I'd make it so that there is a strong reward for obeying objectives expediently, probably unlocks and stuff like that.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2011, 08:56:56 am »

a realtime, multiplayer version of URW, even better with a caveman or tribal theme

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2011, 12:09:07 pm »

HL˛ engined based, semi-rpg-ish, highly adjustable timetravler death match and objective based game.

The host of a Server can choose any kind of teams (like:)
a 18th century army fighting in line formation vs a small modern swat team
A untouched tribe from the jungle (bows, spear-throwers, archic weapons) vs a collection of wild animals vs a ww2 soldier.
High medival knights  vs Gordon Freeman vs the 4 musketeers vs a Pirate Crew

With a skill based system (you have X points to spend, do you choose: improved reloading, strong arm (more stone throwing reach for ye stoneman) or whatever else, based on the kind of character you play.
A money based equipment system (much ala warbands, with different damage types and penetrations)

in any mode (from  king of the hill, to "escape" (one team has to get to X, the others have to stop them or anything you can imagine)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2011, 05:00:00 pm »

Off topic: Starver
Yes, they are the same company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_(grooming_product)

On topic:
I always wanted a game where one person is playing an RTS, whereas everyone else plays said units in an rts.

I know this exists (Savage or somethign like that?) but I'd rather seen it done better. I'm thinking something more like DOW, with squads and such. It'd require people to work together and actually listen to objectives and such, but I think it could work. I'd make it so that there is a strong reward for obeying objectives expediently, probably unlocks and stuff like that.

Allegiance does that, and it's free. It's a space game though, movement up and down from the grid is allowed and even encouraged..

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2011, 05:43:22 pm »

Empires mod?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 577