Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957627 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7335 on: January 14, 2017, 11:10:53 pm »

I want a game where terrain destruction is a major factor for PVP. In Minecraft I have dream scenarios about blowing holes in fortresses, destroying bridges, etc. but in practice those opportunities are rare and usually there's a faster/cheaper alternative.

I want a game where you can level a building that your enemies are inside of. Or maybe you're inside that building and have to deal with fire, collapsed rooms, etc. Or maybe the battle's on a mountainside, and you can blast the ground out from under their feet.

Okay, I'd like a more specific version of this. One of my dreams is Red Faction: Guerrilla. Mostly multiplayer. No pickups, you make your classes a la Battlefield. The entire match takes place in a massive tower, one team spawns on the top floor the other team spawns on the bottom. Fight. Then rebuild the tower and switch spawns. Standard scoring. I mean a BIGASS tower though. Like some WTC1 shit.

i think he means things like:

-felling down parts of walls or making holes on them so people can enter
-make tunnels so soldiers can infiltrate behind enemy walls

stuff like that, not as much as rebuilding after destruction but making use of the destroyed terrain for combat tactics. and well the consecuences for the people that is placed in that structure at that moment.

i dont know if Medieval Engineers can count for that. is the first thing that comes to mind

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: January 15, 2017, 03:20:50 pm »

I want a game where terrain destruction is a major factor for PVP. In Minecraft I have dream scenarios about blowing holes in fortresses, destroying bridges, etc. but in practice those opportunities are rare and usually there's a faster/cheaper alternative.

I want a game where you can level a building that your enemies are inside of. Or maybe you're inside that building and have to deal with fire, collapsed rooms, etc. Or maybe the battle's on a mountainside, and you can blast the ground out from under their feet.

Okay, I'd like a more specific version of this. One of my dreams is Red Faction: Guerrilla. Mostly multiplayer. No pickups, you make your classes a la Battlefield. The entire match takes place in a massive tower, one team spawns on the top floor the other team spawns on the bottom. Fight. Then rebuild the tower and switch spawns. Standard scoring. I mean a BIGASS tower though. Like some WTC1 shit.
While that does sound potentially fun, couldn't the people at the bottom of the tower just level the whole thing?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: January 15, 2017, 04:54:35 pm »

Ya, i'm not sure... it was just always a fantasy of mine to have at least RF:G level of destruction in a shooter, and the multiplayer took place on the massive, tall maps. I think what might work would be this: Both teams spawn on the very top level and the objective is to blow up the enemy spawn point, every time you do that it moves down a level. The team who's spawn is higher at the end of the game wins? Idk, still not quite there--but it involve blowing up massive towers filled with players.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: January 15, 2017, 06:06:53 pm »

Some way to make Dead Rising an actual competitive multiplayer game would be interesting (Not like Terror is Reality or Super Dead Rising). Directly fighting other players like traditional PvP games, or maybe having some sort of zombie killing contest, with score based on PP gained through kills?

I don't know, just a thought.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: January 16, 2017, 05:02:19 pm »

Ya, i'm not sure... it was just always a fantasy of mine to have at least RF:G level of destruction in a shooter, and the multiplayer took place on the massive, tall maps. I think what might work would be this: Both teams spawn on the very top level and the objective is to blow up the enemy spawn point, every time you do that it moves down a level. The team who's spawn is higher at the end of the game wins? Idk, still not quite there--but it involve blowing up massive towers filled with players.
RF:G had multiplayer.  Not like, amazing multiplayer but it was totally functional.

Unfortunately like many mid level console titles from that generation it was doomed to have the MP community die off after a few months.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: January 16, 2017, 05:31:42 pm »

RF:G had multiplayer.  Not like, amazing multiplayer but it was totally functional.

Unfortunately like many mid level console titles from that generation it was doomed to have the MP community die off after a few months.

It was bad and the maps were shit. They really didn't take full advantage of how awesome RFGs destruction was. Some structures were designed nicely... but I'm talking about a map that is 100% destroyable--you run out of map at some point and it's round 2 lol.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: January 17, 2017, 01:32:27 am »

Try Rainbow Six Siege.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: January 17, 2017, 07:01:14 am »

The original Ace of Spades (now living on as Build and Shoot) was kinda sorta like this. My go-to description would be WWI minecraft with destructible blocks. Create bunkers, build bridges, blow up said structures with hand grenades, or see them worn down by weapons fire. it was fun while it lasted, but these days there aren't a whole lot of active servers, and those that are generally doesn't focus all that much on the building aspect (thus leaving nothing to be torn down). And the creator never did get around to make machine guns, mortars or other heavy weapons.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: January 21, 2017, 10:35:06 am »

wrong thread.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: January 23, 2017, 02:32:04 am »

I thought, you know what would be cool?  A MOBA (so like LoL) in which each item can only be bought once, and once its gone everyone else in the game has to buy less efficient or just different variants.

But then I actually thought about it and realized how incredibly toxic that game would be.  Add the toxicity of competing with your own teammates to get items, with the toxicity inherent to the genre... would not be a fun time.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: January 23, 2017, 02:40:49 am »

League already has enough ways to screw your teammates over, either intentionally or just by playing poorly.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7346 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:36 am »

Multiplayer squad-based RTS/RPG.

Each player has a squad of characters with RPG-style traits. These characters level up, have equipment, and even have personalities which might conflict. The players work collaboratively or competitively to fight battles, then at the conclusion of each fight, they return home and redistribute stats.

Characters have permadeath, although there are ways around that (recovering wounded, which might be part of a tactical retreat). Players replace losses by drawing from a shared pool of recruits, and they bid for contracts, so promising recruits can go dear.

The actual setting itself could be anything from a direct copy of xcom to an SCP-style MIB Squad thing to a group of knightly orders in a fantasy world. The important thing is, build your team, work with/against your buddies, and (thematic slogan thing goes here).
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: January 31, 2017, 04:49:20 pm »

That could work really well (it sounds awesome). Now you just need to learn game programming and you can be rich!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7348 on: January 31, 2017, 06:55:35 pm »

Yeah! That's why everyone who has ideas and knows game programming is rich!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: January 31, 2017, 07:05:23 pm »

The problem is that good ideas, good marketing ability, and programming skills seldom all reside in a single individual...

So long as someone has #1 and #3 they should be able to hire #2 once they have something worth selling (but it takes a heroic amount of (unpaid) work to get to that point).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 577