Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 957053 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #705 on: February 18, 2012, 11:10:39 am »

A dungeon crawler where I get to play as a robot and collect parts to customize myself.

It's funny because I wanted to do this game! It was going to be a platform like, somewhat inspired by Mojang's Cobalt.

But theres one very close to that, the name is K.O.L.M. and you can find it on Kongregate.

It's hardly going to qualify and I wouldn't bother looking for it, but this reminded me of an old Star Wars game called Droid Works. You played as a droid and your goal was to bypass puzzles using different locomotion, arm and head componants. Pretty neat for the time, but bare in mind that time was around 1998.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 18, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »

A dungeon crawler where I get to play as a robot and collect parts to customize myself.

It's funny because I wanted to do this game! It was going to be a platform like, somewhat inspired by Mojang's Cobalt.

But theres one very close to that, the name is K.O.L.M. and you can find it on Kongregate.
Scrap RL
You collect systems from other robots and use them to upgrade yourself.

Probably not exactly what yer looking for, but it's a fun game nonetheless.
*Hugs*

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 18, 2012, 01:49:10 pm »

World in Conflict 2.

This. Very much so.

I guess European Escalation or whatever it is should be as close as we will ever see.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 18, 2012, 01:59:38 pm »

Crusader Kings, but beginning at the at the beginning of time and ending at the end of time.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 18, 2012, 02:06:31 pm »

I've actually been discussing the possibility of making an SCP Foundation game with a few of the guys over there.  Keep an eye on this board and hopefully I'll have some good news to announce in the near future.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 18, 2012, 02:07:58 pm »

I had an idea for a Pokemon fighting game(as in, Street Fighter, etc). It might even be possible, if I could draw, and knew how to use/get ahold of MUGEN or something similar.

It'd be frickin' awesome just to watch Nidoking shoryuken Charizzard.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ebarstad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 18, 2012, 02:46:20 pm »

After playing JA:BiA, I'd really like an isometric SWAT or Rainbow 6 with similar mechanics, but with non-lethal takedowns, door stacking, and breach and clear tactics.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 18, 2012, 05:05:18 pm »

A men of war espue Warhammer 40K game
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 19, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

Game I wish existed:
An MMO that takes place on Well World.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 19, 2012, 10:41:24 pm »

Where you are the space Soviet Union and have to show the OoglyBlehs the superior way of communism with your Space Kremlin.
Hello Hunam

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #715 on: February 21, 2012, 12:25:05 pm »

A mod for ARMA specializing in modern naval combat. If you need a story, say that, I don't know, six aircraft carriers and associated vessels mutiny. As they are a larger force than most of the rest of the world combined, they easily take over... uh... Madagascar, which they use as a base. Naturally, the mutineers need to be brought to justice and so the remainders of the US armed forces move to respond.

Anyway, the idea is highly modern military forces fight in toe-to-toe naval battles, complete with air and marine forces.

The mechanical operation of these vessels is simulated with a great deal of detail. Individual sections have separate components and can be targeted independently. You can even try to land marines on a carrier and attack the leadership or critical components.

Since it would be built on ARMA, it would have the potential for first-person action, but the real meat of the game would be a tactical naval simulation. Maps would be primarily ocean, of course, with possibly a few semi-coastal or island-based maps.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

markwarden

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Embrace conflict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 23, 2012, 12:24:36 am »

My dream involves a procedurally-generated top down game with modest 2d graphics, multi-touch interface, and descriptive (but not taxing) animation and sound effects. Gameplay would be variable and dependent on editors I have ideas for, but several things are possible.

For example, one variation entails: a space opera game including a fully functional and dynamic ship that reacts to external forces (asteroids, incoming weapons fire, extreme radiation, gravitation, etc.), including all of the interdependent subsystems (propulsion, electricity, computer network/systems/communications, air filtration, water filtration, etc. etc.) and their accompanying crew. A sliding scale between current technological capabilities and futuristic capabilities essentially sets the difficulty level (earlier = more difficult), and mission complexity increases as you go back in time (the parameters for a mining mission or a rendezvous aren't as stringent if you have an AI autopilot, for example). Include random events in a deeper world - pirates, aliens, cannibals, etc. - include realistic emergent behaviors among all entities - sad astronauts, suicidal officers, heroic enlisted men, etc. - include an easy-to-use interface - on my Android tablet, say, one touch to see a menu on any single entity, and either drag for personal entity data or multitouch for commands.

Other possible ideas through the editor:

A realistic zombie sim, including herd and population movement, a simplified form of natural section to develop the breed (and increase difficulty) over time, allowing for a simple farming system for sustainable enclave-making, a simple mining/scrapping/salvaging system for tool-making, vehicle creation, trap-making or fortification.

A fully generated city under the control of an authoritarian regime, but you've got the keys and everything's destructible - break through doors, steal identities and impersonate citizens, infiltrate the upper echelons of the central power, or take over the black market and bombard the citizens with propaganda to gain supporters and start a rebellion.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 23, 2012, 01:58:25 am »

Crusader Kings, but beginning at the at the beginning of time and ending at the end of time.
Damn that Fedual System is versatile. Fuck democracy.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 23, 2012, 02:05:03 am »

How about Crusader Kings, except in space? Or Corporate Kings, Deus Ex style feudalism.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 07, 2012, 03:29:42 pm »

A SimCity-type game with built in massively multiplayer succession.

You get a town and this year's election issues.  Everyone plays a configurable 12 years of the game, then it "scores" the final results from each player.  The best score is what the city votes for... BUT, only a configurable 4 years get implemented.  Term limits!  You can never get everything done in just one term, but you need to show people that your plan can take them there, even after you're gone.

And of course there's hundreds of games at once.  Submit one city, play another; "votes" go through every RL day.  You might never come back to the same one twice, but your overall score is based on all your submissions and the times your plan was chosen.

Maybe it needs anti griefing measures to prevent people from screwing up the city just at year 4 then rebuilding, but sometimes that's a valid and necessary way to fix problems (like, if you need to lay a new highway but there's no room, tear down large chunks of downtown early in your plan).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:32:48 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 577