Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 954953 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6690 on: February 26, 2016, 05:57:41 am »

Multiplayer SUPERHOT

it is impossible

Toribash is very close though. Or technically it's more like QWOP, SUPERHOT and a fighting game smashed together.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: February 26, 2016, 05:58:09 am »

A cooperative game where time only goes by if at least one player is moving would be interesting, especially if standing still to get an overview and avoid incoming bullets or something would be necessary to not die. That would get harder the more players you add to it and really require lots of coordination.
Taste my Paci-Fist

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: February 26, 2016, 06:54:43 am »

I want Kerbal Space Program, but a competitive multiplayer experience. Multiple space centers on multiple planets can pull off difficult missions by working in tandem, but maybe you... "accidentally" end up docking with Duna's refueling satellite at 3km/s, exploding it and sending thousands of their credits down the drain. And look at that! The last ship to refuel there was your shuttle to Eeloo, meaning you have all that science to yourself. :P

Of course even stock KSP runs incredibly slowly, so this would probably never happen in a million years. But this is a thread for wishing, after all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: February 26, 2016, 07:07:53 am »

I want Kerbal Space Program, but a competitive multiplayer experience. Multiple space centers on multiple planets can pull off difficult missions by working in tandem, but maybe you... "accidentally" end up docking with Duna's refueling satellite at 3km/s, exploding it and sending thousands of their credits down the drain. And look at that! The last ship to refuel there was your shuttle to Eeloo, meaning you have all that science to yourself. :P

Of course even stock KSP runs incredibly slowly, so this would probably never happen in a million years. But this is a thread for wishing, after all.

There's a multiplayer mod for KSP.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6694 on: February 26, 2016, 11:20:47 am »

I could see multiplayer Superhot running as the Frozen Synapse turn system, where players plan their turns at the same time and then it just happens. Would require predicting where enemy will go and stuff, though it would be quite different from regular Superhot gameplay.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #6695 on: February 28, 2016, 12:28:08 pm »

On the topic of impossible games, how about a time-based MOBA? That is, every character has a unique method of playing with/altering/traveling through time. One character might be a purely einsteinian being which slows down as it goes faster, another has a time travel method which changes thing, another has the fixed timeline, but still time travel, and so on.
Check out my books at O and H Books

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: February 28, 2016, 03:17:43 pm »

Achron might be a good engine to build something like that in. I don't have any personal experience with it, but I like to imagine that you might be able to set a certain unit to be unaffected by time pulses and the relativistic stuff could be a universal pace reduction, though that could get annoying. Or perhaps they could be operating in their own timeline and get resynchronised with each pulse... But this is all conjecture...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: February 28, 2016, 06:21:49 pm »

Resequence is a pretty versatile engine, it's just not seen much use. It's a real shame.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: February 29, 2016, 06:18:03 am »

A shooter (doesn't matter if it's first or third person.) Where you are some sort of spirit that can possess other people's bodies for short periods of time. After that time, your hosts body will force you back out and they won't be able to be possessed anymore. When you are without a body, you can be hurt but you can also attack people as well. When you are in somebody else, you won't take damage as they do, but you can use their weapons to kill other guys. If a person who you are possessing dies, you get forced out as well. The main gameplay would be strategically choosing who to possess and when to ditch the body you are currently in. And as the game goes on, enemies get smarter, and they force you out faster.

An old-ish game called Messiah is the closest I can think of this idea being realized, the core gameplay mechanic is possession of unwilling bodies.

"The Devil has positioned himself as the ruler of an earthly technocratic dystopia. God sends an angel called Bob to do battle with Satan for the ultimate survival of the universe and whatnot in Faktur, a city filled with sex workers, corrupt cops, and cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers [...]. The plot seems mainly an excuse for the developers to present the effectively incongruous image of a diapered cherub scooting through a grim and violent urban wasteland."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:32:09 am by Mookzen »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: February 29, 2016, 09:06:59 am »

I wish there were another RPG like Morrowind. It's hard to quantify what I specifically mean by "like Morrowind", as it's a large number of things that are hard to separate from Morrowind itself, and then to separate as actually decent pieces of a game rather than nostalgia. But I would love to experience another Morrowind.

I bought the expansions and never played them because I had beaten the vanilla game on Xbox by then. I should really get around to beating the game again and experiencing those.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: February 29, 2016, 09:14:15 am »

Go take a look at Tamriel Rebuilt and OpenMW when you do that.
The former is a mod trying to provide all the missing parts of Morrowind (the original game plays wholly in Vvardenfell) and the latter is an OpenSource engine meant to run the original game files. It's already better than the original engine but unfortunately a few mods don't work with it yet (all the official Add-Ons do, though).
Taste my Paci-Fist

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: February 29, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »

An RPG - Strategy Game, with a Character System sort of in the vein of CK II, except your characters form an adventuring party / business entity within a Kingdom and do Quests together. Genetic traits (visible and invisible) would be passed down between generations and having your Dad be Hero of the Realm could give you a headstart at being a good one yourself (or make you lazy and depressed at the thought of never living up to him, haha.)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: March 02, 2016, 10:42:00 pm »

MasterCheese's Arena 2.0 game.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: March 02, 2016, 11:21:44 pm »

I want an RPG where at least one major dialogue moment happens as a conversation with a chatbot. I've seen too many RPGs where it makes total sense to take an "evil" course of action, but then the available dialogue options don't offer you a good way to justify yourself.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: March 02, 2016, 11:25:35 pm »

MGS 5, but a roguelike.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 577