Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956213 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6225 on: November 10, 2015, 04:54:36 pm »

How about a 4x where research doesn't occur in a vacuum. That is to say where one nation's breakthroughs affect other civilizations' technology levels. I mean look at the internet in the real world, other nations not only didn't need to develop it independently, they can't keep it out.

Also, another thing that I'd like to see in a 4x is that under the right conditions nations should be able to become unstable and split apart into multiple new nations, like the British Empire did in real life.
Caveman2Cosmos (a huge mod for Civilization 4) did both of these somewhat by virtue of Tech Diffusion, as bordering civilizations (and later, ones that you trade with) will find it easier to research technology that has been already discovered by their neighbors. There's also a Rebellion module, though I rarely see it occur, in that distant or extremely unhappy cities can break away from their host civilization, sometimes forming a new nation entirely. Seemed to happen most with colonies, in my experience, but I tended to disable it.

It does a lot of other complex things under the hood that most games of that scale would shy away from. Unfortunately the result can cause long turn times on even 4-5 computer opponents and a standard sized map.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: November 10, 2015, 05:51:00 pm »

The Imperialism games did that a bit, also.  The tech tree was semi-randomized, and the more civs that got access to the tech made it easier to get, harder to hide.

Tech trading fills this role (to some extent) in most 4x games.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: November 10, 2015, 06:26:50 pm »

This thread is called "Games you wish existed", not "find me a game like this that already exists", for a reason. :P
There's actually a thread for that. It's the "Recommend me a game" thread.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: November 12, 2015, 06:59:12 pm »

High-Definition/Detail 16/32-bit RPG with time travel as both a central plot device and gameplay mechanic.

OR . . .

An open-world crime simulator with highly-sophisticated AI that present challenges equal to human societal response to criminals.

inb4 "good luk wid dat". To anyone saying that: Bumbaclot!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: November 15, 2015, 02:39:17 am »

Postal 2 but with better targeting of edged dismemberment weapons, deadlier shotgun and machine gun, no useless areas of the map, and no censor bars
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: November 15, 2015, 06:05:49 am »

Reading Prequel, I've been reminiscing about playing Oblivion and its ridiculously tiny CAPITAL OF THE GODDAMN EVERYTHING.

So, an idea came to me: a TES(-style) RPG that is pretty much the same as the rest in playstyle, but its setting is a single city that spans the entire world map. Kinda like TES meets older GTAs, set in something like the City from Thief.

Fantasy-ier than GTA, more open-ended gameplay-wise than Thief, more focused in setting than TES.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: November 15, 2015, 06:20:14 am »

I tried to make TES: Ankh Morpork once. I gave up very quickly.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: November 15, 2015, 06:35:19 am »

Reading Prequel, I've been reminiscing about playing Oblivion and its ridiculously tiny CAPITAL OF THE GODDAMN EVERYTHING.

So, an idea came to me: a TES(-style) RPG that is pretty much the same as the rest in playstyle, but its setting is a single city that spans the entire world map. Kinda like TES meets older GTAs, set in something like the City from Thief.

Fantasy-ier than GTA, more open-ended gameplay-wise than Thief, more focused in setting than TES.
Yeah, something like that would be awesome.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: November 15, 2015, 08:14:42 pm »

High-Definition/Detail 16/32-bit RPG with time travel as both a central plot device and gameplay mechanic.

More so than Chrono Trigger or Radiant Historia?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: November 17, 2015, 11:38:00 am »

I wish there was a Minecraft clone that had hints about stuff like hidden bosses and more complicated recipes, strewn about the world. I've been playing Minecraft so long that I know a lot of the recipes by heart, but I honestly don't know how I would have figured it out without the Minecraft wiki open in another window.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: November 17, 2015, 12:35:24 pm »

I wish there was a Minecraft clone that had hints about stuff like hidden bosses and more complicated recipes, strewn about the world. I've been playing Minecraft so long that I know a lot of the recipes by heart, but I honestly don't know how I would have figured it out without the Minecraft wiki open in another window.
So some sort of TES/Minecraft crossover in styles?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: November 17, 2015, 03:30:06 pm »

YEEESSSSSS.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: November 18, 2015, 07:39:45 am »

A reverse hunting simulator.  Play as deer, wolves, bears, bulls, and all sorts of other big game whilst avoiding groups of modern day hunters, then turn the tables on these poor bastards using your nature-given physical advantages and newfound human cunning.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: November 18, 2015, 08:03:13 am »

Jagged Alliance 3...  :-\

The real one
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: November 18, 2015, 08:56:42 am »

A reverse hunting simulator.  Play as deer, wolves, bears, bulls, and all sorts of other big game whilst avoiding groups of modern day hunters, then turn the tables on these poor bastards using your nature-given physical advantages and newfound human cunning.
The Deer Avenger series is for you.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 577