Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 954803 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5625 on: August 07, 2015, 09:57:49 pm »

Im willing to go very far. As someone who also does a fair bit of writing and thinking about stories, nothing pleases me greater than to discover the stories of games, whether that means going all out in a game, trolling its wiki, or both i'm more than willing to do it. I love it.
Perhaps you meant that to go in the "How far are you willing to go to play a game" thread?

I did, actually... i'm not sure how I ended up here. What day is it? Is it Christmas? There is still time!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: August 07, 2015, 10:28:54 pm »

I want a PC equivalent of the Steel Batallion controller, and a suitably badass mech game to make use of it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: August 07, 2015, 10:45:49 pm »

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain but with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater's food/stamina system.

Thank god for mods, right? ...Right?
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: August 08, 2015, 07:43:14 am »

Mods can do many things. It depends on how much they support modding.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: August 09, 2015, 05:52:53 pm »

I wish there was a "realistic" modern post apocalyptic RPG where you can interact with just about everything in game and do whatever you want. The health system should be extremely realistic with the ability to lose limbs/appendages, have side effects from using medicines, side effects from things like blood loss, and perma death where you start over as a new person when you die.

You would spawn in a room in a relatively safe part of a town but with few supplies and only a bag with basic necessities (water filtering kit, knife or blade of some sort, bed roll/sleeping bag, some food, etc) with the starting supplies being of random different qualities so each time you spawn you could get really good equipment, really bad equipment, or a bit of both. Everything you interact with wolf affect future game play.

Ex: if you loot the starting "safe" area on your first run through then die, the next character will spawn in the safe area but all the loot (discluding starting equipment) would be with your now dead character or where you left it.

The maps should be procedurally generated with no specific missions just surging and maybe helping others out or trying to kill of raiders or become a raider and such. Maybe even have randomly generated factions.

You should be able to interact with other survivors and maybe even start your own faction.

Areas would have verrying levels of difficulty. From places like the spawn area where there are no threats to you but little to no loot. To relatively dangerous places with raiders or slavers roaming about but plenty of loot. All the way up to Chernobyl like areas where something like radiation or biological hazards are everywhere and one wrong step could kill you.

I think the apocalypse setting should be relatively realistic or maybe even randomized.

So if you get tired of playing in one world you could permanently reset it (or save it) and start a new one to play in.

Going along with the previous statement, new worlds/maps would have a chance at being made by different apocalypses that caused different things to happen. Maybe one was from a world war so all the buildings are destroyed and there are heavily irradiated areas from nuclear bombings or bio hazard areas from old attacks. Or maybe the world was ended by a plague where there are few survivors and the streets are littered with the dead, so you would have to avoid getting sick, but the infrastructure would be relatively intact as nothing had really been there to destroy it. 

I think this would be a pretty amazing game if it existed and I would most definitely buy it if it existed.

(Side note- modern apocalypse= guns and a realistic variety at that (as well as realistic ammo scarcity))   
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: August 09, 2015, 06:00:04 pm »

A fully-translated version of Elona, in English.

Or a substitute game of it that isn't ADoM :/
By which you mean a sequel to Elona Shooter, right? :P

Kidding. Both what you mean and what I mean would be great, though.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: August 09, 2015, 06:02:55 pm »

6/9 of the things were CataDDA.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: August 09, 2015, 06:03:49 pm »

Were what?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: August 09, 2015, 06:12:59 pm »

6 out of the 9 features you described (by my count, obviously it depends how much you subdivide it) would apply to Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:44 pm »

It's also open source!  ;D
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: August 09, 2015, 06:35:33 pm »

Yeah, you're describing Cataclysm: DDA with the monsters switched off and NPCs on.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: August 09, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »

Adding to the list

Can it be played one player/multiple local players and is it on console?
(Console gamer here :p )

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: August 09, 2015, 08:26:21 pm »

It's a single-player roguelike for the computer. Like Dwarf Fortress, it's more deep than it is pretty.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: August 09, 2015, 09:59:15 pm »

I'd like to see a game that explicitly makes fun of how absurd it is that food is a healing item in a lot of games (I think this might be the idea behind the crack pipes in Postal 2, but it's not clear, it's not explicit)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: August 10, 2015, 01:48:14 am »

Nothing comes to mind, but I suspect that there are some games out there in which the protagonist is some form of comestible and it would not surprise if some instances included edibles as rejuvenants. Though this is all theoretical...

As for Cataclysm, I believe that it is on multiple platforms, but you will not likely see it on a console. Although it should be capable of functioning on a great variety of personal computers, I exopect that the system requirements are minimal so that it would function respectably on a decades-old machine that is not designed for gaming. Having said that, I do sometimes see slowdowns when I have thousands of items in close proximity.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 577