Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955045 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5190 on: April 22, 2015, 11:12:34 am »

QWOP but for exercises.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: April 22, 2015, 10:41:25 pm »

Total War like RTS but all the grand strategy taken out. You start with an army and you just fight battles, retaining troops and experience across battles and having the chance to resupply every once in a awhile. User made campaigns or famous military campaigns as well (Caesar or Alexander or Hannibal, starting with what they started with and seeing how well you can do.) Would be awesome.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: April 23, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »

Total War like RTS but all the grand strategy taken out. You start with an army and you just fight battles, retaining troops and experience across battles and having the chance to resupply every once in a awhile. User made campaigns or famous military campaigns as well (Caesar or Alexander or Hannibal, starting with what they started with and seeing how well you can do.) Would be awesome.
You can potentially mod that kind of things on Total War already.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: April 23, 2015, 07:17:38 pm »

Really? How!?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: April 23, 2015, 09:42:09 pm »

How about a 4x game where info about the outskirts of your empire reaches you on a distance dependent (distance from your capital that is) delay and orders go out on a similar delay (so you would see territories far from your capital not as they are but as they were several turns previously, and your distant units would take several turns to receive and act on your orders {the results of which would in turn not be visible until several turns later when the info from the turn in which they acted reached you}). Advances in the tech tree would reduce these delays.

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: April 24, 2015, 12:10:58 am »

How about a 4x game where info about the outskirts of your empire reaches you on a distance dependent (distance from your capital that is) delay and orders go out on a similar delay (so you would see territories far from your capital not as they are but as they were several turns previously, and your distant units would take several turns to receive and act on your orders {the results of which would in turn not be visible until several turns later when the info from the turn in which they acted reached you}). Advances in the tech tree would reduce these delays.

That would be awesome. A game that really showcases the struggles in transmitting and interpreting vast amounts of data of vast distances.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: April 24, 2015, 08:49:08 am »

Really? How!?
Depends. On Med 2 you could employ horde mechanics and play a faction like that with house rules of never taking a settlement.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: April 24, 2015, 09:14:00 am »

Something like that was already done for Medieval: Total War 2.

The campaign for the Lord of the Ring's Mod had you follow Frodo and the whole ring journey with one caveat. You can't take cities, and the only city you do have is the Shire. Which doesn't spawn units. It only exists to make it so you don't lose. The only armies you obtain are the ones you obtain for doing small 'quests' and plot allies that are earned as you travel. And although you play siege maps, you don't get to keep the city afterwards.

Ever. Unless you like being trampled by ents.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: April 24, 2015, 01:10:35 pm »

Something like that was already done for Medieval: Total War 2.

The campaign for the Lord of the Ring's Mod had you follow Frodo and the whole ring journey with one caveat. You can't take cities, and the only city you do have is the Shire. Which doesn't spawn units. It only exists to make it so you don't lose. The only armies you obtain are the ones you obtain for doing small 'quests' and plot allies that are earned as you travel. And although you play siege maps, you don't get to keep the city afterwards.

Ever. Unless you like being trampled by ents.

Not quite the same thing I'm looking to take out the over world map completely and just have battles

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #5199 on: April 24, 2015, 04:02:51 pm »

That would be awesome. A game that really showcases the struggles in transmitting and interpreting vast amounts of data of vast distances.

I heard of (but never played) a map and counters wargame where FTL lag was simulated by having to write a set number of orders in advance. So the fleet that will attack in five turns will still attack even if you see three turns later that it would be futile. Better "officers" mean you have to write less orders in advance.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: April 24, 2015, 05:39:24 pm »

I'd like a mecha game for PC. But not a straight up one, no, this one would be somewhat closer to Battletech or Gundam 00 (so less oot stuff) as far as setting goes.

You'd start out as a pilot of some sort, tasked with securing this unruly province or something, then an all out war against a neighbouring nation, something to escalate. The mecha parts would be broken up by some FPS/TPS sections, where you're playing one of the civilians/rebels and mostly trying to survive the mayhem the stompy robots are causing. A neat part would be that shit you did in one mode would in some way or form affect the other mode in a big or small way.

Haven't really given this one too much thought, but the idea of contrasting the empowering awesome of the robots with the feeling of powerlessness and terror of the regular people is an idea I'd like to see done in some way.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: April 24, 2015, 09:06:53 pm »

Right, can we just get FTL meets Flight Sim but in mechs?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: April 24, 2015, 10:31:20 pm »

Pokemon Snap 2 for PC, with a level editor and the ability to save your pictures to SD card for glossy high-quality photo prints.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: April 24, 2015, 11:21:00 pm »

Pokemon Hipster, let us Instagram them and put shite filters over the pictures.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: April 25, 2015, 12:11:21 am »

Pokemon Hipster, let us Instagram them and put shite filters over the pictures.

Can we have a selfie stick as a holdable item?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 577