Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955366 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4980 on: February 28, 2015, 02:09:54 am »

-A Postal 2 style mayhem simulator but with procedurally generated levels and more realistic weapon effects (shotgun and machinegun with actual stopping power, melee weapons that damage the part of the body that they actually hit rather than a randomly selected limb, etc)

-A Dungeon Keeper style game where the extent of your villany isn't entirely limited to gothic theming and the occasional optional torture chamber.

-A level editor and/or procedural map generator for Temple of Elemental Evil
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:11:31 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: February 28, 2015, 04:11:12 am »

-A Postal 2 style mayhem simulator but with procedurally generated levels and more realistic weapon effects (shotgun and machinegun with actual stopping power, melee weapons that damage the part of the body that they actually hit rather than a randomly selected limb, etc)
Hatred time!

And weapons in P2 totally hit the limb that you hit with them. It's just that it's not easy to aim with a lot of them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: February 28, 2015, 04:20:07 am »

Hitman 2, but if disguises actually mattered and the save game system wasn't so confusing. I remember there being a lot of cool levels, but I only got to see them when following a guide step-for-step.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: February 28, 2015, 05:34:34 am »

Not a game, but I've recently had an idea of the map for a 2-team game that would basically consist of two big fortresses full of gates which are only passable by the team that's defending it, leaving only a few paths for the attacker to take. It would be interesting to play.
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: February 28, 2015, 05:55:02 am »

Hitman 2, but if disguises actually mattered and the save game system wasn't so confusing. I remember there being a lot of cool levels, but I only got to see them when following a guide step-for-step.
Oh, yeah. A Contracts-style remake would be great.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: March 01, 2015, 06:47:03 am »

A point and click adventure that has the same pacing, tone and overall 'spirit' of a Disney musical. I say point-and-click adventure because I feel like that's the genre where non-interactive cutscenes (like a musical sequence) are not only most expected, but actually welcomed and appreciated when done well.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: March 01, 2015, 07:35:20 am »

Games I wished existed eh?
Asexual attack cat.
I dont even what the game is about or what you would do in it, I just want there to be a game called asexual attack cat.

I also dream of a game in which you fight against a lich and his undead armies, but it would be really complex and I mean REALLY complex and stuff. I cannot explain it, but its like a mellifluous song roaring into my ears.

One day.

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4987 on: March 01, 2015, 07:40:00 am »

I dont even what the game is about or what you would do in it, I just want there to be a game called asexual attack cat.

Asexual Attack Cat would also be a great name for a band.
Or asexualattackcat.tumblr.com.

I would love a game which takes something like DotA's Invoker to another level. Make it four or five elements instead of three and you massively increase the number of available spells. Make it first person and in a procedural or story-based world...

It would probably be ridiculously niche, but I would play the heck out of a game that let you mix spells on the fly by rapping keys. Especially if it had PvP.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: March 01, 2015, 08:35:06 am »

Asexual Attack Cat would also be a great name for a band.
Or asexualattackcat.tumblr.com.

I would love a game which takes something like DotA's Invoker to another level. Make it four or five elements instead of three and you massively increase the number of available spells. Make it first person and in a procedural or story-based world...

It would probably be ridiculously niche, but I would play the heck out of a game that let you mix spells on the fly by rapping keys. Especially if it had PvP.
So basically Magicka?
._.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: March 01, 2015, 08:44:55 am »

A crossover of Neuroshima and hard Truck Apocalypse with some base building and resource management elements thrown in.

Basically "Battlezone 2" open world "Mad Max" edition.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4990 on: March 01, 2015, 08:56:56 am »

Magicka does indeed look remarkably like what I want.

I don't know whether it's just the skill level of the people playing int the handful of videos I watched, but I was thinking faster-paced and possibly slightly more constrained. It looks like you can just hurl the same spell repeatedly in Magicka - I would put a several second limitation on how often you can cast spells, to force variation and stuff.

I'm surprised such a game actually exists, though. I'll have to put it on my list of things I want.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4991 on: March 01, 2015, 02:48:55 pm »

A Death Note simulator.  You start in a randomised country, pick your multiple choice background LCS style, and then you get the notebook.  You would have a limited amount of time in a day to use the notebook, cause you need to eat/sleep/interact with people to avoid raising suspicion/etc.  Once you are done taking care of your daily life from a Sims isometric perspective, you'd switch to a Shadow President style global map, where you'd have access to all the publicly known names and faces of people in the world, along with their publicly available backgrounds/crimes/and other info, so you can decide who you want to judge.

Wanna take out all of the Facebook users of the world?  That's simple, the game supplies you with information of those people based on that criteria.  If the criteria you want is criminals, then you'd need to find a way into various criminal databases, which may be helped or hindered depending on your character's background, and which you can do something about from your daily life mode.  Every randomly generated individual in this game would be connected, allowing you to make them do simple commands before their death, mostly related to killing others ( e.g. John commits suicide at 10:43 EST, kills sister Jane in the process ), making them cooperate with you, turn against someone, etc. Each individual would be limited by circumstance, meaning you can't make a janitor launch a country's nukes, or make a child go on a killing spree.  They may try, it's just not going to help you.

Eventually, you'd be targeted by L.  L's name would be randomly generated each time you play, so you can't simply write down his name because you learned about in your last playthrough.  He would use all the information on the planet, which he more or less has access to, to narrow you down to country, city and town of origin.  L would try to befriend you as in canon, stay at a distance, do whatever, the only consistent thing being he will never give up even if you've managed to terrify the rest of the world.  On the whole, you will be hunted by other organizations as well, but  L's true anonymity makes him the only person in the game capable of standing against you till the very end.

Would make for some interesting AARs.

I like it. I think you have the idea for a better version of what people want an SCP game to be about. If I were to interpret it, I'd throw in other artifacts and entities, but keep the idea of at least one nemesis capable of tracking you down.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #4992 on: March 01, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »

Asexual attack cat.

Seconded. I actually want to draw this now, but I don't know how to draw an asexual anything.
Regards,
Dampe

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: March 01, 2015, 06:52:20 pm »

Asexual attack cat.

Seconded. I actually want to draw this now, but I don't know how to draw an asexual anything.
I am not sure either, but while searching for inspiration I stumbled upon this repository of GIFs from GreasyMoose animations. Though this is getting a bit removed from the original topic now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: March 02, 2015, 02:34:54 am »

Meanwhile, @Yolan, you might want to try to scratch that itch with Sid Meyer's Covert Action; it's an oldie, but that, roughly, is the description of what you do most of the time.

Thanks for mentioning it. The wiki was quite interesting actually.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_Action). Sid Meier derived a design rule from the experience "Don't try to do too many games in one package."

While I'm here, another game idea..

A survival-style game with eating/resource gathering, but rather than being alone you are responsible for a tribe. They can hunt themselves, but aren't so tough and need your help to survive in a threatening environment. The tribe members will reproduce and raise their children, and the surrounding environment responds to your activities with some ecological modelling and enemy tribes to fight. Can you lead them forward through a basic tech tree and establish a secure home? The tech tree is maybe a deeper exploration of the initial stages of a civilization campaign. Woohoo! We have pottery! But if you want actual pots to increase your food storage, you need to set aside an area for your guys to make the pots in, and lead them to a clay source. And watch out for that sabre tooth tiger.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 577