Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955854 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4860 on: December 17, 2014, 07:53:25 pm »

I'd love RPGs based on Glorantha and the RuneQuest (not the Mongoose edition, actual RuneQuest) gameplay. 
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: December 17, 2014, 07:54:48 pm »

there's also TVTropes' Useful notes pages. They aren't as good as Wikipedia (in part because several orders of magnitude less people reread them and made changes), but I like the style.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: December 17, 2014, 08:03:57 pm »

I wish a game existed that when you died, you stayed dead, but the universe never reset- instead, your new character had to adapt to a new land because of the actions you did in your past lives. Let's have some examples.

Life 1: Killed some goblins, died.
Life 2: Went to kill the same goblins, they were gone, got eaten by vultures five minutes later.
Life 3: Went out to sea, became rich of piracy, returned to land, used fortune to train an army, took over the kingdom, ruled like a tyrant, died of assassination.
Life 4: Had to live like a peasant in terror because of the tyrannical rules you placed over the citizens, until you try to seize the throne, and get killed by the son you had in Life 3.
Life 5: Slammed your head against a rock repeatedly, saying "I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game." Got stabbed from behind by someone.
Life 6: Went back to the rock. Found bloodstains, your body with a dagger-hole in it, and several vultures. They eat you.
Life 7: Went back to the place you died in the 1st life. Died. Threw down controller, exited in disgust.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: December 17, 2014, 08:07:16 pm »

That sounds like an abridged Dwarf Fortress adventurer mode LP from the future.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: December 17, 2014, 08:16:51 pm »

I wish a game existed that when you died, you stayed dead, but the universe never reset
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is like that, but that only goes so far when there is no society. You will pretty much just find all the zeds pre-killed, the cities pre-looted stripped-to-bedrock and the shelters pre-fortified. If you had some means of forgetting where your previous incarnation lugged everything to then it might be interesting, but mostly it just saves on looting time...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: December 17, 2014, 10:22:37 pm »

Survival game ala Don't Starve.

Only, it's not the wilderness, but a low-fantasy Dickensian style city in which you have to survive in as a homeless waif.

Victorian/low fantasy art style and world. Top down semi-isometric city inhabited by thousands of dynamic AI with schedules, roles, homes, etc.

Not starving in this environment means being quick on your feet and light with your fingers. Only, watch out for the body snatchers who supply corpses to the medical schools. They get extra for fresh bodies, and nobody would notice one less waif. Then there is the Ripper. The city watch. Other gangs. And of course, whoever murdered your parents to begin with.

Navigate the rooftops, jimmy locks, tip toe past sleeping innkeepers, run from mobs and avoid coaches rumbling down the streets.

Damn! that's a great idea!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: December 17, 2014, 11:36:06 pm »

I still say we need a Jack The Ripper sim. Maybe a version of AssCred where there's no dying if you stab innocents?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: December 18, 2014, 12:08:01 am »

And I still wish that it would be a multiplayer 'monster versus mundanes' game that had people playing the 'survive as a Dickensian street-urchin' game in the same world and they could see rippers and prostitues running around doing their thing while the urchins are too busy scrounging for scraps and picking pockets to care...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: December 18, 2014, 12:11:20 am »

I still say we need a Jack The Ripper sim. Maybe a version of AssCred where there's no dying if you stab innocents?

Hm, how about a "insanity" (unsanity?) bar where if you go too long without killing you suffer side effects and eventually lose.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: December 18, 2014, 01:21:54 am »

A game that feels like this song and looks like:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes it's incredibly vague and will likely never be fulfilled, but I don't care.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #4870 on: December 18, 2014, 01:40:32 pm »

In every mecha game ever, you play as a giant metal human with gun hands. I want a game where you pilot a mech that moves like a glacier and holds enough firepower to obliterate one.

It would have dozens of different weapons that you could use strategically, like punching, shooting missiles, lasers, a drill melee weapon, etc. But you would also have to handle mechanical things, like  bottling up or venting steam, setting your movement speed, tweaking power output to gain extra speed or conserve power, or overclocking the mech's targeting computer temporarily to slow down the game speed and destroy a whole swarm of enemies. You would have to deal with various environmental hazards as you moved forward, including enemies infiltrating your mech on foot that need to be killed with defense drones. You would need to make decisions like jettisoning compromised limbs, and manage resources like reactor power and fabricated ammunition.

Basically I want an autist-level simulation of something that doesn't exist.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: December 18, 2014, 02:25:22 pm »

-mech-

sounds like mechwarrior mixed with FTL with the simulation/things to keep in mind gauge cranked up to eleven.

dowant.
also yesfootsoldiersgettingonyourleggedtankofdeath
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: December 18, 2014, 06:21:02 pm »

Every since the Serial Murder RL was shown to be a hoax, I've been trying to see if one could work out.

ANd I think the answer is yes. There are stealth RLs, and you can do most of the mechanics and simulation for the forensics.

The thing that I cant seem to solve, is how to enforce victimology.  And how to show, that a serial killer, is deaden to the world around them. I have some ideas. Like the world slowly turns from color to monochromic. Full color after a kill, but fades over time. And your Victim in such moments, would be the only thing with color in the world.

I also want to include psychotic delusions, but somehow hide their delusions.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: December 18, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »

Well the easy way to hide delusions is to make them identical to existing, often functional, game-elements right up until the moment(or possibly shortly after) they are supposed to function. If the 'they' that are constantly watching you are indistinguishable from the police observing you if you become a suspect... Or if the police sometimes look like cartoonish thugs and the cartoonish thugs sometimes jump at you, knock you over, and apply handcuffs and sometimes jump at you, you stumble over from surprise, and then your hands start to pass through them...

Some sort of addiction-like stability system would seem appropriate for imposing upon the player to persist as a serial killer. Every time that you kill someone your addiction meter's maximum increases and is filled. Over time your addiction meter is emptied and the more empty space on it the less control you have. You start acting nervously, maybe you start to pick up evidence automatically if it is in your proximity and need to manually drop it lest you carry it around all-day(but on the other hand, being in possession of such evidence could slow your addiction meter's emptying). After a while you completely lose your composure and start needing to explain why you are acting strangely... If the game start just after you accidentally kill someone then you would start with something to hide and something to get the addiction started... Having the player start having properly murdered someone would take away the opportunity to get started in a fashion that suits the player, while forcing the player to murder someone in order to start the game, before any of the mechanics have started up, I feel would be a bit awkward, best to have them start with little to no choice in the matter. Of course, having it work as just a pure 'see how long you can go before a lack of composure gets you caught for the initial event' game if the player never actually kills anyone could also be fun if the not-murdering side of the game was solid...
Read the First Post!

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: December 18, 2014, 07:09:40 pm »

I have a crummy schedule so I can't work on it often but I've had an idea floating around for a while that I'd like to hear some ideas on before I actually commit to anything...

It is a police chief simulator that will only deal with strategic decisions but will resemble LCS.

This is the basic layout for the end of month report...  Your main responsibility is to assign enough cars to certain neighborhoods throughout the city to crack down on the run-of-the-mill misdemeanors and felonies that occur throughout the month without your involvement.  Certain cases are labeled as High Profile due to either media attention or their affiliation with one of the hidden 'groups'/gangs/LCS/individual serial killers. 

The outcome to each decision is part skill of the responding officers, part luck, and part knowing how the group the suspect is a member of will respond.

The general feel of the game will move from a post-9/11 force to a Judge Dredd situation.  There wouldn't really be a 'win' situation... your victories will come from gathering enough evidence through crime scenes/informants that you can get a warrant/make a hit package so that one of the 'good guys' can 'deal' with the individual... ya, the courtroom is optional.  The more you suck, the more likely vigilantes appear to deal with what you can't (or die trying).

The game itself would be adult in nature... drugs/rape/murder would be common topics, your local department dealing with super villain scale terror attacks on the city itself and the department if a crime group goes unchecked.  Guess what, you didn't stop the League of Shadows... they just killed everyone in the city's penal system by poisoning the food supply.  Federal opinion of you has plummeted but morale at the station has actually improved.  Well, one of you patrol cars was hijacked by a the Cali Cartel, if you don't stop all patrols in the Old Town area they will publicly execute the officers.  Now what?

I'm not sure if it would be fun/worth playing?
Could I get away with a serious game on the subject without pissing off 90% of the people who would be interested in playing it?

(The images are in no way functional... just concept art.)
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 577