Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 954841 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4425 on: September 10, 2014, 02:15:27 pm »

Warhammer 40k

But online

It's all I want. I'd much rather have to pay 25$ to play an accurate representation of WH40k with steamworks-supported online play than sink the god-knows how much money and time into the shit i'd need to get started, only to learn that I don't have anybody to play with

Unless you count some assbackwards comic store in Macon that would probably be into that shit.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: September 10, 2014, 02:17:19 pm »

Warhammer 40k

But online

It's all I want. I'd much rather have to pay 25$ to play an accurate representation of WH40k with steamworks-supported online play than sink the god-knows how much money and time into the shit i'd need to get started, only to learn that I don't have anybody to play with

Unless you count some assbackwards comic store in Macon that would probably be into that shit.

Well, something makes me think that there is at least one WH40k plugin for LackeyCCG, but don't quote me on that.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: September 11, 2014, 12:17:20 pm »

Warhammer 40k

But online

Just wait for commonly available 3d printers.

Then wargames will be cheaaaaap to play.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: September 11, 2014, 02:18:03 pm »

4chan faction plays like a grey goo type thing, (for all gameplay purposes) a single huge mass that absorbs material and grows. Fluid-ish dynamics would make it interesting to play, need to keep it close together to create enough pressure to break through defences. But the loss in mobility is made up for by not needing any factories.
Actually no, I go on 4chan and it's all but homogenous. What people think when they hear "4chan" is usually /b/.
4chan is divided into boards, which are like subreddits but much more broad. Like anime, video games, traditional games...
Every board has a very unique subculture. If 4chan was a country it'd be a bunch of warring tribes loosely connected by their simmering hatred for the "others".
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: September 11, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »

I had this idea for a Alpha Protocol/KOTOR-esque Warhammer 40k RPG based around being an Inquisitor, some points I thought up:

Combat would be a XCOM style turnbased with a party (your an inquistor with perhaps a techpriest for buffing/tech support, maybe a stormtrooper who can use heavy non-powered armor and heavy weapons, etc.)
You can bring in two sets of weapons, and change them freely each round, either 2 full size weapons (las-rifles, bolters, etc.) or 1 melee weapon and 1 ranged weapon (you have a choice to take cover and use a regular snap shot with the pistol, or if the enemy's close enough, you can run up and engage in melee)
Melee acts like a normal combat round of D&D, with some warhammer thrown in, ya know, a attack round and a defense round, and if the enemy rolls a 20 or similar, they get a melee counter hit in. Or rarely, if you roll a 20 and they roll a 20, you get this awesome "duel" animation, and the game rerolls to settle it.
Ranged of course, is standard XCOM, maybe with KOTOR-style mechanics with some feats letting you choose to do a full auto burst (five attack rounds at reduced accuracy, for instance) or a sniper shot for critical damage.

As for character creation, you can choose the Ordo you belong to:
Ordo Xenos Inquisitors would be the "guile" heroes, relying on stealth, diplomacy, and good guns to get by
Ordo Malleus Inquisitors are the "warrior" types: loud, heavy powered armor and the best melee weapons (imagine whacking a chaos marine in the face with a thunder hammer, for instance
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors are the "mages", powerful psyker abilities and the ability to root out info directly from targets minds

There would be a feat/power tree for each Ordo, for example, Ordo Xenos get access to extended diplomacy feats, allowing deeper conversations with any affable xenos you come across for info or temporary alliances (with impact on the story!), while Malleus guys can add an extra attack round to melee engagements that uses their small ranged weapon after a melee combat round, giving them a free shot after a melee round. Hereticus guys get to blast things with fire and call in powerful psyker support.

Speaking of info above, you're going to have to dig some info up, Alpha Protocol-style throughout the game, the Inquisitorial Libraries might be full of good info but some secrets have to be found out first hand and must be crosschecked with what you know, as some questgivers will out-right lie to you cuz they might be in on something heretical or incriminating. And just like Alpha Protocol, what you know and what you do and how you do it affects the story. Being a "PURGE THE HERETICS!" type will make sure all of the local factions know you're there and you mean business, opening up info through intimidated parties. However, you can go incognito, like Amberly Vail, and collect what info you can before revealing yourself (not like that).

You are assigned to one of 3 overarching stories in a certain sector of space based on your chosen Ordo. 3 separate enemy plots are coming together, and while you might be working to stop one, you'll get some crossover into the other plots, affecting your story. Standard Obsidian style plot; 3-5 planets with individual stories that need solving, but each one ties into the over arching story for your Ordo, and there's some crossover based on your story so far and what you did/how you've been playing.

I literally came up with all of this while reading the Ciaphas Cain novels and drinking coffee while waiting for my plane home a few days ago.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: September 11, 2014, 05:11:27 pm »

4chan faction plays like a grey goo type thing, (for all gameplay purposes) a single huge mass that absorbs material and grows. Fluid-ish dynamics would make it interesting to play, need to keep it close together to create enough pressure to break through defences. But the loss in mobility is made up for by not needing any factories.
Actually no, I go on 4chan and it's all but homogenous. What people think when they hear "4chan" is usually /b/.
4chan is divided into boards, which are like subreddits but much more broad. Like anime, video games, traditional games...
Every board has a very unique subculture. If 4chan was a country it'd be a bunch of warring tribes loosely connected by their simmering hatred for the "others".
Yes thank you I am familiar with 4chan. I never said it was homogeneous. Hence the idea of a mass made of uncountable individual agents (something something nanotechnology handwave) that are only bound together strongly enough to act vaguely like a liquid, as opposed to a giant gun-toting death-bot or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: September 11, 2014, 05:49:52 pm »

A side-scrolling beat 'em up sandbox game.

Terraria meets Streets of Rage.

Also multi-dimensional travel.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: September 11, 2014, 07:58:09 pm »

A game where you follow a yellow brick road. Make imaginary alternate paths that lead to same ending, but slightly different. A point and click adventure (but move character with wasd or gamepad) where the game throws 1000s of cutscenes at you. Also it will have 50 dlcs of cut pre-release content. Cost 250-500 dollars to make. Make sure people can't mod it. Make it cost 60 dollars.

Instant profit.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: September 11, 2014, 08:19:23 pm »

Such a game would be near impossible to enjoy, would be impossible to play, and even more impossible to make, but it would make me happy to know that such a game existed. The basic premise is that you start out as a simple bacteria, controlling a single representative member of the species. Over the course of the game, you become more and more complex through semi-random mutation, player initiated conjugation/transformation, and rarely through viral transduction or endocytosis. Once you're a eukaryote, you can start working toward multicellularity and then to cell specialization.

At this point you get a little more control over the process, and get to work out different systems from a design standpoint as you become more complex and able to specialize cells more, eventually achieving sentience and winning the game. Through the whole thing you still control your representative member, and have to survive day to day as well as successfully find a mate. The AI for this game would have to be very clever though, to work out a decent survival strategy for the various abominations players create and for the other critters walking around. Ideally, some of the last few iterations of your species should survive and diverge. Double bonus crazy points if you are the first life on [PLANET] and EVERY species is derived from yours.

As I type this, it's sounding more and more like the manifestation of an idealized version of Spore, as dreamed up by a particularly insane microbiologist.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:22:55 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: September 11, 2014, 09:45:17 pm »

A side-scrolling beat 'em up sandbox game.

Terraria meets Streets of Rage.

Also multi-dimensional travel.
I'm not quite sure how you would make this a sandbox, but it does sound like something I'd like.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: September 12, 2014, 01:41:14 am »

I really like space games, and I've been trying to figure out how to describe one that I want where the basic premise is Civilization in space.  But I don't mean like Galactic Civilization(or any other game where each planet is basically a city) or the new Civ game they're making(though it does also look really cool).  I just recently realized that Planetary Annihilation is actually the closest to what I want in appearance and mechanics, but with the planets being more like individual Civ maps.  I think that gets my idea across pretty well, but I'm still gonna say more about it :)

Generally when I'm thinking about this, it's in a setting where there's space travel and easy terraforming but no FTL travel, so everything is confined to the same solar system.  I want empires competing for resources on Earth, Mars, Europa, and the asteroid belt, rather than trying to manage several cities on several worlds across 40 stars with competition everywhere.  Of course, I'd also like random solar systems with different stars and worlds as well.  I actually don't personally want to design my own ships, though I understand that's a common draw in games like this.  I'm not particularly interested in alien races either since my ideal is for most of the empires to start on the same world, though I can think of situations where they might be really interesting.  A thousand year old colony ship from a distant star reaching its destination and colonizing Mars as the trigger for Solar Expansion.  Intelligent life on Venus that needs that kind of incredibly deadly climate in order to survive, and wants to change the atmosphere of every planet in the system for their own colonies.  A nation conquered by robotic AI with completely different views of what it needs to progress than what its former human leaders would have expected.

I would like it if worlds visually changed as they where terraformed, based on the goals of the shaper.  I want the independent city-states, but I want them to form over the course of a game from cities sending out independent settler-ships.  I want 2000 years or more worth of technologies that don't even exist yet.  I want conquest, diplomacy, glassed continents, culture, wonders, and space.  I want a civ game where you start 50 years from now instead of the stone age.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: September 12, 2014, 02:05:59 am »

I want to see a 4x TBS like Galactic Civs but the space ships and planets are one in the same.  The only difference is that one has giant rockets attached to it Planetary Annihilation style and the other is stationary.

Also the most basic form of combat is volley-firing nukes between planets.  The attacker assigns nukes to tiles of the defender's planet, and then they defend with a mix of stationary guns that work automatically and counter-missiles that can be assigned to defend any part of the planet.  Whether a nuke gets stopped is random, with each defense having a % chance of knocking out one nuke.  Thus both sides have to chose which structures are most important to them.  The attacker can spread the missiles out to cause maximum destruction, or focus on key targets and risk that the defender will simply let some through and they'll waste shots nuking the same target more than once.

Since this would result in both sides getting nuked many times everyone would have an incentive to resolve things peacefully unless they can get an overwhelming advantage.

But yeah, the image of two planets flying close to each other and then exchanging huge volleys of nukes, with even the attacker being devastated at the end of the fight seems very epic.  Obviously this is soft sci-fi.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JOKER_G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: September 12, 2014, 04:33:12 am »

A cross-breed of Space Engineers and KSP. I wonder if it will be available in Space Engineers to travel between different planets ,land on surface and build huge colony.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: September 12, 2014, 04:47:15 am »

Not bad, especially not if you advertised it a little on smaller gaming subreddits. God knows, getting something like this to a place where devs would be more likely to see it isn't a bad thing.

Could be good (game gets made), could be bad (a whole host of problems).

Legal ramifications. Also, game devs who are likely to make a good game already have their own ideas. It seems likely that a studio trawling the thread for ideas would probably fail to meet expectations - or worse, shit out some with pay-to-win/social gaming abomination and then make a million bucks (literally) by doing everything Wrong.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: September 12, 2014, 08:42:44 am »

SEMI-IMPORTANT!
I'm just gonna leave this here...
(yeah, I kind of gave the sub to someone else after realizing I couldn't properly run it myself... *runs away*)
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 577