Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955224 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4305 on: August 08, 2014, 06:34:17 am »

Divinity: Original Sin sorta does that.

Also Saints Row IV, I think :D

And there is another game where the entire gimmick is that you develop relationships in order to gain a "Combined form" that uses their powers.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: August 09, 2014, 09:00:09 am »

What about Persona?
Making relationships is the way you get more powerful things and stuff.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: August 09, 2014, 10:32:46 am »

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: August 09, 2014, 11:45:23 am »

I had a dream in which you could unlock new abilities by forming relations with people.
If your disposition towards them was positive, you could get powers that mirrored or complemented theirs. If negative, you'd get powers that counteract theirs.
I think that would be cool to have in a game.

In a way, Alpha Protocol's Handler system works like this, except it's less strictly powers and more bonuses. But bonuses for your handler loving you or hating your guts are equally beneficial and useful, with the MIDDLE being the least interesting.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: August 09, 2014, 02:44:49 pm »

Games that mix something genuinely useful into the entertainment, which i imagine would prevent burnout.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: August 09, 2014, 06:37:09 pm »

A sequel to the Binding of Isaac.
Oh, wait...

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: August 10, 2014, 06:35:01 pm »

A first person space game in which players man specific stations on a ship while facing either AI or other players with their own ships. Think a combination of FTL and Guns of Icarus.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: August 10, 2014, 07:28:54 pm »

I'd like to see the typical roguelike control scheme, except instead of dungeon diving you're a single crewman on a larger spaceship that can be modified with a construction system.  You can give orders to other crewman if you outrank them, or receive orders (usually telling you to do something like man a system, repair something, or fight off intruders) if you aren't the captain.  And of course you could start as captain if you didn't want to be bossed around, or owning a one man ship if you don't want to worry about NPCs.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:30 am »

I would like an adventure game set in the Star Wars universe, done by Telltale. Probably set in that virtually untapped time period between the end of the Clone Wars and the events of the Original Trilogy, dealing with the increased paranoia, xenophobia, and ruthlessness of the fledgling Empire. No Jedi, just ordinary folks trying to survive an increasingly violent galaxy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:53 am »

You know what I'd like? A sandbox-style game set in a magic school a la Harry Potter or Familiar of Zero, with the complexity of Dwarf Fortress, both in the 'what you can do' and in interactions with other people. Preferably with a randomly-generated plot for each year, but also with a mode in which you just have to get through the school year, no saving the world or anything.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: August 12, 2014, 06:24:55 am »

A randomly generated infinite tower defense game, with procedural monsters in each wave (which are also random, with some limits to prevent unwinnable or too easy waves) and randomly generated levels. Possibly with some metagame progression involved where you can upgrade your towers and powers and such.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:10 am »

The terrain mechanics of 'From Dust' with tactical RTS features from 'Men of War'
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4317 on: August 12, 2014, 10:31:36 am »

The terrain mechanics of 'From Dust' with tactical RTS features from 'Men of War'
I played From Dust to death. How would that even work..?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: August 12, 2014, 10:35:34 am »

The terrain system in From Dust was pretty great.
A lot of it in how good it feels to find things out about it. Like the fact that it has erosion and deposition.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4319 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:35 am »

I thought he was talking about the mechanic of lifting chunks of terrain and moving them.  ._.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 577