Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955806 times)

Gulddom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4155 on: July 06, 2014, 10:36:24 pm »

Insaniquarium but with resolution options and more fish. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: July 06, 2014, 10:47:20 pm »

I think I remember seeing some games a couple years ago where you explore the ocean.  Would something like that work?
I'm watching my brother play Endless Ocean right now. It's not exactly... endless. However, it does fit the wish to a T.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: July 06, 2014, 10:59:38 pm »

If Endless Ocean is the one, it does sound right, but I don't own a Wii.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: July 07, 2014, 12:07:48 am »

I would like to have an open world exploration game where the focus was just on exploration, nothing else. No violence, no quests, possibly no people. I guess a bit like the game Proteus, but with more interaction with the environment. Or like one of the elder scrolls games with the enemies and people removed, and the wildlife made non-aggressive. A world where you could find and explore caves and ruins, or just wander around forests or along coasts if you wanted.

It's a vague idea, I know.
Space Engine has no goals other than to explore the universe. Not much interaction sadly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: July 07, 2014, 12:13:05 am »

You also might want to take a look at Outer Wilds.  It is a space exploration game.   There isn't much of a challenge when it comes to actual space navigation, but it has some interesting mechanics to it, and there is a decent bit of mystery involved in everything.  Game is in alpha, however, so you can't unlock the mystery behind everything yet.  Lots of little nooks and cranies to discover in that solar system.  The closest you might try to come to combat is ramming your ship into some of the beasties that inhabit the darker parts of the system. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: July 07, 2014, 12:25:07 am »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:42:35 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: July 07, 2014, 12:32:34 am »

Why hasn't anyone reccomended Noctis to Varnish? That's literally what it is outside of the interaction. All the exploring of planets you can stomach though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: July 07, 2014, 12:35:46 am »

I thought Noctis was a dead project and pretty much unsupported for modern systems *shrug*

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: July 07, 2014, 12:47:57 am »

Thats not true, Noctis V will come out one day, just you wait and see!
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: July 07, 2014, 12:50:15 am »

Well Endless Ocean is also kinda unsupported and for a dead system. I don't see what's so different about older PC games.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: July 07, 2014, 12:59:47 am »

Unless you have an older computer to play the older computer games on, there's no guarantee that the older games will work with newer hardware and software.

DOS games, for instance, require emulation to play on just about anything newer than Windows XP :P

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: July 07, 2014, 01:46:20 am »

I could have sworn that I played Noctis before, but nothing about it looks familiar. Was there some sort of top-down survival game with a similar name?

I actually kind of want an exploration game that is not in a procedurally generated world or universe. I mean, I know the idea of those is re-playability, but I imagine a game with a hand crafted world could be a lot more interesting.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: July 07, 2014, 01:54:25 am »

The top-down game you're (probably) thinking of is Notrium.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: July 07, 2014, 02:04:38 am »

I could have sworn that I played Noctis before, but nothing about it looks familiar. Was there some sort of top-down survival game with a similar name?

I actually kind of want an exploration game that is not in a procedurally generated world or universe. I mean, I know the idea of those is re-playability, but I imagine a game with a hand crafted world could be a lot more interesting.

Golden Sun 2? :P

(its not actually a survival game, its a JRPG.  But it gives you a ship at one point and let's you go explore the ocean and go on adventures, so it felt like an exploration game when I was a kid)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: July 07, 2014, 02:57:14 am »

There was a game which was hand made and focused entirely on exploration. Came out maybe 3-4 years ago? I remember screen shots of it had a lot of blues and purples with caves and underground mushroom forests or something.

Quick search. "Dear Esther" is the one I'm thinking of.

But yes, I agree a hand crafted world is nicer than a procedurally generated one because they can have those little touches in small places that really encourage careful exploration. "Sacred 2" is a nice example of that, there's a number of references to movies and other games hidden around the world, as well as mini bosses.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 577