Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956363 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3930 on: April 28, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »

A game where you have a big desert to walk around. Massive. Changing weather and day night cycles. And you just wander. And stuff might happen. I'd like that.

So... Kenshi 1.0, whenever it comes out? http://www.lofigames.com/
I've seen that one. Looks cool.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: April 28, 2014, 06:23:39 pm »

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, but with the original game's voice acting and cutscene direction. And some more Ninja VR missions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3932 on: April 28, 2014, 06:25:41 pm »

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, but with the original game's voice acting and cutscene direction. And some more Ninja VR missions.
^^This so much.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: April 28, 2014, 10:59:27 pm »

I want King of Dragon Pass, Caveman-style. Manage a tribe of primitives, competing against other tribes on a large island somewhere. Choose your Totem animal. Create the hierarchy of your tribe from your brightest tribesmen. Seek the favor of savage, primordial Gods. Expand your tribe, raid your enemies and eat meat. Put your shaman or witch doctor or holy man to work, endure tsunamis, volcanic eruptions and attacks from bloodthirsty beastman of the jungle. Die of easily preventable diseases and minor injuries and try not to wake the things that sleep under the ground.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: April 29, 2014, 01:23:03 am »

Old Xcom, as a party game. Every player has control over one rookie, and actions on the Geoscape are awarded to MVPs. So, the best players get to decide what gets researched and where to send the Skyranger. The end goal is to be the last player standing, or have the most successful operations attributed to your decisions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: April 29, 2014, 04:04:57 am »

Ok here is a game that exists but I don't remember its name. I believe it is a PS1 or PS2 game and it goes like this:

It is a Turn based Mech combat game, and when you go into combat you have a certain period of combat time. There are Short, medium, and Long range mechs.

Along with the mech you get two compliments of infantry all who do something different. Some infantry will harm enemy mechs, some heal your mech, and some even specialize in killing enemy troops. This is because they are split into: Soldier, Engineer, Medic, and Snipers.

What is this game called?

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: April 29, 2014, 10:13:01 am »

I'd really like to see games that are more rp oriented. I always thought it would be really fun to have a game set in your traditional medieval fantasy world. The only thing is that the game lacks humanoid npcs. Everything is controlled by players. Inns and shops are own and run by players, players are town guards, some are adventurers, some are farmers, players can even be royalty where an entire nation is run by players, and wars are created and fought by players. Of course there'd still be npcs like dragons and wildlife. Every once in awhile a criminal will steal from or some animal will destroy some players farm or something. That player can then give a stronger more combat oriented player a quest. You know, kind of like an mmorpg but players run everything and its more rp oriented. If someone knows a game like this please tell.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: April 29, 2014, 10:14:33 am »

I'd really like to see games that are more rp oriented. I always thought it would be really fun to have a game set in your traditional medieval fantasy world. The only thing is that the game lacks humanoid npcs. Everything is controlled by players. Inns and shops are own and run by players, players are town guards, some are adventurers, some are farmers, players can even be royalty where an entire nation is run by players, and wars are created and fought by players. Of course there'd still be npcs like dragons and wildlife. Every once in awhile a criminal will steal from or some animal will destroy some players farm or something. That player can then give a stronger more combat oriented player a quest. You know, kind of like an mmorpg but players run everything and its more rp oriented. If someone knows a game like this please tell.

Do you have Mount & Blade: Warband? If so, HERE YOU GO.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: April 29, 2014, 10:45:30 am »

I think that's been tried a few times, I've never played them but I think games like...hearth and home? and Wurm? tried it to an extent (even ultima online tried it to an extent).

But the problem is that you have wayyyyyy more players wanting to be adventurers and very few wanting to be farmers/town guards/shop keepers, even if you balance it out with NPCs and stuff, it still becomes mainly adventures and exciting professions being dominated.
I would like a shift towards more player controlled gaming though, a bit like Eve (with corporations and stuff) on a more local scale with player royalty/commanders who actively controlled everything.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: May 06, 2014, 08:29:59 am »

I want to see the original Ace of Spades with a big, active community (it has a community, it's just not very big), people not being the world's biggest douchebags and actually being at least responsive to teamwork (even though I myself tend to go on solo guerilla missions :P) and no lag.

...It's a wish thread, right.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: May 06, 2014, 09:13:17 am »

I want to see the original Ace of Spades with a big, active community (it has a community, it's just not very big), people not being the world's biggest douchebags and actually being at least responsive to teamwork (even though I myself tend to go on solo guerilla missions :P) and no lag.

People not being douchebags and being responsive to teamwork in an online game (excluding more organized clans) is a pipe dream in itself.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

blazing glory

« Reply #3941 on: May 06, 2014, 09:50:46 am »

People not being douchebags and being responsive to teamwork in an online game (excluding more organized clans) is a pipe dream in itself.

Unless somehow Dwarf fortress is made into a online game....

If that happened then everyone would be a polite coherent bunch of psychotic lunatics.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: May 06, 2014, 12:41:22 pm »

Well the original Ace of Spades had it. People would build bunkers etc for other people to come to and move forward the front and the like.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: May 06, 2014, 04:40:58 pm »

Well the original Ace of Spades had it. People would build bunkers etc for other people to come to and move forward the front and the like.

Those were the days, man...
I played some B&S today though, and the game itself is still decent (well it has not changed for like two years now), but the community...
No.

I've seen less toxic people in MOBAs of all things.
Not to mention the undying Brazilian community of this game. Gotta give them credit for that, once everyone will have moved along to play something else, the BR people will still be there, with their caps locks permamently on, accusing each other of hacking...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: May 06, 2014, 05:14:47 pm »

Ace of Spades was nice if you exclude the people who would destroy their own team's bases.  There weren't that many of them back when I played but boy were they a problem.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 577