Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956158 times)

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3345 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:20 pm »

It would be interesting to see some kind of cross between Pokemon and the post-game/stat system of Disgaea.

I know it sounds weird, but hear me out. In such a game, most of the gameplay of traditional pokemon would remain... but pokemon stats would be far more flexible than they are now. (In disgaea's postgame, you can usually make almost any character good at almost anything with enough effort grinding) For example, you take a designated "tank" like blissey or something, and decide that you want it to be decent at attacking things (above and beyond what EVs can do now). So you put the effort in and then that blissey can do that. Perhaps moves and abilities can be transferred around too, with even more effort...

How would this be balanced? Hell if I know. I guess I'm just annoyed that competitive pokemon is relegated to a small number of "good" pokemon, and none of the pokemon I actually like tend to fall into that category. (As much as I like Farfetch'd for example, I know that he's totally useless. Makes me sad.  :-\ )

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: November 11, 2013, 06:13:45 pm »

I do like trying to use pokemon in ways they aren't supposed to be used.

Like Breloom. Breloom is weak to Flying at x4. Flying type moves aren't rare. Breloom dosen't have the HP or Defense to really be a contender.

Breloom's got an ability, Poison Heal. You poison it, it gains HP back. Assuming it survives a hit, you're OK if you give it Toxic Orb. The opponent won't try stealing it either, since it's a BAD item to have. Add to this with high Speed, Giga Drain, and either Ingrain or Synthesis, if it can learn either.

So, the plan is to "live forever with regeneration".

---

I can totally see where you're coming from, though. I'd love it if you had a not-so-infrequent chance of getting a "unique" pokemon, as in, not shiny. You're let on by the fact it has an ability it shouldn't, maybe it knows an attack it couldn't, maybe it's an entirely different TYPE than it should be. A postgame system like that, or possibly an ENTIRE MULTIPLAYER SYSTEM based around it, so that oldfags can classic, yet people can go for a much newer thing. Unfortunately, it just makes people hack harder when suddenly, anything is legal.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: November 15, 2013, 06:39:42 am »

I'd quite like an infinite - levelling pokemon game, the issue is battles will simply be won by grinding rather than strategy. :(

A game I'd really like (well, a mod!) would be to Transpose Dominions 3 into CK 2's engine. :D

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: November 15, 2013, 06:47:03 am »

I'd quite like an infinite - levelling pokemon game, the issue is battles will simply be won by grinding rather than strategy. :(

A game I'd really like (well, a mod!) would be to Transpose Dominions 3 into CK 2's engine. :D
d
I've finally reached level 2,147,483,648!... Wait what....
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: November 15, 2013, 12:23:45 pm »

Surely you mean Dom 4? But yes, I want a grand strategy game with a Dom 3-4 like race and magic system. Although I'd prefer a more in depth crafting system than what Dom 3-4 has.

I kinda want a large Pangaea like continent with several inland seas and like, 4000 provinces. It would be nice to become a powerful emperor and suddenly get rofl stomped by a neighboring nation. Put magic/crafting/resource control on top of that and wow.

I almost made my own 4000 province single landmass map mod for CK2 called The 1000 Kingdoms, with literally 1000 independent nations at game start. Of course over the course of 100 years those would get compressed to like 100 nations. And like 5-10 of them would have well over 1000 holdings.

I downloaded Umbra Spherae for an attempt to play something similar, but meh, a lot of the stuff doesn't have much political depth, and the new religions don't have cool special stuff. India in particular is kinda meh. Not enough good CBs.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: November 18, 2013, 09:04:20 am »

*ahem*
A cRPG based on the Slavic folklore.

That is all.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: November 18, 2013, 10:01:02 am »

I'd like to see a new FPS game that goes by 90's FPS conventions. Huge jumps, par times, open levels with no objective except "get to the exit", crazy powerful superweapons, etc.

If there ever will be such a thing as an indie FPS (excluding ones with a special twist like Superhot or Receiver), I imagine that they'd follow this sort of formula.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: November 18, 2013, 10:03:13 am »

Surely you mean Dom 4? But yes, I want a grand strategy game with a Dom 3-4 like race and magic system. Although I'd prefer a more in depth crafting system than what Dom 3-4 has.

I kinda want a large Pangaea like continent with several inland seas and like, 4000 provinces. It would be nice to become a powerful emperor and suddenly get rofl stomped by a neighboring nation. Put magic/crafting/resource control on top of that and wow.

I almost made my own 4000 province single landmass map mod for CK2 called The 1000 Kingdoms, with literally 1000 independent nations at game start. Of course over the course of 100 years those would get compressed to like 100 nations. And like 5-10 of them would have well over 1000 holdings.

I downloaded Umbra Spherae for an attempt to play something similar, but meh, a lot of the stuff doesn't have much political depth, and the new religions don't have cool special stuff. India in particular is kinda meh. Not enough good CBs.

I'd probably split the world into a massive continent, with two lesser continents (about 60 and 20% of the original respectively), so that the sea nations had some traction underwater.

It would start with everyone being the same religion and thus having few if any reason to go to war, however, soon the Pantokrator leaves and new pretenders pop up...

NINJA : Itsnotlogical, try the new Rise of The Triad. It's not perfect, but it looks pretty good. :D

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: November 18, 2013, 07:29:08 pm »

I'd like a puzzle or strategy game like Lego World Builder. For those who don't know, Lego World Builder and it's sequel, World Builder 2, were flash games on the Lego website where you could control, disassemble, and build various Lego models made from a couple different kinds of parts. The parts were basically just blocks of different colors, some tires, and batteries, but it was cool how you could move a bunch of ducks into place and disassemble them over a pile of tires and use that to build a dumptruck.

Oh, and batteries were important, since you used up their power when a model moved or used it's special abilities, and the level of energy would transfer over to the models built with them, and the energy was drained when they took damage from enemies. The only way to recharge them was at stations that could recharge models that were of a certain type (like the Gas Station for land vehicles or the Robot Lab for robots) or using a Repairbot (which had it's only energy to deal with; I don't quite recall whether or not a pair of Repairbots could repair each other enough to actually create surplus energy). There was also the building that creates batteries on adjacent empty squares in World Builder 2, though that's only a viable energy strategy if you have enough Blueprints to build multiple copies of what you're using, since you had to disassemble a model to put in a new battery.

So anyway, the basic idea to take away from the game is the idea of having a basically finite pool of different kinds of resources that you use to build things, which you need to cannibalize from your units to accomplish goals (World Builder 2 somewhat changed this up with it's various buildings that could generate blocks in certain instances, but it still somewhat follows the basic idea). Also integral to the idea is the idea of energy, which is lost with action and is not regained just when something is destroyed, and so needs to be regained in other ways. There should also be some limit to what the player can build, maybe not necessarily the implementation of one-use blueprints, but something so that you can't just disassemble and reassemble however many times you want (I assume; I guess it's possible this could work out).

To take the idea further, it would be cool if the game wasn't limited to the puzzle idea and you had some freedom in the way you used things, like choosing what units you had available to build on a level or whatever and going to town building your setup. Probably combine this with a large map you need to explore with various resources spread throughout, and perhaps include some entropy with resources other than energy, maybe some of the material is lost when you take something apart.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: November 19, 2013, 01:09:32 am »

I'd like to see a new FPS game that goes by 90's FPS conventions. Huge jumps, par times, open levels with no objective except "get to the exit", crazy powerful superweapons, etc.

If there ever will be such a thing as an indie FPS (excluding ones with a special twist like Superhot or Receiver), I imagine that they'd follow this sort of formula.

Sadly all FPS game these days have to be this "ded srs bsns WW3 grayworld suicide-inducing depression".
Which sucks because those games are not even fun anymore.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: November 19, 2013, 01:27:10 am »

Sadly all FPS game these days have to be this "ded srs bsns WW3 grayworld suicide-inducing depression".
Which sucks because those games are not even fun anymore.
Which is why I like halo so goddamn much.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: November 19, 2013, 01:33:36 am »

Have you tried Painkiller, by any chance? It may be something like what you're looking for.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: November 19, 2013, 02:57:53 am »

Have you tried Painkiller, by any chance? It may be something like what you're looking for.

Yah, Painkiller and Serious Sam 1 and 2 are the ones most like that of the top of my head. The Rise of the Triad remake is supposed to be similar to the original but I haven't played it.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: November 19, 2013, 10:45:22 am »

I'd like to see a remake of The Immortal.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: November 19, 2013, 11:10:24 am »

Yah, Painkiller and Serious Sam 1 and 2 are the ones most like that of the top of my head. The Rise of the Triad remake is supposed to be similar to the original but I haven't played it.

Maybe you'd be interested in the upcoming indie game Bloodcrusher 2.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/bloodcrusher-ii
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 577