Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955313 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2925 on: August 26, 2013, 01:09:31 am »

A game in which you play a random civilian in a small third-world country being extorted by American corporations. The objective is to survive the hellish conditions of your job.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:17 am »

Sounds like a rather heavy-handed PSA game to me, but still has potential. As long as it doesn't give you a direct message, and leaves you to figure things out on your own, it has a chance.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2927 on: August 26, 2013, 01:43:14 am »

Warhammer 40k Tabletop, but on a computer. Can fight randomized armies of any race, or against your friends.
YESSSSSSS.
But then people would stop buying workshop figures at arm-and-a-leg prices and then where would we be?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: August 26, 2013, 01:49:21 am »

Warhammer 40k Tabletop, but on a computer. Can fight randomized armies of any race, or against your friends.
YESSSSSSS.
But then people would stop buying workshop figures at arm-and-a-leg prices and then where would we be?

We would be able to retain all of our limbs?

I seem to remember someone had created a program for playing Warhammer on a computer between two people, it wasn't really much more then a board with all the pieces needed to play as you still needed rule books to know how to play (You know, like templates, measuring sticks and so on). I stopped hearing about it soon after it went to a donate-to-play system or somesuch.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: August 26, 2013, 03:12:16 am »

YESSSSSSS.

We would be able to retain all of our limbs?

I seem to remember someone had created a program for playing Warhammer on a computer between two people, it wasn't really much more then a board with all the pieces needed to play as you still needed rule books to know how to play (You know, like templates, measuring sticks and so on). I stopped hearing about it soon after it went to a donate-to-play system or somesuch.

As far as I know, Vassal is still free and not just for WH40K. I didn't think it was that good though, it pretty much relies on you knowing of somebody specific you want to play.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Maxsimal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: August 26, 2013, 04:16:45 am »

A sci fi or SF+ fantasy Space 4x game with a strong diplomacy & strategy AI.

There's a crop of space 4x games that have come out recently, but I've been pretty disappointed with all of them.  Partially, it's the standard "Noone's recaptured MOO2, much less improved on it" gripe.  But a lot of it is just how badly the AI sucks, even compared to non-space 4x games.

To me, a good diplomacy AI/game would include:
- A good understanding of when a player is starting to enter the 'steamroller' state, to up the challenge by allying with former enemies to stop the steam roller.
- An appropriate penalty or Cassus Belli system to prevent a player from being a backstabbing bastard without suffering the consequences.
- The ability + incentive to 'declare intentions' to other parties.  When human players play, they routinely tell each other what they're thinking/doing (with lies, of course).   AI's, either don't tell you what they're thinking, or they do but the game never requires the player himself to do that, giving the player a large advantage as the AI.   

The idea of course is to have players have a strong incentive to play diplomatically even with AI players.  This does not prevent backstabbing, but backstabbing should have the appropriate consequences. 

Strategic AI is similarly awful.  Most 4x AI's don't identify front line/rear line systems, and they tend to throw under-powered fleets at predicatable systems so that even if a player is in a 'weak' position (usually only due to game start handicapping), he can just play defensively and economically efficiently until he catches up to the AI's economy while the AI wastes resources attacking something they can't defeat.   Similarly, on defense, the AI tends to throw everything willy-nilly at the player's doom stack.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58:20 am »

What the fuck is a speed trap town?
A town that makes most of it's money through the ticketing and fining of speeding drivers.
What, if any, town is that?
Apparently quite a few.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:04:03 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: August 26, 2013, 08:01:18 am »

A game in which you play a random civilian in a small third-world country being extorted by American corporations. The objective is to survive the hellish conditions of your job.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't see why this couldn't work. Papers Please works beautifully and it is basically a bureaucracy sim.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: August 26, 2013, 10:25:58 am »

An open-world strategy-RPG sequel to Iji with base-building, epic wars and hacking goodness.
Heck, I think I even have a trailer theme for it!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: August 26, 2013, 05:46:45 pm »

Since being sick with a fever and sore throat has given me plenty of time to rewatch Neon Genesis Evangelion, I'd like to see a game that captures the feeling of the show without becoming a cutscene-laden borefest or incomprehensible mish-mash of minigames like the Japan-only N64 game. Maybe it could be done as an XCom-like strategy game, but beyond that I have no ideas. :-\

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: August 26, 2013, 05:56:49 pm »

Speaking of N64, I think I want a new BlastCorps. Maybe from a TPS/over-the-shoulder perspective. Basically RF:Guerilla with much higher building density and you use various vehicles to destroy buildings instead of weapons.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2936 on: August 26, 2013, 06:10:55 pm »

Speaking of N64, I think I want a new BlastCorps. Maybe from a TPS/over-the-shoulder perspective. Basically RF:Guerilla with much higher building density and you use various vehicles to destroy buildings instead of weapons.
+1

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: August 27, 2013, 01:10:22 pm »

GHOST MASTER 2 GODDAMNIT!

Either that, or cooperative multiplayer GM where everyone controls a single haunter (not this Haunter, mind you), struggling to finish pseudo-randomly generated missions (as in, the game chooses the location, a pool of mortals, and possible extras like "There's a psychic" or "This place is full of wards and other Ghostbreaker fanciness").

I mean, the first game already had a pretty decent variety of haunters (a MOBA-worthy one, I dare say.), except that it lacked children ghosts. :\
And the game itself had, what, 4 children? total that you could fetter a handful of haunters to.GHOST MASTER 2 GODDAMNIT!

In this day and age, it would probably have some degree of persistent open-worldliness and, given today's developers, pay-to-win ghosts (*cough*Darkling*cough*) and whatnot, but whatever, dude.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:12:25 pm by DarkDXZ »

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: August 27, 2013, 01:26:48 pm »

Bee simulator in ASCII graphics , hive managment, ability to select new home for new generations, mutate or play as those "attacking" bees .

Raid houses, maybe if you mutate you would fight against some people trying to kill your mutated bees

Select where next generations will settle, fight other bee species

Imagine it... Flying near some water pool and stinging fat girl to chest... and after that attacking her in her sleep.. and eating her flesh, I know kinda crazy but I would like if such game would exist

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: August 27, 2013, 01:28:31 pm »

Bee simulator in ASCII graphics , hive managment, ability to select new home for new generations, mutate or play as those "attacking" bees .

Raid houses, maybe if you mutate you would fight against some people trying to kill your mutated bees

Select where next generations will settle, fight other bee species

Imagine it... Flying near some water pool and stinging fat girl to chest... and after that attacking her in her sleep.. and eating her flesh, I know kinda crazy but I would like if such game would exist

Wait a moment...
Here it is. My vision of your idea.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 577