Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955110 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2835 on: August 15, 2013, 11:19:06 am »

I played the original AoS since April 2012.
But everything changed when the fire nation Jagex attacked took over...

I know that there's the Build and Shoot thing, but still, that is just sad.
And I even paid those scrubbags money for this game! WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Also, most of those games don't have the aesthetic I'm looking for.
Nice to know EA is reaching out to the independent scene.

What has EA to do with this? It's the f%@$* Jagex that dumbed the game down to unacceptable levels.
Besides, I don't touch anything that EA touched without a twenty-meter-long pole tractor beam. And I'd recommend you to do the same.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:21:02 am by DarkDXZ »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: August 15, 2013, 11:24:23 am »

I was joking. It does seem like a very EA thing to do, though.

exdeathbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 15, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

IDEA 1
Setting is future one country decided to use satellite controlled robots, other use humans
the robot side fight in a real time tatical way and the other in a FPS way.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: August 15, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »

Jagex... the purveyors of Runescape.

Hmm, how about a game with the ridiculous amount of crafting available in RS, but with actual fun gameplay?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: August 15, 2013, 02:51:23 pm »

Jagex... the purveyors of Runescape.

Hmm, how about a game with the ridiculous amount of crafting available in RS, but with actual fun gameplay?
That would be incredible. I once had a membership to RS on my parent's credit card, but the card got cancelled and really my only thoughts on the loss of the membership were, "Know what? GOOD," and I haven't played it since then. There's plenty to do in that game, but it feels a little bit too grindy, and the combat was crappy.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16:44 pm »

More than a bit grindy. And just standing stiffly in front of things, trading blows, that's "combat"...

Yeah, the reason I played it was for the glass blowing and all that other stuff.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: August 16, 2013, 05:50:53 am »

A game with extensive base-building and class-based shooting.

Think Ace of Spades, but taken up to eleven with TF2 theme and aesthetics.

I know there's the FortWars mod for TF2, but it's just spam and a crapshoot when it comes to lag and actual base-building, which has a finesse of a gang rape.

To elaborate.

The game is a communist levelless MMO set in a persistent, fully destructible world full of initially unguarded control points that two main factions in the game fight for. Some control points are easier to capture and have less stuff in them, such as small ammunition packs and medkits (yeah, this game has medkits and ammo packs, TF2-style), while the more important ones might have stuff like crafting stations and weapon caches.
There are multiple classes in the game to choose from, but since I'm a diehard TF2 fanboy, let there be nine - Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy Weapons Guy, Engineer, Medic, Sniper and Spy.

Throughout the game, players will be able to find and pick up new weapons and weapon attachments in caches around the control points. Excess weapons can be smelted down into metal that can be crafted into other weapons/weapon attachments at the crafting stations.
Weapons attachments are specific to certain types of weapons (you have rocket launcher attachments, which can work with any rocket launcher for the Soldier, you have shotgun attachments which work for any shotgun for any class that can use shotguns etc.) and they give certain bonuses, but also further downsides. For instance, you can have a revolver silencer that, well, reduces the weapon's sound volume and increases the accuracy but hampers the damage by, say, 40%. On top of the weapon's normal extra stats and downsides.

Yeah, every weapon outside the basic weaponry you're given at the start has one or more upside and one or more downside. So all the extra weapons that you get are situational and for the most part you are meant to use the stock ones.

Ammo and health are a problem. They are scarce, and respawn areas are far away from each other. This gives a big emphasis on teamwork and makes stuff like the teleporters and mobility-based weapons important.

In short, Team Fortress 2's great (im)balance meets Planetside's scale of battles.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: August 16, 2013, 07:02:26 am »

Third person shooter, FPS, stealth game, RPG, adventure, any game with somewhat cartoony graphics would work with this idea.

It's just a regular game at first, it plays like any other game of its genre, nothing really outstanding. But at regular intervals in the story, there are musical cutscenes that help move the story along like in a Disney movie. They could be rhythm minigames depending on the user's settings, but they actually tie in with the story. Final Fantasy VI's opera scene is what I'm thinking, except it actually has something to do with the game at hand instead of just being a nice musical break.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: August 16, 2013, 08:01:00 am »

I would which for a strategy game that would be like a mix of Europa Universalis and Civilization with a tad of Total War in the strategic part but featuring not only a single planet but hundreds of them, and their respective star systems. A turn based strategy game.

With Total War like battles for land and sea battles and Homeworld like battles for the space ones. Or real time tactical game.

With a research system akin to the one of Space Empires V and overall feel of Emperor of the Falling Suns. Where population and resources are taken into account in a local way. No magic piles of resources, if you have steel in one side of the planet and a vehicle in the other side or even in another planet, there must be a way of taking the steel from point A to B.

Oh and with a custom array of design for infantry gear and vehicles load out, but also even buildings and races themselves, like Spore but not aimed at 5 years old, something serious looking. Where in the case of vehicles each design really affects it's performance and fire arcs and such. And borrowing a little from SotS where prototype vehicles have more cost and some vehicles are really nice while sometimes others are kind of lemons. As you progress in technology new types of components, hulls and vehicles are available.

As for the infantry, you get to not only choose the uniform and weapon load out, but can make several types of infantry and then the squad, platoon and company load out. For the individual soldier imagine something along the lines of the Dawn of War army painter but with the Firestorm Over Kronus mod weapons choices, but instead of just painting you choose which weapons they carry and what kind of uniform they use for desert, urban, ice, jungle and so environments, the weapons they will use and their combat behavior. Also while at it, as with the vehicles, you get more things as your tech progress.

As with the infantry squads and companies system, an army and fleet load out system should be used, so instead of you needing to recruit everything individually you can have an template and recruit whole armies and fleets on the whim of a click, the game recruiting and commissioning the vehicles from the nearest/most suitable/convenient planets, factories and shipyards.

And last but not least, a proper naming system for ships, where you can customize if they get random names (from generic or custom lists), numbers or both, and their class and design type are also made clear and if any or all of this is written on the hull or not, where the first of a class can auto get it's class name if you choose to. The same go for army naming, specifically for squad, platoon and company levels.

Graphic wise I would not be much concerned. Something along the lines of Dawn of War level of graphics would be nice but I would be happy even if is something in 2D, however I have heard that even when 2D is less demanding to the machine, quality 2d graphics (Starcraft 1, Age of Empires comes to mind) are actually harder to make than 3d.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:17:30 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: August 16, 2013, 12:35:42 pm »

I want a game that lets you play as a Dalek. And not a flash game.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: August 16, 2013, 12:44:07 pm »

A prequel to Hotline Miami that takes place during the 70s. More grimy and depressing, like most crime films during that era. Perhaps set in New York for extra griminess?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: August 16, 2013, 12:54:01 pm »

If you're looking for grit, 70's Detroit would be even better.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: August 16, 2013, 01:06:30 pm »

Hotline Detroit does have a ring to it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: August 16, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »

Ummm who would have it tough? Huge Jackman is a Doctor Who fan.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: August 16, 2013, 02:30:18 pm »

Wait, what?
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 577