Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956244 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2640 on: July 10, 2013, 02:23:52 am »

Off the top of my head a single player procedurally-generated succession-based Harvest Moon/Haven and Hearth/The Sims sandbox roguelike sounds like something I'd play. Also a Vampire: The Masquerade sandbox roguelike with permadeath and access to all thirteen clans might be interesting. I think I might have that MMO on mind mind again...
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: July 10, 2013, 04:36:50 am »

A sandbox perma-death game featuring the inhabitants of King Kong's skull island.  The monstrous animal inhabitants, all the V-rexes and dinosaur-esque species, maybe the insect ones as well.  The timeframe of this game would be probably thousands of years before the events of the movie, so that there would be a sizeable population of Megaprimatus Kong's running around. 

You would be able to play as an individual of a certain species, name your avatar, but attributes and appearance would probably be randomised.  Then you'd go traipsing around, trying to survive.  Megaprimatus Kong and V-rexes would mostly have to contend with just each other, whilst smaller species would not only have to fight but hide from larger predators and unstoppable giants. 

Once your avatar dies, that's over, and reproducing would play an important part in this game, because if you die and you haven't had any children, then you have to play as another random member of your species, instead of as your previous avatar's heir.  Eventually, if you just keeping hopping from creature to creature without breeding, the population of your species would decline.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: July 10, 2013, 07:53:37 am »

@ HugoLuman

Well, I also want Wizardry 9. And Might and magic RTS/RPG.

Fun Fact: Jon Van Caneghem (creator of Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic) actually considered making a real-time strategy Might and Magic game, but then it didn't work out and he went for a turn-based strategy instead.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: July 10, 2013, 09:18:16 pm »

I want a sort of tower defense game where you're trying to defend a shogun.

You'd have to get creative, levelling certain areas (Say you're Carpenter gets very, very skilled with Woodworking. You won't have any metal, but you'll be able to have traps such as noisemaker floors, trapdoors, and fake walkways (designed to break under weight.).

Say you take on a Gardener and, rather than growing tons of poisons, you focus on things like nettles. You then make a maze out of the nettles, injuring all but hte heaviest armored enemies. Tactical design between the two would have nettles then traps requiring speed to get around, causing trouble for all units.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: July 10, 2013, 11:10:35 pm »

@ HugoLuman

God damnit I love the setting of Wizardry 8 so much!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 10, 2013, 11:46:28 pm »

@ HugoLuman

From what I remember when I was looking into the Wizardry series, they've been quite popular over in Japan, to the point that several sequels and remakes have been made as well as a number of games using the same combat and exploration mechanics. While it's not Wizardry 9, they might do the job of tiding you over.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 10, 2013, 11:59:59 pm »

@ HugoLuman

From what I remember when I was looking into the Wizardry series, they've been quite popular over in Japan, to the point that several sequels and remakes have been made as well as a number of games using the same combat and exploration mechanics. While it's not Wizardry 9, they might do the job of tiding you over.

Wizardry 9 would be awesome. But sadly hugely unlikely.

Quote from: Wikipedia
In spite of a 'final save' prior to the final battle, Sir-Tech announced that they had no plans to make a sequel. The company later went out of business.

:(

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: July 11, 2013, 01:33:38 am »

@ HugoLuman

Yes, but while keeping the overall wizardry gameplay, they made games set in your typical anime fantasy setting.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 11, 2013, 02:08:17 am »

@ HugoLuman

Yes, but while keeping the overall wizardry gameplay, they made games set in your typical anime fantasy setting.

Maybe, though I'm sure a few keep the western theme. Here's one I looked into for the DS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Spire
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:37 am »

What I really liked about Wiz8, though, was the setting. You're on some backwater fantasy planet, as backwater fantasy adventurers, in a technologically advanced universe that considers fantasy worlds to be backwards hick planets. But killing android troopers with a mace makes such a wonderful sound...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: July 11, 2013, 01:42:08 pm »

XCOM with diplomacy. Will May expand later.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2651 on: July 11, 2013, 01:51:05 pm »

I want a tower defence game where you have to build the towers, obeying the arbitrary whims of the player and erecting structures and upgrading existing ones as he sees fit.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: July 14, 2013, 09:30:36 am »

Some sort of multiplayer arcade game designed from the ground up to use the Razer Hydra, Virtuix Omni and Oculus Rift. I don't care what type of game it is or even how good it is. I just desperately want a game that combines all this amazing equipment and uses it to its fullest.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: July 14, 2013, 12:50:51 pm »

More varied roguelikes. (or ASCII games)
I mean, sure, we do have Dwarf Fortress, we do have Cataclysm, we do have X@Com and other games, but I feel like we need more variation than fantasy-scifi-apocalypse.

Where are the pirate roguelikes? Games about being a legionist in Roman Empire? The World War I ASCII games.

The current topics are overused and exhausted while there are many more just sitting there and waiting for a faithful game to use them.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: July 14, 2013, 01:59:29 pm »

I do feel like there is just too many space/sci-fi themed games at this moment. Like, there's at least 2 in development with "star" as a part of the name. It's like somebody with a name said that "space sells durr" and suddenly everybody is making space games. This of course refers to the "indie" games, since mainstream remains mainstream-ish.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 577