Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956062 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1140 on: July 05, 2012, 02:57:39 pm »

Maybe active, but certainly reduced in number and influence. During the apoc, even people in a vault-equivalent weren't 100% safe! When play begins you can actually go outside with your donkey and there are people living aboveground.

It's still not entirely post-apocalypse though.
Tail end, sure.  But giant man-eating sanity-destroying monsters still wander through once in a while.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 05, 2012, 03:14:10 pm »

Maybe active, but certainly reduced in number and influence. During the apoc, even people in a vault-equivalent weren't 100% safe! When play begins you can actually go outside with your donkey and there are people living aboveground.

It's still not entirely post-apocalypse though.
Tail end, sure.  But giant man-eating sanity-destroying monsters still wander through once in a while.

So very true. We should call it a TEPA (tail-end post apocalypse). Then again,
Spoiler: fallout spoilers (click to show/hide)
I'd call the entire Fallout series TEPA if Earthdawn is!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 05, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »

I'd call the entire Fallout series TEPA if Earthdawn is!

Won't dispute that.  It's post-apocalypse, but more devastation occurs during the game

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 05, 2012, 05:51:37 pm »

I wish for a game/roguelike that has you start out in a city just before a zombie apocalypse arrives in the city you're in. You can't leave the city because it's all barricaded and eventually, the city will get nuked. You have to either survive until the nuke hits, or find a way out of the city. Pretty much a sandbox game set during the Raccoon City Incident or something similar.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 05, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »

I'd love a game where you build a city, with a guarantee of a disaster sometime. You don't know WHAT disaster, so you can't really plan accordingly, and in the meantime you still have to deal with municipal politics, economy, and industry, but eventually, an alien will attack, a tsunami will crash in, a fault line will rupture, a zombie infection will set in, a nuclear war will go off, or something. And you have to deal with that disaster.

Kind of like Sim City, but the disaster effects last longer than 5 seconds. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 05, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »

INGYPCADA. That will be all. (I think I spelled it right... Look in FG&R to be sure.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 05, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »

I wish for a game/roguelike that has you start out in a city just before a zombie apocalypse arrives in the city you're in. You can't leave the city because it's all barricaded and eventually, the city will get nuked. You have to either survive until the nuke hits, or find a way out of the city. Pretty much a sandbox game set during the Raccoon City Incident or something similar.

So you want to play in Bug City?
Spoiler: they nuked Chicago.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 10, 2012, 02:24:38 pm »

Rome: Total War with good voice acting. R:TW 2 is coming out in 2013, so hopefully that'll deliver.

Edit that will probably never be read: it didn't.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:33:58 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 10, 2012, 02:40:45 pm »

A spectacle fighter with DF's damage logic would be welcome in my library.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 10, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »

A spectacle fighter with DF's damage logic would be welcome in my library.
I think it would be in anybody's.
Especially if they get some good crunch and rip sounds in. Oh yes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 10, 2012, 03:23:59 pm »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. My dream is a multiplayer game with purely physics-based damage and a focus on player industry. The physics don't have to be ACCURATE to real life, but they should be CONSISTENT internally.
Blunt force can disrupt the structure of brittle materials, pointy things displace stretchy materials.

I can drop a "sphere, lead, 10mm" into a "pipe, iron, 50cm, 11mm OD, 10mm ID, capped end" full of impact low explosives, attach a handle, and strike the outside with a hammer. This may suffice for early play, but such a primitive hand cannon will have corrosion and reloading problems and will eventually become unsafe to fire; if it wasn't already! The lead ball ammunition will be cheap to make, but will dirty the tube and slow down in flight significantly.

Thus I will end up killed and looted and called a noob if I don't change my ways by the time others have started machine-producing cute little 40mm disposable rocket launcher pistols. Those "flare guns" on the bandito's bandoliers? Yeah, those are HESH warheads there.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 10, 2012, 03:31:47 pm »

Well, that probably won't happen for a while.
Heavy firefights are already sometimes pretty heavy on server strain and such on multiplayer games. It would be even worse if every projectile was being monitored for its shape, density, mass, material, etc.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 10, 2012, 03:47:01 pm »

Heavy firefights are already sometimes pretty heavy on server strain and such on multiplayer games. It would be even worse if every projectile was being monitored for its shape, density, mass, material, etc.

Not to mention the deformation and deterioration of the gun barrel and firing chamber.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 10, 2012, 04:07:55 pm »

Not to mention the deformation and deterioration of the gun barrel and firing chamber.
And I mean, how much detail would you go into simulating things?
With dirt, would it be one flat, smooth surface (which I doubt is what you want, but easiest)? Would it be on a level of dirt grains (extremely processor heavy)? Would it be somewhere inbetween?
Really, this applies to all of it. If you're planning to go full-physics on something, you need to know how much physics to simulate.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 10, 2012, 04:15:57 pm »

I would consider dirt to be a very weak solid when at rest and a very stiff and thick gel when under pressure.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 577