Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238792 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3615 on: September 29, 2013, 06:17:49 pm »

Yeah I know, but the smell of negative Armour riles me to picking E :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: September 29, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »

There's kinda only one build for SF, especially against another SF. Necromastery > Raze > Raze > Necromastery > etc. > skip ult until level 10.

Here's an example (SingSing): http://www.twitch.tv/sing_sing/b/451401495?t=164m50s

Here's another one (S4 vs Iceiceice), this one is pretty damn funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAIXWafWbSQ

Most people don't even bother starting with regen in the SF 1v1 simply because if you lose the soul collecting wars in the first 20 seconds, you've probably lost anyway.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: September 29, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »

What was the coal thing they were talking about in S4 v iceiceice?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: September 29, 2013, 08:12:16 pm »

What was the coal thing they were talking about in S4 v iceiceice?
From the xmas event you could get coal from a chest that you could throw at people also snowballs as well.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: September 29, 2013, 11:03:32 pm »

Very entertaining match between Team Liquid and Alliance featuring mid Elder Titan and Medusa.

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/b/466007344?t=155m40s

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: September 29, 2013, 11:12:26 pm »

Very entertaining match between Team Liquid and Alliance featuring mid Elder Titan and Medusa.

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/b/466007344?t=155m40s

Seriously... Elder Titan solo mid versus QoP, Earthshaker running around, and possibly the first time Medusa's been picked up in a pro game. Very strange pro game. Youtube link here.

Spoiler: Warning! Results! (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: September 29, 2013, 11:36:58 pm »

I hope Medusa gets picked a bit more (not too much though, she's ultra boring). I'm just tired of people shitting on her saying she sucks or that's she's useless early game or that she's only viable after 45 minutes of farming.

That Elder Titan was some serious shenanigans though.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: September 30, 2013, 12:50:51 am »

Honestly, I thought her viability in lane would come from Mystic Snake spam. If you hit the ranged creep and an enemy hero, both near the end of the chain, then Mystic Snake has almost no net mana cost and deals a surprising amount of damage. Seeing a successful build that skipped Snake entirely was surprising.

Interesting note: there was a lot of physical damage amplification here. Between ET's aura, Naga's Riptide, and Stone Gaze, Medusa was able to auto-attack for frankly insane amounts of damage. Having all those early levels in Split Shot (getting up to 80% damage quickly) let Medusa assist in teamfights much earlier than expected. In retrospect, her right-clicks were probably more useful than a single Mystic Snake toss would've been, which really justifies the build!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: September 30, 2013, 01:39:49 am »

I like how Loda blamed the fact that he could not cheat with the armlet instant toggle for the reason they lost.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: September 30, 2013, 02:18:37 am »

Honestly, I thought her viability in lane would come from Mystic Snake spam. If you hit the ranged creep and an enemy hero, both near the end of the chain, then Mystic Snake has almost no net mana cost and deals a surprising amount of damage. Seeing a successful build that skipped Snake entirely was surprising.

Interesting note: there was a lot of physical damage amplification here. Between ET's aura, Naga's Riptide, and Stone Gaze, Medusa was able to auto-attack for frankly insane amounts of damage. Having all those early levels in Split Shot (getting up to 80% damage quickly) let Medusa assist in teamfights much earlier than expected. In retrospect, her right-clicks were probably more useful than a single Mystic Snake toss would've been, which really justifies the build!
Also the fact that she wasn't laning against anything heh. There's no need to get Mystic Snake if there's nothing to use it on.

If she was against an enemy trilane or if Profit was actually in the lane, she probably would have gotten it. Of course, both AdmiralBulldog and the entirety of Alliance knew that anyway, which is why they sacrificed that lane. Mystic Snake is batshit crazy against a trilane.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: September 30, 2013, 05:39:45 am »

I like how Loda blamed the fact that he could not cheat with the armlet instant toggle for the reason they lost.

That actually makes him seem like a total douchebag.

Medusa i find lacking for a super-late carry. All the other super-late carries are stronger both early and late game. Less survivable perhaps.. but if survivability was the key, Necrolite would be played.
Medusa is a walking ulti.

Building her in a trilane in mind.. (with like.. Undying and some ranged stunner/veno) will just result in your trilane getting dodged.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:42:34 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: September 30, 2013, 06:48:54 am »

Why isn't Necro picked more often, out of curiosity? Is it something to do with the fact that if the opponent blocks his ulti he's useless?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: September 30, 2013, 08:52:46 am »

It might have something to do with the fact that his heal isn't instant.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:46 am »

Stworca: I don't think you understand just how tanky Medusa is if you're comparing her to Necrolyte.

Speaking of Medusa, here's a silly-ass documentary of ZSMJ, who became famous for stuff like farming 3800g in SEVEN minutes after his first Sacred Relic was sniped while it was in the courier.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: September 30, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »

Medusa gets ridiculous. Strength gives her HP, agility gives her armor, and intelligence gives her mana, which means more effective HP. Considering how useful Manta style and other massive +stat items are for her anyway, it means she ends up getting ridiculously tanky. Mana shield is easily one of the best defensive abilities in the game.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 246