Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238816 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3585 on: September 26, 2013, 12:05:38 am »

I usually start with some tangos, a stout shield, and a circlet, building as quickly into a null talisman as I can. The muscle wizard needs mana to spam battle hunger to keep the enemy low enough to cull at level 6. Boots can wait a little bit because you're just sitting in the creep wave and battle hunger has a ridiculous range anyway. By the time melee foes back up from the helichopter, battle hunger does your chasing for you. When I do build boots, I generally go for tranquil boots in lanes where I'm getting harassed a lot, or phase boots if I need to extract myself from the fray for a bit to chop some folks.

Also, the talisman builds nicely into a Dagon. Grab your dagon, grab your force staff, grab your Aghanim's scepter. Zap, zoom, chop! Every 15 seconds if you're waiting for the Dagon. Chop creeps in between to keep on coming. Combine with Huskar for an ultimate slammin' jammin' brouhaha.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:03:00 am by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: September 26, 2013, 12:34:28 pm »

If anyone had doubts that you could make shittonnes of money on Dota 2's item trading market: http://i.imgur.com/WjI1b3b.jpg

@.@

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: September 26, 2013, 02:36:29 pm »

That graph's really interesting... and not just for the sudden drop from 'ultra-valuable' to 'worthless'. (Note that 'worthless', on this graph, still means $100ish.)

The really interesting this is, that items was at $200 and grew to $300 before crashing. If you could read the market effectively, that's a 50% return on investment. Sure, it's highly volatile, and I don't have enough faith in my skills to wager hundreds of dollars on video games... but you could make a pretty decent living on the marketplace if you could read the trends effectively.  :o

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: September 26, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »

The plushie was $40 I think.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3589 on: September 26, 2013, 10:36:45 pm »

If anyone had doubts that you could make shittonnes of money on Dota 2's item trading market
I started with maybe a key in value, now have 5 keys AND the portal pack. so, yeah, there is profit to be made.
Oh, and I've gotten like 4 games from it too

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: September 27, 2013, 01:17:32 am »

Just had a rather nice game as Warlock. We had troll warlord, me, Zeus, naga, and visage.

We only got our full combo off once, but when we did it was hilarious. Naga ultied, and me and zeus moved into position. After the sleep wore off, I fatal bonded all 5 of them, and then me+zeus threw our (upgraded) ultis into the ring at the same time.
Boom, 1200 magic damage to each of them. 3 died instantly, their huskar and lifestealer died moments later.
A few games earlier the opposite thing happened to me, I was Zeus with a Warlock. Three of them ganked me at half health solo mid, Warlock ported in, fatal bonded and ultied. My last second ulti got me a triple kill, taking them all down from about half health to 0.

Man, I love warlock. Fatal bonding someone else's AOE damage ulti and increasing the damage by 80/100% is just so great.

Errr.... That post seems to have gotten away from me somehow.
To add a point into the rambling mess that this post is: Warlock is amazingly OP right now. He isn't the most fun hero by any means, but he is the most powerful, at 58% win chance (although only 34th most played).

Q (Fatal Bonds): Sweet Jesus, 220 pure damage at level 1, with a long cast range as well as being able to use creeps to cast it farther.  Not only that, but with your mana you can basically force a enemy out of lane (even if he has heals). And that's overlooking the teamfight potential of having all damage anyone on your team does to a enemy do 80% to the rest of the team.
W (Shadow Word): Meh, a heal is always nice, and the DOT can kill enemies. Not really particularly good though.
E (Upheaval): Very hard to get working properly. Pretty good if you somehow manage it though.
R (GolemGolemGolem): Pretty much the best ulti in the game. It has a 1 second huge AOE stun that goes through magic resist. It deals (slight) AOE damage. You can cast it at a very good range, unlike pretty much every single other AOE ulti. And if that wasn't enough, it summons a unit that for the first 30 minutes of the game is equivalent to a tanky hero, a super pusher, and a carry all in one. It can't actually catch a fleeing hero, but there isn't really any hero that can do anything BUT run from it except a lategame carry. And best of all, there is absolutely no way that it can screw your team over. And even if you somehow completely miss all of them with it, it is still a pretty decent unit to take into teamfights.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: September 27, 2013, 01:41:19 am »

Just FYI, the AOE damage stacks the more golems you have.

So with 4 golems, it's 200dps just from the immolation alone haha. Flaming fist is also AOE.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: September 27, 2013, 02:01:38 am »

And fatal bonds. 4 Golems in range of people with bonds on them is a really good way to kill a lot of people really fast.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: September 27, 2013, 10:51:04 am »

Never try to do Roshan if there's an enemy Warlock still alive.

All he has to do to fuck you over is to fatal bonds Roshan. xD

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: September 27, 2013, 12:28:48 pm »

I love Warlock. One of my friends plays only him and three other heroes, so after inviting my brother along we decided to run a trilane with Axe/Huskar/Warlock. (Our three favorite heroes.) Turns out that burning spears, battle hunger, fatal bonds, and Shadow Word all together (eventually with an urn charge from Huskar) can zone out basically everyone regardless of whether they hug their tower or not. If you get fatal bonds off, Axe just helixes through the creep wave. It does force Axe to spend most of his time trying to jungle while maxing battle hunger, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get free farm for Huskar. Or at least it does against the people I play against who are as bad as I.  :D

Also, my brother and I recently tried out Ursa and Shadow Shaman in a lane together. At level two, shadow shaman can initiate by holding a guy in place, following up with a hex. Meanwhile bearforce one drops an Overpower and tears a dude in half. Jungling Ursa is pretty good, but I've never gotten a four-minute Vladmir's Offering with it. Just wait for levels, then as soon as you can hide behind the trees in the jungle and wait for the opponents to push out a ways. If you can get between them and their tower, you're pretty much set.

It seems to me that this Bay12 DOTA tournament is going very slowly. Which 1v1 matches are left? Also, who here would be down to play a lobby match or two (maybe more) while drafting only from one tavern each game? For example, game one we could only pick and ban from the Radiant Intelligence tavern, or in another the Dire Agility tavern. I've played some 3v3 matches with it, and it's usually pretty fun. Especially since most of the int heroes are supports. You can actually ban out storm spirit, nature's prophet, and silencer in the first ban stage, and you'll be out of carries for the radiant int tavern. (QOP, OD, Dark Seer, Invoker and Enigma are all dire, though, so that game might have one. On the other hand, it's way easier to ban all the supports in the agility taverns. (Vengeful Spirit, some Mirana, some Naga, Venomancer, and some Nyx.) It can be a good time running support Medusa or Slark because there are no actual supports available.  :D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: September 27, 2013, 02:07:04 pm »

My 1v1 game is still pending becouse my oponent resigned, but im totaly willing to drop out of the tournament too if needed.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: September 27, 2013, 03:49:29 pm »

we also don't have enough people to do the 5v5 so yeah... half of the people in the tournament have not told me there steam names so it pretty much a bust. 

GTA5 is not helping....
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: September 27, 2013, 04:01:17 pm »

We could finish up 1v1 tourney, maybe with some people having two elimination rounds and such.

Ok I summarized it a little bit. Please correct if wrong, or tell me to add new matches (if there were any).

Rules :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starting roster :

Round 1 :

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5
Game 6
Game 7
Game 8

Loser's Bracket :
Match 1
Match 2
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:23:37 pm by aenri »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: September 27, 2013, 04:06:51 pm »

for the members and
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: September 27, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »

Straight from Reddit, I bring you this terrible joke.

Carriers, Tankers and the Ice Breaker.
http://imgur.com/a/8VsG1#4
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 246