Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238852 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3555 on: September 14, 2013, 06:56:55 pm »

I'm saying it's a nuke lol, when he drops the rocks.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: September 14, 2013, 07:09:58 pm »

Typical Warlock teamfight contribution. His ult is nothing like a nuke. After a nuke explodes, the bomb does not then stand up and embrace you in punchy flaming arms.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: September 15, 2013, 05:54:14 am »

I lost 2:1 to Flinty.

First game was PL vs PL, which yours truly handily won by total annihilation.

Flinty picked Troll Warlord for his 1v1, which i lost to his ranged bash trick (nice!)

SF decider ended up close. Flint got FB, but i managed to return to a 1:1. Then i dove a bit too much, and as my attack was flying for a killing blow, the tower killed me.  :P  :D
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: September 15, 2013, 10:06:15 am »

I lost 2:1 to Flinty.

First game was PL vs PL, which yours truly handily won by total annihilation.

Flinty picked Troll Warlord for his 1v1, which i lost to his ranged bash trick (nice!)

SF decider ended up close. Flint got FB, but i managed to return to a 1:1. Then i dove a bit too much, and as my attack was flying for a killing blow, the tower killed me.  :P  :D
I updated the standing then I still need 2 more people to join before we can go to the next round.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: September 15, 2013, 11:29:46 am »

Im still waiting for some one to replace my contender :/.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: September 15, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »

Im still waiting for some one to replace my contender :/.
yeah I might have a guy I'll ask around I have a guy to vs you
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:25:18 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3561 on: September 16, 2013, 02:47:42 am »

too late to join?

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: September 18, 2013, 06:26:59 pm »

Be fair man. Fed!Warlock with Agh, Refresher, and Shadowblade is one of the most hilarious instagibs in the game.

what the hell is an adjective!noun

why use the effort to make a ! when you can put a space

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: September 18, 2013, 08:56:41 pm »

Something!Thing is used to indicate that Thing possesses a certain characteristic. In that example, it means a warlock that was fed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: September 19, 2013, 12:13:41 am »

In general, when implying that a 'thing' possesses a 'characteristic', we call the 'thing' a noun, and the 'characteristic' an adjective. Very rarely do we re-purpose punctuation marks for denoting adjective/noun connections; usually, the link is clearly indicated from contextual clues and sentence construction. Thus, "A fed Warlock with Aghs..." is generally preferable over "Fed!Warlock with Aghs..."

TL;DR: English, Liches.

On topic: It's been a long time since we've had a new major patch (read: hero). Anyone else excited for Legion Commander to finally begin her push for gender equality in the Strength hero line-up? Or are we all just debating the character's shift away from brutal racism as a defining trait?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: September 19, 2013, 10:49:01 am »

Be fair man. Fed!Warlock with Agh, Refresher, and Shadowblade is one of the most hilarious instagibs in the game.

what the hell is an adjective!noun

why use the effort to make a ! when you can put a space

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a coder's joke. This essentially implies that (Warlock) is the base object and Fed! is the property it possesses in the current equation/statement. Not dissimilar from using != to equate not-equal, or if/then/else statements.

On topic: It's been a long time since we've had a new major patch (read: hero). Anyone else excited for Legion Commander to finally begin her push for gender equality in the Strength hero line-up? Or are we all just debating the character's shift away from brutal racism as a defining trait?

Reddit says there's a new Test server patch incoming. We may see more noticeable changes soon. Also, stability. Way more stability.

--

I've been playing with a team over the last week, and we have our eyes on maybe trying for competitiveness eventually. It's amazing how much the game changes when you have a regular team. It's also amazing how much proper teams benefit from skilled support. I pride myself on my skills in that field, and they win way more games with me in them.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: September 19, 2013, 12:55:36 pm »

How's the 1v1 bracket coming along?

And I've been trying to put together a team for a while, myself. My roommate and I found a pair of guys in low-priority queue, and we're just looking for a 5th man. I was there because I was queuing with my roommate, who swears a lot, and they were there for trolling with wisp/kotl throwing their teammates onto cliffs to get them to stop feeding. My roommate and I were matched up against them three matches in a row, so we figured the stars were aligned enough. I've enjoyed just about every Captain's Mode match I've played with a captain who speaks my language, so I'll be pumped when I get to do them with a consistent team.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: September 19, 2013, 07:31:23 pm »

http://www.dota2.com/firstblood

New patch is out. I'll highlight some stuff:

Offline Lan is enabled.

Captain's draft:
Basically you captain's mode 24 random heroes.

Backpack now has filters and stuff.

Portal announcer and wards

Upgraded Items can always be disassembled within 10 seconds of the combine

Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not being interrupted by stuns

Pudge: Meat Hook now pulls the target to the initial hook position regardless of where Pudge is

Fixed being able to instantly toggle Armlet on and off

Control groups are now saved to the cloud, per hero, and will persist across games and disconnects. They are saved per hero

The quality of the item drops you are eligible for is now tied to your Dota profile level. You can see your current drop level in your profile page

The item drop list has been greatly pared down and will now change over time. As new items are introduced old items will be removed (and will be accessible on the Steam Community Market). This should help keep the item drop list interesting over time

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: September 19, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

Pudge: Meat Hook now pulls the target to the initial hook position regardless of where Pudge is

Does...does this mean that chen+pudge fountainhook is...fixed?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:46 pm »

Yep.

So is the bullshit perma 400hp armlet bug.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 246