Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238969 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3375 on: August 14, 2013, 03:05:49 pm »

I think they've changed roster after every single TI. Even when they won they dropped Artstyle over a contract dispute.

Just the nature of the thing.

I'm still very proud of Orange. They won approximately RM 1 million which is a huge chunk of change. HUGE. Each member of the team could flat out pay in cash for an entire apartment for their portions. Even though they kinda derped up their last game I will now support them a lot haha.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: August 14, 2013, 04:04:35 pm »

Orange did really well, I agree. Their successes also make me feel less bad about them thumping Fnatic previously. :)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: August 14, 2013, 05:30:51 pm »

Going through the replay of the orange vs navi...they were in a position to beat navi...but bounty hunter's track gold happened which distributed the gold more evenly among the team which let navi's supports do their job better. overall it was funny as the first orange vs navi match had something like 72k pendants for navi and 2.2k pendants for orange, game 2 it was 65k pendants vs 4.4k.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: August 14, 2013, 08:31:52 pm »

Lately some of us started playing together, some of us newer than others but id say the level is the same, we lost some games, but so far we are 2-0 when the party is full! This post its not really to tell you of our adventures but to disgrace Alkhemia, who wont mix with the plebs, i think he is too good to be seen with us *sobs*.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: August 14, 2013, 09:47:15 pm »

I'd be down to join a party sometime. I like playing with other people who communicate.  ;D

I had just about the best Zeus game I've ever had earlier today, despite losing. It was a 'hard' bot match, and our Lifestealer started feeding hardcore right off the bat and quit at minute 14. Our Io was doing alright but then disconnected for 6 or 7 minutes before coming back severely underleveled. My brother was playing Crystal Maiden and did a fairly passable job at it. (Second time on the hero, probably 10th game ever.) There was a Lion, but right when we started turning the tide and winning at about minute 35, he bought literally 100 couriers. Yep, he farmed 15,000 gold and bought flying couriers to load with regular couriers and have them follow him. I don't think he said anything. Meanwhile, I beat Tiny in the middle lane and proceeded to farm like crazy. I jungled, I stacked ancients, I got kills, and by minute 45 or so I had gotten a full loadout. Level 25 with Boots of Travel, Linken's Sphere, Heart of Tarrasque, Refresher Orb, Aghanim's Scepter, and a Rod of Atos to slow people down and beat them up. (Zeus needs to go faster.  :-[) Despite our best efforts, we simply could not break into the enemy base. As our base slowly whittled away, I was tanking entire mega creep waves, evaporating three enemies at a time, and so forth.

Health: 3,996
Mana: 2,230
Armor: 11.75
HP Regen: 16/second (97 with heart)
Mana Regen: 28.9/second
Damage: ~235

Plus some various auras from my allies. It was actually enough mana regeneration to continuously cast Arc Lightning, and I was able to spam every spell on cooldown (including Refresher Orb and the Rod of Atos) and simply melt everyone. I think that's the first time playing Zeus where I actually had more mana than I could possibly use. Normally I start with a bottle whether I'm in the middle or not, since Zeus eats mana and shits thunder. In this case, I sold my bottle in order to pick up an aegis (then replacing that with Linken's Sphere), and managed to never run out of mana again.

But even a few hits from a mega creep per wave stacks up over time, and there were simply too many.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: August 15, 2013, 12:33:24 am »

Lately some of us started playing together, some of us newer than others but id say the level is the same, we lost some games, but so far we are 2-0 when the party is full! This post its not really to tell you of our adventures but to disgrace Alkhemia, who wont mix with the plebs, i think he is too good to be seen with us *sobs*.
Sorry I had some people that wanted to play with me if it was not for that I would've played with you they did ask first.
I actually played 8 hour of dota today more than I have played in a month was pretty fun.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/274523467 this was the highlight game I think I never played OM before but I just max bloodlust and Q and me and magnus put are spells on the PA what you can't see is the 2 Divines he had at the end right before he died we even had a trilane and it worked was amazing.

oh and this game http://dotabuff.com/matches/274489266 we only had 3 deaths on the whole team just on beastmaster I was mean and did the es pull you can do on dire that gyro was so sad he was 1-13
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:15:25 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3381 on: August 15, 2013, 12:39:15 am »

There was a Lion, but right when we started turning the tide and winning at about minute 35, he bought literally 100 couriers. Yep, he farmed 15,000 gold and bought flying couriers to load with regular couriers and have them follow him. I don't think he said anything.

That sounds awesome. Did anything else happen in regards to those couriers?
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: August 15, 2013, 12:45:43 am »

Can I play with you guys, same steam name, almost around the clock availability, ~500 wins and slightly less losses, I have a mic.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: August 15, 2013, 12:46:49 am »

Can I play with you guys, same steam name, almost around the clock availability, ~500 wins and slightly less losses, I have a mic.
I'll add you to the in game guild tomorrow and the steam group

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: August 15, 2013, 12:45:29 pm »

The steam group is public again let me know if anyone shady joins and I'll drop the hammer

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: August 15, 2013, 01:06:45 pm »

The steam group is public again let me know if anyone shady joins and I'll drop the hammer

Could I have a link to the group?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: August 15, 2013, 01:44:36 pm »

Could I have a link to the group?
sure
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DF-Dota

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: August 16, 2013, 04:57:54 am »

Oh god. I decided to check all pick again after months without playing there. It's been more than a year since I saw people playing THAT bad. Trying to get in position to gank someone as clinkz? Io comes and theters you, giving away your position and fucking the gank while not even stunning anyone. Pudge with DD has burnt all his spells and now is walking to hack at your team? Perfect time to bloodrage him.

So... freakin... painful...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:54 am »

you see this is why I never need a reminder to not play all pick

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: August 23, 2013, 03:10:07 am »

I have played 18 matches since the end of TI3. 15 of them have included Pudge. What the hell, internet.  ::)

Anyway, has anyone else noted an uptick in armlet/lifesteal Abaddon? Dude cannot seem to die.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 246