Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238976 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3360 on: August 13, 2013, 08:24:37 pm »

I did call him an asshole and for good reason. Just because pubs are filled with misery doesn't mean you have to add to it. That's the problem with the vast majority of this genre's playerbase. Nobody realizes that, wait for it... You're playing with 9 other real humans. Behind that 300 gold antimage is a tired office worker who's had a long day and just wants to unwind, and instead is getting all of his farm stolen by what he though was his support.

I'm not contesting that you're successful at playing the game. I'm saying you're making other people suffer and wasting hours of their time because you want to have slightly more fun at their expense. That's not okay. Really, really not okay. All of that fun you have sapped by russians or brs or whatever? You're exactly the same. Just because you think you get to be a huge dick to your teammates because you win more doesn't mean your teammates do.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: August 13, 2013, 08:30:07 pm »

I did call him an asshole and for good reason. Just because pubs are filled with misery doesn't mean you have to add to it. That's the problem with the vast majority of this genre's playerbase. Nobody realizes that, wait for it... You're playing with 9 other real humans. Behind that 300 gold antimage is a tired office worker who's had a long day and just wants to unwind, and instead is getting all of his farm stolen by what he though was his support.

I'm not contesting that you're successful at playing the game. I'm saying you're making other people suffer and wasting hours of their time because you want to have slightly more fun at their expense. That's not okay. Really, really not okay. All of that fun you have sapped by russians or brs or whatever? You're exactly the same. Just because you think you get to be a huge dick to your teammates because you win more doesn't mean your teammates do.
+1

Besides, I've seen that there a lot of people very cooperative while in-game, a lot of times they are just really bad/new to the game and their builds follow the in-game guides (most of which are aimed at carrying).

The thing is, while Dota 2 is definitely fun if you play by yourself, it's meant to be played with a team. It is much more enjoyable when played with a group of people you regularly play with, be it a clan or guild; because you can find out what works, what doesn't, and is after that that the roles appear.

What I normally do if I have to play with random people is get at least one friend and either we choose a combo (such as puck-lifestealer) or we are the supports for the rest of the team (who always play to be carry). Dota is a party game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: August 13, 2013, 08:38:43 pm »

So you're saying I'm a huge dick for winning games? Or a huge dick for not flaming my teammates?

I don't know what you want from me here. You can't tell me my strats are bad because I clearly and legitimately win more games than I lose and I literally play EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. as random... so... What do you want? How exactly am I making people suffer here.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: August 13, 2013, 11:06:38 pm »

Anti-Push heroes seem to be rather good at idiot proofing your teams so they can get enough farm. Except Sand King. Darn Sand King.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: August 13, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »

Had a fun game as es today I even made the sven sad by pulling my wave into the ancients spawn  http://dotabuff.com/matches/273514220
Infest bomb into echo slam is the best
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: August 14, 2013, 01:54:05 am »

I don't know what you want from me here. You can't tell me my strats are bad because I clearly and legitimately win more games than I lose and I literally play EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. as random... so... What do you want? How exactly am I making people suffer here.

It's not your orchid Crystal Maiden that wins those games. It'd be 70% winrate if not for those builds.
Pubs fucking suck, but if everyone will just play whatever, they won't ever stop sucking.

Starting with boots, carry abba, single-camp pulling.. It's all the same in the end.
There is nothing worse than playing with a team of monkeys, and losing no matter how well you do, but if you see people do decent picks, get those wards,eul and mek.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:57:07 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: August 14, 2013, 02:14:16 am »

Well...I'll agree, wards really do win games, granted if I play a support and end up getting a few kills for example of CM, solo killing the enemy carry when they tried to 1 vs 1 me in the middle of creeps then I would look to buy something tankey because they will view me as dangerous...maybe not in the first teamfight but usually the 2nd teamfight if ultimate is used right...I guess it all depends on what is going on in the game, key thing I think is being flexable in seeing what is needed...then again you could probably ignore me since i only have roughly 100 matchmade games and almost exclusively play single draft and all random.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22:26 am »

Wards alone don't win games, you need to pair it with awareness - if nobody is paying attention to communication and the minimap, there's no point laying down a ton of wards.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: August 14, 2013, 02:42:40 am »

Oh btw Navi might end up breaking up xboct got super mad and drunk during the after party and raged at puppy and kuro really hard he was also mad at kuro for calling the gg early in game 1 in the final so we will have to see.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: August 14, 2013, 02:48:39 am »

Watch that and more, on CelebTV.  ::)

If anything he should've been mad at Puppey for shit draft in game 1, and 20 missed black holes.
Na'Vi won't disband, and even if it does, TI3 is over so nobody cares about teams.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: August 14, 2013, 02:57:48 am »

Oh btw Navi might end up breaking up xboct got super mad and drunk during the after party and raged at puppy and kuro really hard he was also mad at kuro for calling the gg early in game 1 in the final so we will have to see.
Emphasis mine.
Since when did we take what drunk people say seriously? :P

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: August 14, 2013, 03:02:26 am »

Emphasis mine.
True but it not the first time a small argument messed up a team it what happened to IG before TI3 and with LongDD in LGD.cn that cost them the invite

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: August 14, 2013, 03:14:17 am »

True but it not the first time a small argument messed up a team it what happened to IG before TI3 and with LongDD in LGD.cn that cost them the invite
Fair point..

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: August 14, 2013, 03:39:53 am »

Oh the carry CM argument reminded me of this stuff
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: August 14, 2013, 02:25:18 pm »

Emphasis mine.
Eh.. Navi's been switching their roster semi-frequently. If XBOCT gets kicked for bad behaviour, they'll find a new carry happily enough.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 246