Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239005 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3345 on: August 13, 2013, 04:14:39 pm »

I always end up playing the 5 support when I play since nobody I play with knows how to support or even likes to support I guess I should play more support Naga or Nyx.

you know pulling you mid or carry so he wins the lane buying the crow and wards so you have no items at the start not getting boots tell 15 min etc
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:16:31 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: August 13, 2013, 04:36:39 pm »

I never go full support in solo pubs. Never.

In maybe 2 - 3 man queue I might where someoen I know is doing carry or will carry. But solo? I hard carry all the way and ignore my team.

It's just not fun. Sure the team might need it but watching them all fail horribly and you can't do anything about it is ridiculous. I'd rather buy Shadow Blade + Orchid on my CM in solo queue rather than go no item support.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: August 13, 2013, 04:41:50 pm »

In maybe 2 - 3 man queue I might where someoen I know is doing carry or will carry. But solo? I hard carry all the way and ignore my team.

It's just not fun. Sure the team might need it but watching them all fail horribly and you can't do anything about it is ridiculous. I'd rather buy Shadow Blade + Orchid on my CM in solo queue rather than go no item support.
Could be the reason I hate playing dota so much right now I only get to carry if I mess around in a bot game.
Last time I played a non support in a real game was 26 days ago and that was a mid magnus a real carry was this game http://dotabuff.com/matches/233619244
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:47:31 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: August 13, 2013, 04:49:49 pm »

Could be the reason I hate playing dota so much right now I only get to carry if I mess around in a bot game.
Last time I played a non support in a real game was 26 days ago and that was a mid magnus a real carry was this game http://dotabuff.com/matches/233619244

I am returning to DOTA, and I've encountered the same issue. At the same time, I really like playing support (Sona in LoL is still my top). Consequentially, I have been playing supports that have carry potential, such as the Silencer. Carrying a game as a silencer can be priceless.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: August 13, 2013, 04:53:17 pm »

I am returning to DOTA, and I've encountered the same issue. At the same time, I really like playing support (Sona in LoL is still my top). Consequentially, I have been playing supports that have carry potential, such as the Silencer. Carrying a game as a silencer can be priceless.
I only played him a few times I should mess around with him more I played support or mid when I played LoL Taric and Orianna mostly

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: August 13, 2013, 05:21:37 pm »

I like playing Treant Protector because you can practically idiotproof all three lanes for the first bit of the game. You can absolutely wreck Pudge when he hooks you (leech seed him, living armor yourself, giggle.), initiate with a blink dagger, et cetera. But for other supports, I like playing some that can end up carrying the team in case they screw up immensely. Windrunner can seriously lock someone down with MKB and her ultimate, Silencer can... silence people, and so forth. Or just go Zeus and try to win the middle lane so hard you can get a triple kill every 120 seconds with scepter+refresher+veil.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: August 13, 2013, 05:34:06 pm »

I like playing Treant Protector because you can practically idiotproof all three lanes for the first bit of the game. You can absolutely wreck Pudge when he hooks you (leech seed him, living armor yourself, giggle.), initiate with a blink dagger, et cetera. But for other supports, I like playing some that can end up carrying the team in case they screw up immensely. Windrunner can seriously lock someone down with MKB and her ultimate, Silencer can... silence people, and so forth. Or just go Zeus and try to win the middle lane so hard you can get a triple kill every 120 seconds with scepter+refresher+veil.  :P

Mmhm, Zeus is just too much fun. His early-game pressure is insane.
Hmm,I should try playing this as carry support. Just nuke the living snot out of the other side.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: August 13, 2013, 05:38:45 pm »

Mmhm, Zeus is just too much fun. His early-game pressure is insane.
Hmm,I should try playing this as carry support. Just nuke the living snot out of the other side.
I think zeus deserves a buff tbh 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:04:35 pm by Alkhemia »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: August 13, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »

Treant is so bloody annoying to play against, though.  >:(
I'm not so sure about him countering Pudge, given that Rot will tear though Living Armor in 1.4 seconds. Leech Seed is underrated, though - if it runs the full duration, it's basically a Brain Sap that heals your entire team, not just you. (And doesn't deal Pure damage.) Heck, even the much-despised Overgrowth is a decent teamfight skill - it's no Ravage, but it's better than nothing!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: August 13, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »

I'd rather buy Shadow Blade + Orchid on my CM in solo queue rather than go no item support.
Please don't be that guy. I don't care how good you are, don't pick a support and bait your teammates into that. I'm so fucking tired of having to be the support on solo hardlane because some asshole picked a support hero and then proceeded to build carry. If you're going to build carry CM, fine, but fucking tell someone. I had a shadowblade/orchid CM a few game ago, he scored 1 kill the entire game, with something like 20 deaths to show for it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: August 13, 2013, 06:42:05 pm »

Here are some stats for TI3 hero picks, winrates, etc.

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/features/3406-heroes-of-the-international-3

One of the things I picked up is even though OD was picked and banned so often, his winrate was abysmal. He had a 36% winrate. Ursa, true to form, had the highest winrate of them all at 70%. Visage was most picked, but only had 56% winrate. Weaver also had a 56% winrate.

---------------

frostshotgg: I do have a 60% winrate so... you tell me how successful my playstyle is. I might not win every game but at least I'm not the guy trying to be ultra pro every game and gets mad at everyone for not conforming to their stupid made up rules. I have a very SingSing influenced style of play. Which is a nice way of saying I don't give a crap about my team or other pubbers. They mean nothing to me and are about equivalent to bots except less predictable.

Also, shadow blade + orchid CM is a damn good build. Don't knock before you try it.

Edit: Come to think of it. I enjoy almost every Dota game I go into with the exception of the ones where I join with a team I have to listen to. 5 mans or the like. Maybe I'm just getting old and I can't be bothered to listen to people I barely know talk about garbage they don't understand but yeah. No thanks. Teamwork is for suckers. The key is taking advantage of human stupidity and having fun while doing it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: August 13, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

Let me repeat: Don't be that guy. It sucks to play with an asshole, and not everybody plays the game to stomp pubbies. It seems like this concept is really, really foreign to most people who play ARTSes/MOBAs/Dotalikes/whatever the fuck, but some people like to have fun.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: August 13, 2013, 06:52:36 pm »

I kind of agree, while not having the impressive 60% winrate i always maintained a possitve W/L ratio. I played suport most of the time until i got bored of losing, now i random and play whatever i get. I cant explain the feeling when you get a decent draft and go lane as a carry only to notice your support tought it was a good idea to pull without stacking, nuke the lasthits and get a culling blade, be it a noob, a troll, or some one that just "doesnt care" its the same, you are basically saying fuck this 4 guys i have with me, all that matters its that i can have a little more fun by fucking everyone else.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: August 13, 2013, 07:49:39 pm »

I kind of agree, while not having the impressive 60% winrate i always maintained a possitve W/L ratio. I played suport most of the time until i got bored of losing, now i random and play whatever i get. I cant explain the feeling when you get a decent draft and go lane as a carry only to notice your support tought it was a good idea to pull without stacking, nuke the lasthits and get a culling blade, be it a noob, a troll, or some one that just "doesnt care" its the same, you are basically saying fuck this 4 guys i have with me, all that matters its that i can have a little more fun by fucking everyone else.
That's just how it is in pubs. It's a gigantic cesspit of trolls and people relatively casually playing the game. Sure they might *think* they know better but they really don't. Honestly they have no clue. I have no clue either. When I see my roaming Tinker roflstomp the enemy team, the mistake is me thinking I'm awesome. The correct answer is my enemies are unbelievably bad.

This is something everyone must come to terms with in Dota. We are all horrible at this game. Very few people are actually good at it and they number in the dozens. These people made this tradeoff by sacrificing almost the entirety of their lives to it. Playing 18 hours a day every single day. No social life beyond just your team. Nonexistent wages and terrible living conditions. I for one am glad I'm not good at the game since it means I have accomplished more than be fantastic at a videogame. I will never be able to pull off the crazy shit they do in The International but I don't want to.

Calling me an "asshole"? That seems a bit extreme. I'm not the guy berating others for having fun. I never flame others and I only do my own thing. I'm not the guy autoattacking creepwaves or getting his fantastic 300gpm as Antimage like SOME people. I'm not the guy who hosts 5-man groups only to scream at everyone in voicechat and blame everyone but himself. I'm not the guy who casually invited his newbie friend only to flame and scream at him for being bad. I'm not the guy who flames people for building items deviant from the *standard* build. I'm not the guy who flames mid for not ganking. I'm just an entity that will help you win more often than not. From the other people's point of view I'm literally an enigma. Sometimes I pretend to be Russian or I roleplay the hero I'm playing, but that's about the extent of my in-game interaction. That and the mute button.

So yeah. I unashamedly have my own fun in the games. Don't get me wrong, I play to win every single game even if my strategy is nonsense, but I will never listen to rules dreamed up by people who think they know anything. This isn't LoL. There's no preconcieved metagame. I do whatever the hell I want. Statistics don't lie. I help my team win more often. If I'm on your team you are statistically more likely to win even if I pull out my roaming Gyrocopter. It's not a huge discrepancy, it's only a few percent. But clearly I'm doing something at least marginally right.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:26 pm »

Im sure i never said ashole or anything similar. My point is you praise your orchid+shadowblade maiden, and then you think an AM with 300 gpm is bad? Thats why there are roles in the game, the map cant support 5 players farming at a decent rate, also it seems you feel really agraviated when some one "flames" or basically says something in chat, curiously i dont at all, and i do get a little mad when people play like they are playing with bots, and you think its totaly alright.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 246