Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240192 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3195 on: August 06, 2013, 05:35:35 pm »

Remember that duo laning reduces your exp gain by a significant amount. Almost all of OD's skills are useless until he's about level 4. That takes about 6 minutes in a duo lane. During that time the mid lane would have reached level 6. By the time they reach level 6, it would have been about 8 minutes or so, well into the game and the laning phase is almost over.

It's not such a simple matter as "well, he'll give free mana technically". Well, yes he does. But the proc chance is so unreliable you can't count on it. Even in the 1v1 mid tournament at the International the pros couldn't rely on the RNG. The OD vs OD match, while incredibly boring, often had one player at 0 mana and another at full simply because of RNG. And that was with the passive maxed. These were the best players in the world.

I don't know if the passive is pseudo-random like bashes.

So try it for shits and giggles but don't rely on it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: August 06, 2013, 05:41:37 pm »

If you're having issues with mana with OD because of rng, buy a buckler. It's basically a free proc chance every 25 seconds.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: August 06, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »

If you're having issues with mana with OD because of rng, buy a buckler. It's basically a free proc chance every 25 seconds.
Well you should be getting mek on him anyways tranquil boots are a good pick up as well.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: August 06, 2013, 07:00:02 pm »

Is it still possible to get someone a copy of Dota for free now that the beta thing is done?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: August 06, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »

Is it still possible to get someone a copy of Dota for free now that the beta thing is done?
It just free for everyone the beta invites are useless now just use this http://www.dota2.com/thebetaisover

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: August 06, 2013, 09:29:00 pm »

Yep. There is (was?) a launch queue, to prevent hundreds of thousands of people from overwhelming the servers at the same time. Which was a really smart idea, given how some MMOs have launched. I'm not sure if the queue is still in place or not, but apparently it was very fast (only a few days to a week for 100,000 people), and it's been a while since the official launch, so hopefully the queue will have shortened considerably if it still exists.

So join us! We've got a decent tutorial, bots, and player-built guides to ease new players into the community! Besides, more fresh blood is always a good thing.  :)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 06, 2013, 09:50:19 pm »

And for god's sake, please play a few bot matches before wandering into the exciting world of solo queue. I implore you.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: August 07, 2013, 10:24:42 pm »

:'( :'( :'( :'(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 07, 2013, 10:40:29 pm »

Cmon i like synderen as much as the next guy, but that was totaly predictable.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: August 07, 2013, 10:42:22 pm »

Cmon i like synderen as much as the next guy, but that was totaly predictable.
Yeah but I thought they could at least win one game it MTW all over again.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: August 07, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »

I duo laned with my friend really well the other day. I was trent protector and he was spirit breaker. We wrapped up the kills really really fast. I didn't spend any money on tango's or health potions as I could heal us without them.

The enemy never destroyed a single one of our towers, and I became a semi-carry/tank in that match.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: August 07, 2013, 11:11:49 pm »

SB pretty strong right now I mean I went mid vs a Zeus and we won that game.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: August 07, 2013, 11:20:28 pm »

I duo laned with my friend really well the other day. I was trent protector and he was spirit breaker. We wrapped up the kills really really fast. I didn't spend any money on tango's or health potions as I could heal us without them.

The enemy never destroyed a single one of our towers, and I became a semi-carry/tank in that match.
Ah yes, Treant is amazing. Another hilarious hero to match him up with is Phantom "GOD MOD HAX" Assassin
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: August 08, 2013, 12:23:34 am »

Teams really need to learn to not give Fanatic.Era Lifestealer it never goes well
is out

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: August 08, 2013, 01:06:09 am »

Teams really need to learn to not give Fanatic.Era Lifestealer it never goes well
is out

Also, if you haven't watched the Allstar match, watch it. On Twitch, because half the fun was the ~5 minutes before the match.

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 246