Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240184 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3165 on: August 05, 2013, 03:12:34 pm »

The old Lycans wolf were ridiculous. They lasted for 2 full camps worth of tanking damage.

While Spirit Breaker is easily the new flavor of the month, and requires A LOT of work to counter something, that requires little skill to be effective.. It's not as bullshit as Lycan.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 05, 2013, 03:16:17 pm »

In pro games, SB is still very rare - he's a niche BKB counter, but requires a lot of farm to be something more than a high-value melee creep with a couple of stuns. In pub games, of course, he just snowballs thanks to poor map awareness (if he's level 6 and missing from the map, GET TO A TOWER and pray your supports bothered to buy TPs).

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: August 05, 2013, 03:16:38 pm »

Getting a bit annoyed seeing SB in every pub game though.
I have to admit, Spirit Breaker plus Lifestealer is pretty funny and effective.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: August 05, 2013, 03:44:53 pm »

Hard SB counter: Remove all pick from your queue. There, problem fixed.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 05, 2013, 03:48:21 pm »

That or have a someone on your team pick him then repick after the other team picked.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: August 05, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I keep thinking we're in pre-connection patch times. Will do, thanks.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:03 pm »

Icefrog doesn't really give a crap about hero winrates being too high or too low if history tells us anything. Hell, he gave Ursa, a hero with super high winrate, a giant buff.

Some say his idea of balancing is merely rolling his face on the keyboard... and that his favorite sustenance is the tears of pubbers. All we know is... he's called The Icefraud.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: August 05, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »

Posting to watch, as I play occasionally, although I haven't played as frequently since Huskar got magic immunity.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: August 05, 2013, 07:32:57 pm »

Protip: learn to play Timbersaw. All of his spells deal Pure damage, which laughs at Huskar's 98% resistance. Bane can also handle him, with Enfeeble to cripple his CS, two disables to lock him down during Ghost Scepter, and the pure damage of Brain Sap to finish him off. Tinker's a good third choice, with the pure damage of Laser synergizing nicely with the 3 seconds of Huskar hitting absolutely nothing.

But yeah, Huskar is very, very difficult to kill if your team doesn't have a suitable counter-pick. You can only kill him with pure damage, or physical damage coupled with strong stuns (to keep him down during his Ghost Scepter). There's no way he isn't going to be 'rebalanced' again in 6.79, which might be dropping as soon as TI3 is done.  :)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »

So I played my first game as meepo yesterday. And boy does he snowball fast. I was level 14 farming mostly on my own whilst the rest of my team was dying in droves. A team fight started with my 4 allies versus all 5 of them. My allies got taken out pretty quick, but did a fair bit of damage to them. I came waltzing up behind all 5 and ganked them all by myself. At which point I gained a lot of levels. A little bit later I was ganking their entire team by myself, just munching on them all. Our team went from a 5:18 kills to a 27:22 kills in a matter of minutes. I then just single handedly pushed into the base and proceeded to hammer any hero who came close.  I finished the game at level 25 with the closet member on our team level 15 and their highest was level 16.

Of course neither of us were very experienced with dealing with meepo, but I was able to get the damaged one away, and once I surrounded the enemy team they just hit wildly at all of them but overall it was a pretty funny game with me just marching through them all.

I assume at the higher levels that doesn't really happen does it?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: August 05, 2013, 08:25:38 pm »

At higher levels the meepo would be level 20 when everybody was 10.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: August 05, 2013, 09:22:40 pm »

At higher levels you'd be casually walking somewhere and suddenly you explode as 5 Meepos appear out of nowhere next to you.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: August 05, 2013, 09:36:59 pm »

At higher levels, the other team is better at picking one Meepo off, but he's still decently viable. That said, Meepo being ~10 levels higher isn't that odd. A skilled Meepo will be farming at least one lane and 1-2 jungle camps pretty much constantly, and he gains experience from all Meepos. Get Aghs + Blink Dagger, and have your main Meepo blink in while the rest channel Poof for incredible damage. The drawback is, of course, high levels give you a painful respawn time.  :'(

If you enjoy playing with Meepo, check out N0tail's guide. He's the only pro player known for playing Meepo (and even then, it's rare), but damn does he do a good job at it.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: August 05, 2013, 10:23:33 pm »

At higher levels, the other team is better at picking one Meepo off, but he's still decently viable. That said, Meepo being ~10 levels higher isn't that odd. A skilled Meepo will be farming at least one lane and 1-2 jungle camps pretty much constantly, and he gains experience from all Meepos. Get Aghs + Blink Dagger, and have your main Meepo blink in while the rest channel Poof for incredible damage. The drawback is, of course, high levels give you a painful respawn time.  :'(

If you enjoy playing with Meepo, check out N0tail's guide. He's the only pro player known for playing Meepo (and even then, it's rare), but damn does he do a good job at it.
Also Wagamama watch his stream he pretty much only plays Meepo and Timbersaw when he pubs.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:21 am »

Hm. Since I'm participating in this thread now, I have to ask. Why isn't Outworld used more often? He gives allies infinite mana for 803 gold. That alone seems crazy powerful, but then he has pretty amazing orb effect to go with it as well as a solid CC (Weren't you talking about that a few pages ago?).
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 246