Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240177 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3135 on: August 02, 2013, 12:25:16 pm »

Yay! There might be a pubstomp in my city for TI3. We're organizing it right now hopefully to be settled by Sunday so we get a chance to get loot from Valve.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: August 02, 2013, 12:56:54 pm »

Hey guys, wanna know waht's fun? play with someone on coms, or your brother in the same room and lane together
One of you picks keeper of the light.
the other picks someone like zeus, ogre, anyone with a good nuke or stun that normally eats all early game mana.
It's almost always a won lane because the nuker/disabler can spam his thing over and over and over.

So, yeah, keeper is fun to pair with some heroes.

Also, nobody answered last time, any of you into item trading?
I've done this with my roommate in a Treant+Keeper lane. Treant can spam Leech Seed and armor to keep momentum, Keeper of the Light keeps them both topped off in mana. You can push towers at level 4 or 5! I haven't tried it with Zeus, but that could be pretty neat. My best Zeus games come when I manage a few regeneration runes and get to spam lightning to keep the enemy out of lane.

As for item trading, I'm game. I have a few dozen items for random heroes, but I'm trying to get some more items for Windrunner at the moment. (I have about half of 4 different sets anyway from random drops.) I'm Tyrannosaurus_X on Steam.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #3137 on: August 02, 2013, 01:01:16 pm »

KotL + Juggernaut is a good dual lane too. If Juggernaut grabs an early level in the healing ward, the push never stops.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: August 02, 2013, 01:02:53 pm »

Hey guys, wanna know waht's fun? play with someone on coms, or your brother in the same room and lane together
One of you picks keeper of the light.
the other picks someone like zeus, ogre, anyone with a good nuke or stun that normally eats all early game mana.
It's almost always a won lane because the nuker/disabler can spam his thing over and over and over.

So, yeah, keeper is fun to pair with some heroes.

Also, nobody answered last time, any of you into item trading?
I've done this with my roommate in a Treant+Keeper lane. Treant can spam Leech Seed and armor to keep momentum, Keeper of the Light keeps them both topped off in mana. You can push towers at level 4 or 5! I haven't tried it with Zeus, but that could be pretty neat. My best Zeus games come when I manage a few regeneration runes and get to spam lightning to keep the enemy out of lane.

As for item trading, I'm game. I have a few dozen items for random heroes, but I'm trying to get some more items for Windrunner at the moment. (I have about half of 4 different sets anyway from random drops.) I'm Tyrannosaurus_X on Steam.
I have the rare windrunner cape if you need that I don't trade much because I'm way to lazy to go on dota lounge and look for stuff.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: August 02, 2013, 01:32:58 pm »

Come to think about it, VS is one of very few ranged heroes with a reliable long-range stun.

In fact... if I'm not mistaken she's the ONLY ranged hero with a reliable long-range stun. Every else has line stuns or not-really-a-stun.

I don't know if I would include hex as a long range stun since the range on hex is quite small. It's quite hard to run up to someone and hex them without consequence whereas it's a piece of cake with VS's magic missile.

Morphling also has reliable long range stun :P and he is ranged too!

Also Rubicks Telekinesis is pretty much a longrange stun.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:37:48 pm by aenri »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: August 02, 2013, 01:33:48 pm »

One of the best combos I ever ran was Pugna with Basilius first item and a Jugg with boots first item.

Bladefury is magic damage.

Pugna gets Decrepify first and amplifies all magic damage by 40% as well as slows by 50%.

This is what happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: August 02, 2013, 02:01:45 pm »

I have the rare Windrunner cape if you need that I don't trade much because I'm way to lazy to go on dota lounge and look for stuff.
That would be dandy. I don't have many rares of my own, but I have uncommons and buckets of International chests you can have. Is your steam name the same as your Bay12 name?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: August 02, 2013, 02:21:07 pm »

I have the rare Windrunner cape if you need that I don't trade much because I'm way to lazy to go on dota lounge and look for stuff.
That would be dandy. I don't have many rares of my own, but I have uncommons and buckets of International chests you can have. Is your steam name the same as your Bay12 name?
it Deep Sea Diver Man
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: August 02, 2013, 03:08:20 pm »

Gentlemen. It's on. Welcome to the International.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_775551&feature=iv&src_vid=oExI-7wZgmw&v=RNrUi4XxzFU

A pity I couldn't finish watching the presentation of everquest next though.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: August 02, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

Aaah...Damn Valve matchmaking. Every single game has Spirit Breaker and multiple disconnectors! What's with the most recent patch?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: August 02, 2013, 07:20:44 pm »

Nooo... my poor Quantic Gaming. :(

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: August 03, 2013, 12:31:10 am »

Well, TI3 is off to a bang.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: August 03, 2013, 04:17:36 am »

And here we have the first example of "Anything can happen in TI3". No one would have bet on the rattlesnake of the qualifiers against quantic. Nor the one of the Alienware cup. But here we are now.

This is going to be good.

By the way, check the VODs of Singsing casting the match. He's pretty good at it.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: August 03, 2013, 04:31:30 am »

And here we have the first example of "Anything can happen in TI3". No one would have bet on the rattlesnake of the qualifiers against quantic. Nor the one of the Alienware cup. But here we are now.

I would, and i did.

Quantic - while a million times better than me in 50 years, obviously - are no Alliance, and Rattlesnake is on a roll. I've never had Quantic as one of the favorites to get to any finals, and i did see Rattlesnake as the super-wildcard that can shock us all. Zenith, Rattlesnake.. there was one more that did whacky plays that you'd never expect (and that don't always work..)

edit :
Aaah...Damn Valve matchmaking. Every single game has Spirit Breaker

Because post-patch he's beastly, and requires little skill from the spirit breaker, but a LOT of map awareness and team play from its enemies. Matchmaking has little to do here, i'd say.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:40:16 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: August 03, 2013, 12:05:39 pm »

For those unaware, ti3 group stages has started.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 246