Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240173 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3105 on: July 31, 2013, 09:25:20 pm »

If you in the mood to watch a interesting game of dota I recommend this  http://www.joindota.com/en/vods/6669-navi-vs-kaipi-grand-final-game-3-the-defense-dota-2-playoffs-tobiwan-and-synderen was a good fun game of dota to watch.
As a follow up to this someone went and analyzed it not a bad read http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/challenge-accepted-navi-vs-kaipi-game-3/
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: July 31, 2013, 10:11:00 pm »

Last night I got lumped with mid lane as Weaver. Who's facing me on Radiant mid? Dragon Knight. Who's never played Weaver before? Me.

So why was I the second most effective player on my team?

Weaver is a pretty nice hero to play as. If you're moving around like you should your ult gives you the ability to escape 5-man ganks and if you're stocking up on mana regen you're going to be invisible most of the time.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 31, 2013, 10:50:57 pm »

Ugh. I know how to play witch doctor, but I don't know how to play witch doctor. Tell me, how do I witch doctor?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: July 31, 2013, 11:12:43 pm »

Ugh. I know how to play witch doctor, but I don't know how to play witch doctor. Tell me, how do I witch doctor?
Cask + maledict is your bread and butter combo, just remember that maledict has a very short cast range so you want to be up close and personal to pull this combo off. That pretty much decides the sort of playstyle you should be aiming for - gank a lot, use fog and trees to obscure your movement, keep an eye on your enemies.

Itemwise, I'd build for survivability with focus on Bracers and Mekansm. Aghs can be a core item if you get good early ganks going, as it helps your ult along a lot.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: July 31, 2013, 11:27:46 pm »

Be aggressive with him. Remember that Maledict will kill someone even if you only did 1/2 his health in damage. A big thing people like to get is Phase Boots on him for this reason as the damage done by your regular autoattacks (which actually hurt quite a lot) will similarly get amplified to ridiculous levels with Maledict.

Get Aghs as soon as you can, though you might want either a Shadow Blade or a BKB before that if you find the enemy likes to save stuns just for you. Aghs is vital simply because it turns his ult from "meh" to "1v5 teamwipe".

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: August 01, 2013, 01:36:50 am »

Aghs is vital simply because it turns his ult from "meh" to "1v5 teamwipe".
+100

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: August 01, 2013, 03:14:56 am »

Aghs is vital simply because it turns his ult from "meh" to "1v5 teamwipe".
+100

Unless the enemy team has a reliable way to interrupt channeling skills. A couple of stuns are fine - it's unlikely DK will save his Dragon Tail for the support Witch Doctor unless you start getting rampages, in which case you'll hopefully have enough for a BKB. Some heroes are bloody nasty, though - VS, for instance, can stun you from range, and late-game she can swap you straight out of BKB channels as well.

If the other team has gone 'Team Disable', Witch Doctor is going to have a bad time.  :'(

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: August 01, 2013, 03:36:24 am »

Then again, if you've gotten to the point where Witch Doctor is messing with the enemy team so thoroughly, your carry should have been getting farmed up as well.. so Witch Doctor is only a distraction while your carry mows through the other team :D

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: August 01, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »

I was sure VS swap didnt stop chaneling, i tought it acted like a force staff of sorts.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: August 01, 2013, 12:58:05 pm »

I was sure VS swap didnt stop chaneling, i tought it acted like a force staff of sorts.

It does stop channeling, which is why she's so amazing.

A hook doesn't though iirc.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

GP Trixie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 01, 2013, 01:15:59 pm »

I can confirm that VS swap does stop chaneling. I'm 100% sure that pudge hook stop enemy channeling, but not for allies. I know that force staff doesn't cancel channeling for allies, but does for yourself, it's great for placing a crystal maiden ult or getting a witch doctor out of danger, but you need a buddy. The only thing I'm not sure is force staff on enemies.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: August 01, 2013, 01:24:50 pm »

it's great for placing a crystal maiden ult or getting a witch doctor out of danger, but you need a buddy. The only thing I'm not sure is force staff on enemies.

With Pudge it's better, as the range on hook is twice the range of force staff, and has no positioning requirements.
With force staff there's always this chance to force staff them into a chronosphere, a swarm of bees or Detroid.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: August 01, 2013, 01:50:52 pm »

VS swap is the end all be all of interrupt spells. Only thing that can protect a channeller from VS is Linken's Sphere. Even then she can probably just stun you first unless you BKB.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: August 01, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »

I should stop being Lazy and update the steam group stuff  :P
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: August 01, 2013, 02:42:31 pm »

Come to think about it, VS is one of very few ranged heroes with a reliable long-range stun.

In fact... if I'm not mistaken she's the ONLY ranged hero with a reliable long-range stun. Every else has line stuns or not-really-a-stun.

I don't know if I would include hex as a long range stun since the range on hex is quite small. It's quite hard to run up to someone and hex them without consequence whereas it's a piece of cake with VS's magic missile.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 246